Stolen iPod

Lynyrd2p

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I am devastated! My iPod touch has been stolen. Although I have an iPhone, I still have access to all my stuff, but so does the person who stole my iPod.

Why doesn't apple let us notify them of stolen devices so they can send a message directly to the device when the person tries to synch up with iTunes telling them that CAUTION!! This device will be deactivated and can NOT be used because it is STOLEN!!!

A little extreme, but seriously. Does anyone have advice about the data that is on my iPod. Will it delete when they try to synch it up with their own iTunes account?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Its not Apple's job to prevent that stuff. Its your job to protect your devices. They do offer "Find iPhone" if you ever set that up with your iTouch and see the location and you can remote wipe it.

Lynyrd2p

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You are correct, it is my job to prevent it, but I failed. It would be a GREAT added service if they could do something like that though because you know they CAN!! The technology is definitely there.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This is why they provide the "find my iphone" feature.

Imagine this. I sell my friend an ipod. He uses it for a few weeks and then he makes me mad. I call Apple and tell them it was stolen and they lock out the sync on the ipod that he bought legit. Now it is up to him to prove he bought it. See where that could cause issues?? With find my iphone you are responsible and not Apple.

BTW sorry someone stole your ipod :(

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
These are lucrative devices for thiefs, guard it like your wallet.

As mentioned, Find My iPhone is a great service.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73