Will having/using my iPhone near beads or jewelry made with beads and metal craft wire (like rings, necklaces, etc) crack or scratch my iPhone screen just from being near them? Especially if a bead fell on the screen. I have a screen protector.
    12-21-2022 11:23 AM
    Just by being “near them”? No.

If beads or jewelry fell on the iPhone, will it get scratched or possibly crack the screen? It’s possible, but I doubt it. No one can say for certain, though. How heavy are the beads? Are they round and smooth? Does your jewelry have sharp edges? How many times have you dropped your phone already?
    Annie_M and Up_And_Away like this.
    12-21-2022 11:40 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore! One thing I avoid is putting my iPhone in the same pocket as my keys… either a coat or my jeans or in my purse. I do use a screen protector but I can’t stand it when it gets scratched.
    Up_And_Away and Garz like this.
    12-21-2022 12:17 PM
    Will having/using my iPhone near beads or jewelry made with beads and metal craft wire (like rings, necklaces, etc) crack or scratch my iPhone screen just from being near them? Especially if a bead fell on the screen. I have a screen protector.
    Screens are pretty tough these days, certainly iPhones. The bead would have to be heavier than a costume jewelry bead. In general something hitting the screen with a blunt edge is where it could possibly cause an issue (though a costume jewelry is generally too light to do anything, imho). As Just_Me_D aptly pointed out, it’s quite a lot about the variables of what you’re dropping on the iphone.

The screen is really really unlikely to scratch being nearby sharp objects or them lightly brushing across. But the screen(iPhone) in a tight space together with an edged/blunt object — as Annie suggested, in a pocket with keys? While it is not certain it will scratch, you are now firmly inside the scratch danger zone.

Is this an iPhone 14 pro recently purchased? If so and you can afford 200$? Buy the 2 year AppleCare+. Think of it as buying piece of mind for about $8.50 per month. Just one time a month opt for the burger when you intended to get the NY Strip. Voila, AppleCare+ monthly cost is paid for
    Mars20 likes this.
    12-22-2022 01:58 AM