I've acquired an iPod Touch 4G for 20 (get in!). Only problem is, the digitizer is cracked. I've looked on eBay for replacements and it looks like buying the LCD & Digi together is the best option? If this is the case, why is this?

I'd rather just pay for a new Digitizer, assuming the hassle isn't much worse than putting both LCD and Digi together in one package?

Thanks guys :-)
    06-28-2012 12:01 AM
    Have you tried Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile They are a pretty good place to get parts. Now keep in mind that device repair is NOT an easy thing to do and you can end up causing damage while trying to repair stuff.
    07-01-2012 09:18 PM
    You can not ipod 4 and iPhone 4 and up the digitizer is fused together with the LCD .. U replace one your replace both .. And honestly it is easier that way

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-01-2012 09:37 PM
    Apple laminate the cover glass and the LCD together on the iPod touch 4th generation, theres no way to separate them without destroying the display; your only option is to buy a whole display assembly.
    08-22-2012 11:40 PM
    I'd rather just pay for a new Digitizer, assuming the hassle isn't much worse than putting both LCD and Digi together in one package?

AF Formula
    08-25-2012 06:35 AM

AF Formula
    It is a hassle as the 2 pieces are not 2 pieces they are 1

Digitizer and LCD are fused period one solid piece

To Replace one you replace both
    08-27-2012 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD