iPod touch 4g screen flickers white

Dskgolf

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
My friend's iPod touch has been doing this weird flickering thing every time he uses the iPod. It didn't bother him much, so he didn't send it back to Apple while it was still on warranty.
The warranty is now up, and it has got much worse. Instead of flickering white it now goes to a nearly solid white screen. You cannot use the iPod for more than 30 minutes at a time without it freaking out. The only thing that seems to fix it is to leave it alone for a few minutes. It's fully functional (minus issue at hand) and hasn't suffered any large falls or water damage that we are aware of.
Has anyone had this problem (or a similar one) that might be able to provide any solutions?
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm with Peligro, sounds like something is wrong with the screen. Perhaps a loose connection, or some other fault, and it could be moisture damage. The device does NOT have to be wet to get it, condensation could be the culprit. Did he ever take it in to the shower room?

Anyways a screen repair should cost around 50-100 dollars. I would recommend you go to a professional to do it, since opening the device yourself can introduce other problem. That is, you can hook something up wrong, or damage some of the internals in the process.

Jamess9046

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
You could try a DFU restore, they've been known to fix problems like this in the past. Otherwise your best bet is to replace your screen, are there any other issues with your iPod apart from this?

NZNN

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

This happened to me. I updated it to iOS 6.1 and it fixed the problem. Can you still use the iPod touch? :confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2