New ipod touch 5g and GPS?

towusop

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
So I have seen the photos of the new ipod touch and am currently lusting after one. I have just one question. Does it have GPS? My feeling is no because the hardware spec's on Apple's website do specifically say it does. Any help would be appreciated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So I have seen the photos of the new ipod touch and am currently lusting after one. I have just one question. Does it have GPS? My feeling is no because the hardware spec's on Apple's website do specifically say it does. Any help would be appreciated.

No, the iPods do not come with GPS... however - you can add a GPS receiver for use with iPod Touches. There are bluetooth devices that can connect with the new version of iPod, and allow one to make use of apps that store full maps on the device. Garmin makes a device called the GLO... BadElf makes a bluetooth device, as well as a GPS receiver that plugs into the Apple 30 pin port to provide GPS receiver data to devices that have no GPS receiver, or supplemental data to devices that have GPS receivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2