Preparing iPod touch for School!

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! I would like to ask everyone for what they think on what Apps I should get to prepare for 9th grade as a student. What do you think? Also, I would prefer if they were free.

Thanks,
NetworkLabs

Current Recommended Apps -
Dropbox
Dictionary.com
Evernote Peek - Not compatible
Idea Flight - Not compatible
iForumulas
Kno - Not compatible
iA Writer
Notability
SnapSeed

Last edited:

nl_84

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you a teacher or student?

If you're a teacher check out ThreeRing, interesting way to create student portfolios with their site and app
TeacherKit is also excellent.

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I am a student. I just want to have it useful for school for necessary reasons. I have known of WolframAlpha for it's great computing engine. I guess I will look into the additional services it provides. Also, I need apps that don't require internet to be used. This is so I can use them at school since the school's WIFI is locked. D=

nl_84

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
As a student, the apps you have listed should all be very useful. As the year goes on it could be a good idea to search the app store from time to time to see if there are any apps directly related to the topics you are studying.

Do other students use iPods? And what about your teachers?

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I learned that my school is very strict on electronics and won't even allow them for education. Only one teacher in the whole school will allow me to use it and that is for Photography. So, what would you recommend for that? They can be free or paid.

nl_84

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Snapseed is great for photography. Also check out Camera+, PowerCam, 360 Panorama (by occipital), iPhoto, Diptic.

They're my favourite photography apps anyway! I also use Dropbox to sync them to my PC.

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I will look into those! Thank you!

Now what about smoothing out noise? Because with a iPod, noise is a common problem...

Again, thank you for you help!

Edit - Also, if you know of any Cydia Apps/Tweaks that would be good for my camera, let me know!

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
When you zoom in on a photo, it has a grainy look. This is referred to as noise nowadays. I am wondering if there is a good app that can reduce that when I zoom in on a already taken photo.

nl_84

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Haha, sorry, thought you meant noise as in sound!

I guess that's down to the quality of the iPod camera? Not sure about smoothing that out, but I would imagine that Snapseed has some feature for that.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You're pretty limited if your school won't allow you to use it. That being the case, you might get by with an ipad or mini. Schools can be pretty funny in how they see devices and their worth. Apple didn't help any by naming it an ipod touch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro