Hello,

I have a iPod Touch 4 that i just got from apple because my old one has a hardware issues.
    It is running 4.3.5 and it is jail-broke, i cant get it to upgrade to iOS 5 or to restore it i keep getting error 3194.

Thanks for your help!!

oh and on a side note I used redsn0w.

I am totally new at this jail-breaking thing but like what I see so feel free to give any tips.

-ALERTman
    05-25-2012 09:57 AM
    Hello,

I have a iPod Touch 4 that i just got from apple because my old one has a hardware issues.
    It is running 4.3.5 and it is jail-broke, i cant get it to upgrade to iOS 5 or to restore it i keep getting error 3194.

Thanks for your help!!

oh and on a side note I used redsn0w.

I am totally new at this jail-breaking thing but like what I see so feel free to give any tips.

-ALERTman
    You can't upgrade to that version unless you have shsh blob files saved for 5.0. You have to upgrade to 5.1.1 which shouldn't be a problem as Absinthe 2.0 has just been released which will jailbreak you ipod and it will be un-tethered.

If you get any problems, give me a shout here.
    ALERTman likes this.
    05-25-2012 10:08 AM
    Do you have a link that I can use to download 5.1.1 to restore it into my iPod in itunes?
    05-25-2012 10:14 AM
    Do you have a link that I can use to download 5.1.1 to restore it into my iPod in itunes?
    You need to use iTunes on your PC or Mac buddy. Can't be done with a link.

All you need to do is hook up your iPod to iTunes and then there will be a button to upgrade the software.

Have you got access to a pc or mac? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. Just trying to understand what you are doing??
    ALERTman likes this.
    05-25-2012 10:29 AM
    Yes, PC.
    iTunes does not connect to the internet though. It has problems.

I can make it work if i need to by removing some other software I would rather not though.

Thanks for your time!
    05-25-2012 11:21 AM
    Yes, PC.
    iTunes does not connect to the internet though. It has problems.

I can make it work if i need to by removing some other software I would rather not though.

Thanks for your time!
    You have to use iTunes mate.
    05-25-2012 01:33 PM
    Thanks!! I'll work on it.

So just hit restore and follow instructions?
    05-25-2012 02:56 PM
    Thanks!! I'll work on it.

So just hit restore and follow instructions?
    yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapalol
    06-06-2012 10:17 PM
    Well, you can download the ipsw files separately, you don't need iTunes for that: Downloads for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV
    06-06-2012 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD