Memories of a 1st Generation iPod touch

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I remember when I had my first iPod touch.

It was one of the first (capacitive) touch devices around that I'd heard of and I was eager to have one.

Back then, I wasn't as keen to explore new music and there was no such thing as the 'App Store'.

Back when the stock 'apps' were even referred to as 'widgets'.

Back then, it was JailbreakMe for iOS 1.1.1 which wasn't even referred to as 'iOS' but 'iPhone OS'.

Back then, it was NullRiver's Installer.

Back then, there was SummerBoard, not WinterBoard.

My first iPod touch was what brought me to the world of technology and of Apple's iDevices.

My first iPod touch, which has long since become near-obsolete, that brought me to buy my first iPhone, the iPhone 3G.

Can anybody else remember the times when the iPod touch 1st Generation was around? Any Installer stories?

I'm down here in Australia, so we didn't have the (1st Generation) iPhone.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have my first gen iPod touch. I replaced the batt and it reads backwards (shows 100% when it dies and 0% fully charged) but it works and I use it as the kids don't like it as it doesn't have a built in speaker.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Ask4Jay

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I remember when the App store went all the up to one hundred apps. Wow! I checked the App Store every day to search for business type apps. I bought mine in 07 as a replacement for my Palm PDA. When I upgraded to 3rd gen, my wife inherited the 1st gen. What sealed the deal for me originally was the email function. The old Palm would sync everything, but not the touch, which was almost a deal breaker. But

sutki72

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I still have my first gen iPod touch. I replaced the batt and it reads backwards (shows 100% when it dies and 0% fully charged) but it works and I use it as the kids don't like it as it doesn't have a built in speaker.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

children can buy a different model :)

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, I remember when I first jailbroke... got my first theme... played my first game! that was great.... I miss those days haha

greasemuntney

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
What is funny I thought MAN THIS IS FAST! Now I used it the other day and thought is this thing ever going to open the music app? Times have changed and the speed has changed. I hate working on my son's 3gS due to the slow speed. I have gotten to use to the i4 and iPad that you forget how older devises worked. What is more funny is in 3-5 years we will be saying look how slow the i4 was compared to ?? now, and I had to touch the icon to get it to open back then.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I still have my first gen iPod Touch. I am not getting rid of it because I want to look at it and say this where it started for iPhone and a better Smartphone experience.

DJ

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods