iPod Touch 1g and iPhone 4 sync problems

illini_aw

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64, and recently got an iPhone 4 on Verizon, have had an iPod touch 1g for about 2 years now and now my iPod touch 1g won't show up in iTunes. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling iTunes, I uninstalled the device drivers through device manager, no matter what I do, once I plug in my iPhone 4 and the driver updates, the ipod touch won't show up anymore.

The only way it seems to show up is if I run iTunes in comparability mode for Windows XP SP3, however, then there's an annoying pop-up message before I open itunes, telling me it's running in comparability mode, then it makes Windows Aero go crazy and turn off. Any ideas?

Last edited:

illini_aw

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
That was actually the only reason I found out to use compatibility mode, since my iPod touch 1g was acting up and I put it in DFU to restore it. Originally it wouldn't even show up in iTunes and only when I ran it in compatibility mode did it finally show up and restore to 3.1.2 or whatever the latest version of the iPod touch 1g is.

Any other ideas? Am I the only one running an iPhone 4 and a iPod touch 1g with Windows 7 x64 having problems?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox