I have a problem with my ipod touch 3rd gen 32gb.. For some reason it doesn't connect to the wifi at my school but it connects everywhere else (meaning my house and friends) but when I'm at school I see the network and I join it there is no security its an open network it gived a check mark but when I open up sarafi and try to go to a web page it just keeps saying connecting and youtbe says it cannot conenct either. Can anybody help with this problem?

*ipod is jailbroken on 3.1.2 using blackra1n
    01-14-2010 09:41 AM
    there are ways to limit actual connections to approved devices on networks. I can think of several off the top of my head

these include-
    a system that requires a specific application be running
    MAC address filtering
    endpoint analysis

an open wifi network doesn't mean it's an open Internet network.

you're going to have to contact your school for more help.
    01-14-2010 10:26 AM
    But they are so many other itouchs that connect and one of my friends connected theirs to the network today while mine still wouldn't work..
    01-14-2010 04:01 PM
    Hmm I am wondering if the jailbreaking is the problem even if your friends own are jailbroken too something is not connecting with your phone. Have you checked out the hardware.
    03-18-2010 08:21 PM
    It might just be the router, does it have any special firewalls?
    03-27-2010 11:03 AM
    probably an issue with the router
    03-27-2010 10:03 PM
    Sometimes you just cant connect to open networks its weird -.-"
    speaking of networks does anyone know a way to get into networks without knowing there passwords? :S
    05-02-2010 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD