Hey all,

I have my iPod touch for 1 month now, so i am kinda newbie to it... Lately I've been watching my 'Other' space grow like crazy! It's about 2.5 GB long! Is that common? If not, how can I erase it? BTW, my iPod is the 8GB version, so that's why it bothers me :/

Thanks in advance!
    12-08-2010 09:58 PM
    Are you jailbroken? This is where lots of your files may go.
    12-09-2010 09:43 PM
    My 'other' data on my 3G is around the 2gb mark. That is where all your contacts, emails, messages ect get saved. As pointed out above it is also where Jailbreak stuff will go. If you are running out of space then you can reduce the size of the music bit by checking 'Convert Higher Bit Rate Songs to 128kbps AAC' on the Summary tab. There was a Tipb Tip a while back with how to do this.

Tip: How to get more apps and media onto your iPhone and iPad | TiPb
    12-10-2010 04:43 AM
    Anybody have a list of what "other" might include if ur not jailbroken?
    12-10-2010 07:06 PM
    Well, I'm not Jailbroken, that's why I was surprised... As to music, I checked how much less size it would take if I had converted and it didn't was that much... But if I some day need more space that's what I am definitely doing! Also I agree with xxDruMMer BoYxx: please post a list if you know!
    12-10-2010 10:00 PM
    Contacts, messages (on iPhone), app data (like game progress), cookies and cache from Safari, emails, notes, calendar data, Youtube data, alarms, map cache, all your Settings and much more. Basically its everything else

Help??
    12-11-2010 11:05 AM
    @dpscott

Yeah, it helped... I'll just try to manage all the stuff you mentioned and see if it lowers... Thanks to everyone who answered! (:
    12-11-2010 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD