How do you do this Wi-Fi Network stuff to set up the iPod?

Dioxazine

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I picked up an iPod 4th Generation 16GB earlier today and I'm stuck. I'm at the Wi-Fi screen and it's asking me to choose a Network. There is a box on the top that says Other and below that a box that says Connect to iTunes. Don't know what to do here. I looked on YouTube and from what I saw you should be able to go to the Home Screen and choose Settings and under Settings find Wi-Fi and it should list some networks and then you choose on and go on from there. I can't seem to get to the Home Screen. I'm not seeing all those icons representing all those apps. Every time I press the Home button on the bottom it just shows iPod and then the configure button on the bottom.

Can someone help me out?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You should see a list with the wifi networks around you if your not seeing any networks then u have a hardware issue

Dioxazine

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
All I see is a screen that says Wi-Fi and says Choose a Network and it looks like I can type something in there. Why can't I get to the Settings app that everybody keeps talking about? Seems to me I should be able to press the Home button and see all those icons on the screen and go into Settings and see if Wi-Fi is even turned on.

Isn't there a way to get through setup without doing this Wi-Fi stuff?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya hook it to iTunes .. The option your seeing is if you type your network in manually .. You can't get to home screen until its activated .. Only way to activate is hook to iTunes or select a wifi network put in password connect and press next

Dioxazine

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay I got through setup okay using iTunes. Thanks. Next question: I added five albums to my library but iTunes put every song in the same location under Most Recently Added. I was hoping I could manually create individual folders and store the appropriate songs from each album in each respective folder. Is there a way to do something like this?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes you make play lists but under the music library it's all together so you just add whatever songs to what play list and them sync

Dioxazine

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay I got 5 playlists on my iPod. Is there a way to program the thing so it will play all playlists one right after the other? Or do I have to make a separate playlist for that? If I got to make a separate playlist for that (kinda like a master list), then what's the sense in creating 5 individual playlists if they all gotta be thrown together to play sequentially through all the albums?

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
how come people never click on the thanks??!?!?!?!!?!?

- - - Updated - - -

really were back to double posting?????

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

really were back to double posting?????

Thanks lol
Normally when I start a thread I don't get a response or a solid answer so no one to really thank haha my questions must be ones that are too complex or people just don't have a clue lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro