Delete emails from same user

stevex12

Feb 19, 2021
Visit site
I have five emails from the same email address. I want to keep two of the emails but delete the other three.

When I try to delete one of the unwanted emails, the iPhone wants to delete all five emails. I do not see a way to delete just one and keep the remaining emails.

How do I configure mail to delete that I want to delete but keep the remaining emails from the same email address?

Thanks.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have five emails from the same email address. I want to keep two of the emails but delete the other three.

When I try to delete one of the unwanted emails, the iPhone wants to delete all five emails. I do not see a way to delete just one and keep the remaining emails.

How do I configure mail to delete that I want to delete but keep the remaining emails from the same email address?

Thanks.

Are they 5 different emails, or 5 duplicate emails? Are you using threaded view? What email client are you using? We really need a little more detail

stevex12

Feb 19, 2021
Visit site
The 5 emails are not duplicates, they are all different but from the same sender.

I am using the Mail client that is part of the iPhone software.

I do not know what the threaded view is. I see in Settings that "Organize by Thread" is ON and "Complete Threads" is ON.

Thanks for helping me with this. I have been an iPhone user for a few months and still learning my way around.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The 5 emails are not duplicates, they are all different but from the same sender.

I am using the Mail client that is part of the iPhone software.

I do not know what the threaded view is. I see in Settings that "Organize by Thread" is ON and "Complete Threads" is ON.

Thanks for helping me with this. I have been an iPhone user for a few months and still learning my way around.

Hello and welcome to iMore. It can be tricky, that's for sure!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have this little blue arrow next to your message?

6417457b2ad7e71cb545408b4591e3ca.jpg

If so, tap on it. That should expand all the messages in the thread. Then you can swipe individual messages to delete or long press on each of them for additional options :)

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Do you have this little blue arrow next to your message?

6417457b2ad7e71cb545408b4591e3ca.jpg

If so, tap on it. That should expand all the messages in the thread. Then you can swipe individual messages to delete or long press on each of them for additional options :)

Thanks Ed.

stevex12

Feb 19, 2021
Visit site
Hello Ed7789. As suggested by Annie_M, I went to Settings > Mail > Threading > and turned off Organize by Thread. That allowed me to delete individual emails instead of being offered only the choice of deleting all of them.

I do recall seeing the blue arrow. Next time I have multiple emails from the same sender I will check out use of the blue arrow as you suggest.

Thanks so much to all of you for helping me resolve this problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal