iPod Touch 4G?

sidspappy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iPod Touch 4th Gen?

Any rumors or talk of the next iPod Touch 4th Gen? I read that it will probably release September, but I haven't seen anything.

I just bought a 3GS in March, not being knowledgeable about the pending release of iPhone 4. So now I am in a two-year contract with AT&T. I have no complaints, as I am loving it.

Still, if the new higher-res screen and faster processor of the iPhone 4th Gen gets carried over to the new iPod, then would it be reasonable to shoot for buying the iPod to enjoy all of the new software that takes advantage of the next-gen features?

I figure then after two-years, I'll get the iPhone 5 or whatever is out then.

Last edited:

sidspappy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iPod Touch 4th Gen?

Gahh, it won't be called 'iPhone 4G' people!! 4G technology isn't readily available yet! Makes me so mad.

/rant
Yeah, okay, my mistake. I'm still new. But come on, if that makes you SO mad, maybe you need to cut back on the caffeine, alcohol, crystal meth, etc. ;)

Anyway, now that iPhone "FOUR" (NOT 4G!) has been announced, I really think I'll be picking up the iPod Touch 4th Gen - providing they include the majority of the iPhone "FOUR" features.

The screen is gonna be awesome. I'm mainly a gamer, movie watcher, and reader on my iPhone 3GS, so the FaceTime thing isn't a factor for me, as I assume they won't include it in a iPod Touch.

sidspappy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So with the front-facing camera on the iPhone 4 and FaceTime, along with the rumors that the camera wasn't included in the 3rd Gen iPod Touch because it would cut into the functionality already popular in the iPhone, could Apple consider the front-facing camera only on the 4th Gen iPod? Since FaceTime is currently Wi-Fi only, the iPod Touch would be an excellent candidate for a iChat-type interface.

My thinking is that it will be one or the other, as the iPods tend to be thinner than the iPhone, not to mention hitting a certain price point.

What do you think? The iPhone 4 is a done deal, and now I'm speculating on the next thing to come out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods