iPod 4G jailbreak problem [5.01]

forever_yoshi

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am both new to iPod and Jailbreaking, recently I got a iPod 4G, and I tried to jailbreak it. However, I come across a complicated problem and I hope someone can give me some advices.
It started like this:
The iPod come in system 5.0, so I jailbroke it using redsnow and 5.0 ISPW.
However, when I open cydia and installed an app, it asks me to reboot my device, after doing so, I come across the "White Apple" problem and have to restore my iPod.
Everything was fine, until after I restore, I realize that my system become 5.01
So I once again searched for 5.01 jailbreak, and it says "use 5.0 ISPW for this jailbreak".
And I did exactly what they say, and come to a problem that cydia cannot start while I finished jailbreaking using redsnow, also, there is a message at the end of the process of the jailbreaking saying that the ISPW is not right.
I then try to repeat the process and see if I can fix it back the answer is no. I then tried using 5.01ISPW in redsnow version 0.9.9b8, which claims it cannot recognize the ISPW.
I went on another round of searching and people suggested me to use sn0wbreeze, and again, at the step which I need to restore my iPod, I met a problem of error 3194.
I tried many ways to get rid of the error, upgrading my iTunes, changing the host file, but none of them worked.
Reseting the iPod do not work too, and I cant even restore the iPod normally now as it gives me error 3194 all the time.
Neither can I jailbreak it as both redsnow and Sn0wbreeze fails to work.
Can anyone help me please?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner