Broken ipod Touch

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
Is it worth it to get my ipod touch looked at by a repair service or just see if I can replace it? Can repair services get my ipod to brand new?

I was running on a treadmill at the gym and my touch slipped out of the tray...I have an arm band for it but forgot it on this fateful day...Anyway...my touch hit the corner of the treadmill and then hit the ground...cracked the screen but everything still works it just looks miserable

I wanted to see if anyone has used a repair service before and if they had good results with it?

NolMichelle

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
So just to get it right, you can still listen to the music but the display is completely cracked? Because I don't think that they can replace the whole display at a reasonable price.

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
My display is cracked so I just wanted to see if I could replace that without totaling my whole device so I did some research over the weekend...have either of you had any good experiences with an ipod repair company? I googled "ipod" repair and a few companies came up...I checked out a company's website called Global Repair Solutions...They are in Hurst, TX so I may use them since I live in Texas not too far from there they charge $99 bucks to replace the LCD...

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
Where is Horizon Wireless located? I used this company Global Repair Solutions because they were local in Texas. Two thumbs up for a speedy repair got my Touch back super fast :D I will not make the mistake of EVER working out without my arm band again!
I'm also thinking about getting a Switch Easy Rebel Touch Case I have heard they are pretty B.A.

Last edited:

Shuffle

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a good repair service on my devices, it's usually way too expensive. See what the price would be, it might be worth upgrading.

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
Re: Repair

Yeah, I actually did send my iPod out, I was debating it but I found a local company and it wasn't too expensive. I paid $99 for the parts (LCD screen) and labor but the company was local so I dropped it off at the store. so I didn't pay shipping...not sure what shipping cost would be...but they do have a website too where you can place online orders. I live in a suburb of Dallas and this comapny is located in Hurst, TX about 40 mins from me. They are called Global Repair Solutions Global Repair Solutions - iPod Repair - iPhone Repair - BlackBerry Repair and they repaired my device same day I dropped it off. I was a little worried that I would get it back and it wouldn't be as good as new but they really did a legit job and my touch is a good as the day I unboxed it. Very happy with the service:D

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
Re: Grs

I'm curious to know if anyone has used Global Repair Solutions since I gave them a shout out? I was just curious because I would like to see them do well...they are mom and pop but good at what they do.

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
Grs

No dude I already used them but I just wanted to see if anyone else had checked them out because I thought they did a good job on my repair and wanted to give them a shout out on the forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro