Best Of Both Worlds? BB 9930 and ipod Touch 4th Gen?

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a loyal BlackBerry user, on August 21st I upgraded my Sprint BB Curve 8330 to a Bold 9930 and couldn't be happier, but I feel I'm missing some kewl ipod/iOS5 stuff, and I'm thinking of getting a 4th generation ipod touch to compliment my Bold 9930...so will I actually be getting best of both worlds?

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure. I just sold my Verizon BlackBerry 9930 and picked up a iPhone 4 32gb...

I had the same thought as you, but that was one more thing I had to carry with me...I made the switch to iPhone for device consolidation.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm just using the ipod touch 4th Gen at home, just like for listening my itunes and Netflix and media stuff.

If that's all you are going to do, then I'd say go for it. I like my media with me and everything seemed to be more difficult with the BlackBerry in that regard. I like to plug my phone into my car to listen to Pandora and have my itunes with me where ever I might be, so I'd have to carry two devices.

Just get a 4S.

/thread

If it were that easy...not everyone wants to throw out $600+ for an off-contract upgrade.

Reactions: leftypepper716

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Priorities. You could easily sell both devices and make up a LARGE portion of that 600, just have to have the motivation to do so.

No doubt, I sold my 9930 for $425 and used the money to buy my iPhone 4 32gb used for $300. The extra goes for travel during the holidays.

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, 1st off I do not want to sell my BlackBerry Bold 9930, It's the best device I've had for what it does, I love the qwerty keyboard, but like i've said, I want somthing to compliment my Bold 9930, and I think the ipod touch 4th gen should do it for me. So shelling out $200 plus tax for an extra media device isn't to bad. Again, like the original post..."BEST of both worlds" IMO :)

Last edited:

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If that's all you are going to do, then I'd say go for it. I like my media with me and everything seemed to be more difficult with the BlackBerry in that regard. I like to plug my phone into my car to listen to Pandora and have my itunes with me where ever I might be, so I'd have to carry two devices.

If it were that easy...not everyone wants to throw out $600+ for an off-contract upgrade.
Yes, thank you...sitting on my deck smoking a nice cigar, drinking a cool adult beverage while listening to my itunes or Netflix, or if I have my accoustic guitar with me, Apple app store has some very good guitar tuner apps (one of the worst parts of RIM/BB...get better APPS!!) And now that my daughter got the new Sprint iphone 4S, we can video chat and iM now. And thanks, I forgot about playing my ipod touch in the car (I do have an older 2GB ipod)

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, thank you...sitting on my deck smoking a nice cigar, drinking a cool adult beverage while listening to my itunes or Netflix, or if I have my accoustic guitar with me, Apple app store has some very good guitar tuner apps (one of the worst parts of RIM/BB...get better APPS!!) And now that my daughter got the new Sprint iphone 4S, we can video chat and iM now. And thanks, I forgot about playing my ipod touch in the car (I do have an older 2GB ipod)

Definitely the way to go then. And for what its worth the BB 9930 is a great device, they missed a few things, but it did have the best physical keyboard I had ever used.

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I use to do the Blackberry Bold and iTouch 4 combo. It was a nice compliment to my, at the time, practically gameless Blackberry. Having a larger and clearer screen for watching videos and browsing the web was great too. I've since traded in my Blackberry for an Android device and now use it with my iTouch. Sadly, my iPod hasn't seen much use after my transition to Android. Unless I'm trying to create music on a handheld, I haven't really found anything my iTouch does better than Android. The advanced equalizers with compression make it a superior device for listening to music, Flash and a faster processor make browsing the web quite a bit more enjoyable, and most of the major iOS games get ported to Android as well.

It's still a great device and miles ahead of Blackberry's OS (something I never thought I'd be caught saying.. I was quite a Crackberry head).

My advice if you're looking for a BB companion.. Go to a BestBuy or comparable store and get a little hands on time with an iPod touch to see if it's really what you're looking for. Then check out a comparably priced Android tablet. It never hurts to try out all the options you have, right? :)

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use to do the Blackberry Bold and iTouch 4 combo. It was a nice compliment to my, at the time, practically gameless Blackberry. Having a larger and clearer screen for watching videos and browsing the web was great too. I've since traded in my Blackberry for an Android device and now use it with my iTouch. Sadly, my iPod hasn't seen much use after my transition to Android. Unless I'm trying to create music on a handheld, I haven't really found anything my iTouch does better than Android. The advanced equalizers with compression make it a superior device for listening to music, Flash and a faster processor make browsing the web quite a bit more enjoyable, and most of the major iOS games get ported to Android as well.

It's still a great device and miles ahead of Blackberry's OS (something I never thought I'd be caught saying.. I was quite a Crackberry head).

My advice if you're looking for a BB companion.. Go to a BestBuy or comparable store and get a little hands on time with an iPod touch to see if it's really what you're looking for. Then check out a comparably priced Android tablet. It never hurts to try out all the options you have, right? :)

I looked at the 5" Samsung Galaxy MP3 and I'm sure it'd be a great in between from a iphone/BlackBerry to a ipad or Playbook, but for me, the ipod touch 4th gen (which I did purchase yesterday at my local BestBuy) will do me just fine, like I said before, my daughter has a Sprint iphone 4S and I'll be able to Facetime & iM w/her and also, I have an older ipod 2GB and have a car adaptor that NOW will be for my ipod touch 4th gen, already loaded Slacker, Pandora AND SiriusXM apps on it, and this weekend the entire Beatles CD's (from Please, Please Me to Let It Be and both Past Master's)

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the 5" Samsung Galaxy MP3 and I'm sure it'd be a great in between from a iphone/BlackBerry to a ipad or Playbook, but for me, the ipod touch 4th gen (which I did purchase yesterday at my local BestBuy) will do me just fine, like I said before, my daughter has a Sprint iphone 4S and I'll be able to Facetime & iM w/her and also, I have an older ipod 2GB and have a car adaptor that NOW will be for my ipod touch 4th gen, already loaded Slacker, Pandora AND SiriusXM apps on it, and this weekend the entire Beatles CD's (from Please, Please Me to Let It Be and both Past Master's)

Congratulations on your purchase! Hope you have fun with it. I know I've had a load of fun with mine.

What a coincidence. I was listening to the White Album when I came back to read your response.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL I bought my Beatles "White Album" the same day it was released on CD in '87 or '88. It was numbered just like the original Album was in 1968. I have all my Beatle CD's stored at my Mother's house, and thinking of stopping over this weekend to pick them up and finish my Beatles CD to itunes this weekend. I think I should be able to get ALL the Beatle CD's to my ipod, it's got like 6GB left, and I've only used 750MB for five albums (#1's, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper and two McCartney's Wingspan 2 discs and Choba B CCCP) I always wanted to put my enitre collection of Beatle CDs on an ipod, and now I'm gonna :) like I said, I have all the regular released ones from Please, Please Me to Let It Be and both volumes of Past Masters, and Beatles at The BBC AND all three Anthology CDs. So I'll be Beatle ready baby :)

KhalilAlkak

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i have a curve 9300 and an ipod touch 4th, and yes i'm getting the best of both world, cause basically a 4th gen ipod has the same hardware as the 4, but not as powerful as a 4S

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey I have a blackberry curve 3G which I love dearly and I have a iPod touch 4 gen which I love just as much... So yes I think that bb and iPod is the best combo an the best of both worlds! I just can't let go of my bb.. I don't know what it is about it.. :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have Blackberry 9900 + iPod Touch 4 + iPad 2 Awesome!!!!!!!!!
But soon I will get rid of my BB and iPod Touch to be replaced by an iPhone :cool:

thecondor33

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I use a 9810 and also have an ipod touch. I don't take the ipod out of the house often, but I like being able to play the games, listen to music at home. I personally wouldn't want to trade them for a 4s as I prefer my BB as my daily driver.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox