I have an iPhone12. FriendAndroid has a Samsung smartphone, I don't know the model. FriendApple has an iPhone, I think it is an iPhone10 but not certain of the model.

I often send a picture via text message from my phone to my two friends. The picture is always delivered to FriendApple. The picture is never delivered to FriendAndroid, usually I get a "Not Delivered" error message.

Text-only text messages work to both friends.

What's going on that I cannot send a picture to FriendAndroid? What can I do to deliver the picture to FriendAndroid?

Thanks.
    11-16-2021 11:56 AM
    Did you send the photo in a group text? If so, try sending them separately. I've had issues with group texts going to both iPhone and Android users. Sending them separately seemed to work better.
    11-16-2021 12:00 PM
    I have an iPhone12. FriendAndroid has a Samsung smartphone, I don't know the model. FriendApple has an iPhone, I think it is an iPhone10 but not certain of the model.

I often send a picture via text message from my phone to my two friends. The picture is always delivered to FriendApple. The picture is never delivered to FriendAndroid, usually I get a "Not Delivered" error message.

Text-only text messages work to both friends.

What's going on that I cannot send a picture to FriendAndroid? What can I do to deliver the picture to FriendAndroid?

Thanks.
    On your iPhone, go to Settings → Messages and then enable the toggle next to “MMS messaging”.
    11-16-2021 12:04 PM
    Are your message bubbles blue or green.

Blue is iMessage, so that should work between iPhones and is free by relaying on your data package.

Green is sms/mms, that works for android however the photo/video will be severely degraded/compressed and might require an added fee/ subscription depending on where you are based and your carrier contract.

Good luck op.
    11-16-2021 01:51 PM
    Annie_M: I have done it both ways. Sending a photo via text to FriendAndroid fails when I send it just to him or to him and FriendApple as the same time.

Just_Me-D: MMS Messaging is enabled, has been for a long time.

FFR: The failure is indicated by a “Not Delivered” notification below the picture in the texting app, it is not a bubble. There is also a red, circled exclamation point beside the picture.

The text messaging app I am using is what I understand to be iMessage. Its icon is at the bottom of the iPhone12 screen, a white bubble inside a green square. Is that the text messaging app I should be using?
    11-16-2021 03:28 PM
    Does your monthly carrier plan allow for mms?
    11-16-2021 03:43 PM
    FRR: My carrier is Consumer Cellular. The pdf of the bill contains neither the term "MMS" nor "Multimedia Messaging Service". I talked with Consumer Cellular just now, the rep advises the account is configued to accommodate texting pictures from iPhone to Android. The rep seemed to know what I was asking but would not go into detail about what that configuration entails.

FriendAndroid has texted lots of pictures to me without issue. Further, FriendAndroid advises other iPhone users routinely text pictures to him.
    11-16-2021 04:26 PM
    If you are talking about sharing photos that you have taken with your iPhone, go to your iPhone Settings, then Camera, and then Formats. Are you using High Efficiency or Most Compatible? The older Android may not recognize the HEIF or HEVC formats and may need to be JPEG/H.264.

If you are just sharing images that you have downloaded they should already be JPEG.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-16-2021 04:33 PM
    If your plan is provisioned for mms then I would suggest you try this, no idea what else you could try.

Try disabling mms under the messages pane in the settings app, restart your phone and then switch it back on.
    11-16-2021 04:36 PM
    metllicamilitia: Camera > Formats was set to High Efficiency. I changed it to Most Compatible, snapped a pic and texted that pic to FriendAndroid. It took a minute or two (as is usual) to display the Not Delivered message. Is that a valid test?
    11-16-2021 04:46 PM
    FRR: My carrier is Consumer Cellular. The pdf of the billing statement contains neither the term "MMS" nor "Multimedia Messaging Service". I talked with Consumer Cellular just now, the rep advises the account is configued to accommodate texting pictures from iPhone to Android. The rep seemed to know what I was asking but would not go into detail about what that configuration entails.

FriendAndroid has texted lots of pictures to me without issue. Further, FriendAndroid advises he routinely receives pictures texted to him from other iPhone users.
    11-16-2021 04:48 PM
    FRR: My carrier is Consumer Cellular. The pdf of the billing statement contains neither the term "MMS" nor "Multimedia Messaging Service". I talked with Consumer Cellular just now, the rep advises the account is configued to accommodate texting pictures from iPhone to Android. The rep seemed to know what I was asking but would not go into detail about what that configuration entails.

FriendAndroid has texted lots of pictures to me without issue. Further, FriendAndroid advises he routinely receives pictures texted to him from other iPhone users.
    Try what I posted above and report back.
    11-16-2021 04:50 PM
    One more thing: I have poor cell service at my home, so most of my smartphone usage is via wi-fi calling. I don't know if that figures into my problem, thought I'd mention it just in case. I cannot recall being away from home and using the cell system to text a picture, so I do not know if that would work or not. I'll try to test that later today and report back.
    11-16-2021 05:05 PM
    Sounds like a ConsumerCellular issue to me.

https://www.parkansky.com/accesspoint.htm

It’s the apn settings.
    11-16-2021 05:14 PM
    One more thing: I have poor cell service at my home, so most of my smartphone usage is via wi-fi calling. I don't know if that figures into my problem, thought I'd mention it just in case. I cannot recall being away from home and using the cell system to text a picture, so I do not know if that would work or not. I'll try to test that later today and report back.
    It might. You might also try Reset Network Settings. Go to Settings>General>Transfer or reset iPhone > scroll down to Reset> Reset Network Settings
    11-16-2021 05:18 PM
    It might. You might also try Reset Network Settings. Go to Settings>General>Transfer or reset iPhone > scroll down to Reset> Reset Network Settings
    Don’t think that would do anything for mms. But it will erase his wifi trusted list.
    11-16-2021 05:21 PM
    FFR: "Try disabling mms under the messages pane in the settings app, restart your phone and then switch it back on."

Disabled MMS, restarted the iPhone, reenabled MMS, took a pic, texted it to FriendAndroid, got the usual Not Delivered message.
    11-16-2021 05:25 PM
    Ok.

Last thing to try. Settings> mobile data> mobile data network> reset settings.

Good luck
    11-16-2021 05:27 PM
    Ledsteplin: " . . . try Reset Network Settings. Go to Settings>General>Transfer or reset iPhone > scroll down to Reset> Reset Network Settings"

Did the reset, took a pic, texted it to FriendAndroid, got the usual Not Delivered message.
    11-16-2021 05:33 PM
    FFR: I do not find mobile data listed in Settings. Could you clarify where to find it?

I am not a smartphone guru, sometimes I miss the obvious. Thanks for all the advice from everyone.
    11-16-2021 06:14 PM
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-16-2021 06:53 PM
    FFR: Thank you. My iPhone's fourth line on that screen is Cellular. On the Cellular menu screen I do not find a Mobile Data Network entry nor an entry to do a reset. There is a Cellular Data entry, but it is either on or off.
    11-16-2021 09:15 PM
    So this is a random thought and may not have any appeal because it’s more of a workaround than a solution. Have you tried emailing a photo from your phone to your Android friend?
    11-16-2021 09:20 PM
    metllicamilitia: Camera > Formats was set to High Efficiency. I changed it to Most Compatible, snapped a pic and texted that pic to FriendAndroid. It took a minute or two (as is usual) to display the Not Delivered message. Is that a valid test?
    Yes, that is a valid test. Based on the other replies in this thread, I would recommend contacting your provider and having them look into it. It seems to be an issue with the carrier at this point and nothing you have the ability to correct yourself.
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-17-2021 01:26 PM
    FFR: Thank you. My iPhone's fourth line on that screen is Cellular. On the Cellular menu screen I do not find a Mobile Data Network entry nor an entry to do a reset. There is a Cellular Data entry, but it is either on or off.
    Can you post a screenshot of what’s in your cellular settings pane?

Also is your iPhone unlocked or carrier locked, that makes a difference.
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-17-2021 01:28 PM
47 12