Ran into an interesting issue that I have not seen or heard much about. I have been using an iPod Touch since the early days and a regular iPod before that, and I know this is not a iPod forum, but since both the iPhone and iPod Touch use iOS 4, I thought I might post it here.

Basically, I put new content on my iPod, whether it be movies, music, or podcasts, and when I disconnect (the right way of course ) it shows I do not have any music, videos or podcasts. It is really odd though that it shows I still have used 24gb of space.

This has happened three times in the 3 weeks I have had my iPod Touch 4.

I thus have a few questions....

1 - Has this ever happened to anyone here whether with the iPod or iPhone using iOS 4?

2 - If so, was it a defect or am I doing something wrong?

3 - Anyone here like tacos? (I had a third question, but I answered it already, but to maintain continuity, I had to add a third question to still have a few questions.)
    11-03-2010 08:58 AM
    I love tacos.

Is the section "Other" where the primary memory usage is? If so, that is apparently a common issue from an older version of iTunes (not sure what version you are using). I would just do a restore and resync.
    theiphonewannabe likes this.
    11-03-2010 09:19 AM
    I love tacos.

Is the section "Other" where the primary memory usage is? If so, that is apparently a common issue from an older version of iTunes (not sure what version you are using). I would just do a restore and resync.
    It's all in the same place it was at the beginning. I use the latest version of iTunes on a Windows 7 PC. I have done the restore 2 times and this will be the 3rd in 3 weeks. I am wondering if there is something I am not considering.

I guess I could go into the Apple store and have them take a look, but I don't have time to drive there till tomorrow.

Anyone else out there have any ideas on this?

(By the way, nice to hear about the taco thing.....)
    11-03-2010 09:36 AM
    Apple store will just look at it, check the water damage indicators and then give you a new one...one of my co workers bought the same iPod touch, had an issue with the Apps closing immediately after he tried opening them (which turned out to be a itunes account issue) but they didnt even look at it, just checked the indicators and snagged a new box and sent him on his way...luckily i was helping him sync it and saw the problem before.
    11-03-2010 12:02 PM
    So, I just synced it up again and now they all show. Very odd. Still might have the Apple store replace it.
    11-03-2010 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD