How does iPod Touch 4G "feels" compared to iPhone 4/4S?

sallena

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I own this iPod Touch for almost a year by now (bought it last December) and my experience has been mostly good.

But now I'm thinking about switch to iPhone, most likely the new 4S. But I'd like some opinions from you first.

How different is your experience when you play around with iPod Touch vs iPhone4 or even 4s? I feel on some occasions my iPod is a bit sluggish. I have around 80apps installed (no JB here) .. Even sliding on home screen or pinching on Safari can be a bit annoying due to sluggishness.

So ... Does iPhone 4/4s is much much more responsive than iPod Touch? I only have some chance to play it on local reseller. I felt iPhone was more responsive and quick. But then again that iPhone has no additional apps. How if iPhone has many apps in it? Will it sluggish too?

And please compare tok about battery life? Does iPhone's battery stands much longer? And also display quality, does IPS panel on iPhone looks noticeably better than iPod? Even when viewed in axis?

Thank you for your time and opinion.
g.php

Regards

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I started out with a iPhone 4 from AT&T and couldn't afford the bill so I sold my phone and brought an iPod touch. Coming from an iPhone I was not happy. I thought it was a iphone without
the phone but I was wrong. The iPhone 4 has more memory which makes a big difference. The iPod touch would sometimes lag and crash. I never had that problem with the phone. I think the iPod touch screen is nice but the phone screen is a lot nicer. I was use to looking at the phone from all angles and seeing a clear screen. The iPod touch is a great device if you have never had an iPhone. I went back to the iPhone 4. I can only imagine that the 4s is even better. As far as battery life the phone is just a little better we should be getting an upgrade soon to fix the problem with all devices. You would enjoy the phone so much better.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPod Touch 4 too for almost a year now. I also bought the iPh4S when it came out in autumn.

My experience: ever since the iOS 5 upgrade, iPod touch has been indeed sluggish. Touch is definitely lighter and slimmer than iPhone. Funny thing is that some people do not know about the touch (or rather they do not remember that there is such a device). I was asked twice in a month about if I had the newest iPhone and whether it was really that thin! (imagine!)

iPhone 4S feels more refined, responsive, etc. Also, there is no Siri for iPod Touch (even in iOS 5). Other than that, and 3G data connection unavailability (in iPod touch) - not many differences out there.

kaser123

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
i found iPod Touch is more attractive to me. It is much thinner than iPhone and gets the most of functions of an iPhone. IMO,there is no need to buy an iPhone if you already got an iPod Touch

Sonlon

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I like ipod touch as I can enjoy music from it much better,and I am wondering why don't you to wait the iPhone 5 if you want to switch to iPhone 4S.

reltm

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S and an iPod touch 4G. The 4S is noticeably faster. There are times when it hesitates, but not nearly a frequently as with the iPod touch. Also some games will crash on the iPod touch but play fine on the 4S. Also battery life is better, but this could be because my iPod touch is a year older than the 4S. Love having the better camera, too. Only thing I miss is how nice and thin the iPod is.

CHIP72

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just bought an iPhone 4 off eBay and have had an iPod Touch 4th gen for a couple months. (I liked what I saw on the iPod Touch enough to spring for an iPhone 4, plus I'm a smartphone addict - have Android, Windows Phone, and webOS smartphones, plus Blackberry and webOS tablets.:eek:) One of the things I noticed with the iPod Touch relative to the iPhone 4 (both from playing around with other people's iPhones and now from having my own iPhone) is that the control button on the iPod Touch is considerably less responsive - sometimes I'd have to press it 2-3 times to take the action I wanted it to take.

I would think the battery life on the iPhone is much, much less than on an iPod Touch, if you have a phone line linked in to the iPhone; having a cellular connection that is on all the time really sucks the battery life out of all smartphones.

reltm

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually I disagree. The iPhone 4 has better viewing angles and is brighter, making it more clear unless viewed from straight on.

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually I disagree. The iPhone 4 has better viewing angles and is brighter, making it more clear unless viewed from straight on.

ITA. Although I do not own the iPhone 4, I have the 4S. I purchased my devices in reverse order of the OP. I purchased my iPod Touch only b/c my daughter would not stay off my iPhone (playing games). The purpose of the Touch is strictly for her to play games & me to listen to podcasts. I definitely would not say the Touch is the next best thing to getting an iPhone 4 or 4S. Not only are the camera & screen resolution on both devices polar opposites....as others have stated the iPhone is faster & more responsive. Plus if your not near "unlocked" wi-fi often, you won't be able to use all the functionality regularly. I've had this problem when me & my daughter are away from home---she can't even listen to the radio. LOL.

Last edited:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How different is your experience when you play around with iPod Touch vs iPhone4 or even 4s? I feel on some occasions my iPod is a bit sluggish.

It's slower, doesn't have an iPhone processor or ram.

So ... Does iPhone 4/4s is much much more responsive than iPod Touch? How if iPhone has many apps in it? Will it sluggish too?

Remember that an iPod is just a music player. It's not a phone or tablet. So not as much is put into it as the iPhone or iPad.

And also display quality, does IPS panel on iPhone looks noticeably better than iPod? Even when viewed in axis?

You're talking reg led vs a retina display?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73