Let me start by saying I know everyone is different with varying viewpoints.

With that being said, I’m the type of person who will generally and thoroughly research a product before purchasing it. Not always, but generally. I’ve had mobile phones for 31 years (since 1989). When I returned to using the iPhone (iPhone 4S) from having used a Droid Incredible and EVO 4G, I knew exactly what I was getting.

I didn’t demand that Apple make my iPhone to be like my Android phones nor did I expect it to be. It irks me sometimes when people trash the iPhone simply because it doesn’t allow users to do certain things the way they can on an Android smartphone.

Remember the BlackBerry by RIM? It now runs a Google operating system and [to me], it’s no longer a BlackBerry. Can you imaging putting the Google OS on the iPhone? I don’t want that. I like the iPhone. I like what it can and can’t do. It’s a freakin’ iPhone....(Laughing).
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 12-05-2020 at 02:38 PM.
    12-05-2020 12:49 PM
    I came back to the iPhone (ad I always seem to do) precisely because its not an Android. I like Android a lot which is why I’ve had so many. I also like iOS and its polish and take-it-for-granted simplicity. I like that video chatting with most my family and friends is easy without requiring them to do anything special. iPhone keyboards allow me to type faster without correcting what the keyboard thinks I want to write (that is huge). I like that I can have two iPhones and an iPad and they all get my test messages and Facetime.

These are the little things that always bring me back to an iPhone. With my 12 Pro Maxes I’m thinking I may stay awhile...loves these phones.

I’m glad my iPhones are not Androids.
    Just_Me_D, Spencerdl and aximtreo like this.
    12-05-2020 02:33 PM
    I came back to the iPhone (ad I always seem to do) precisely because its not an Android. I like Android a lot which is why I’ve had so many. I also like iOS and its polish and take-it-for-granted simplicity. I like that video chatting with most my family and friends is easy without requiring them to do anything special. iPhone keyboards allow me to type faster without correcting what the keyboard thinks I want to write (that is huge). I like that I can have two iPhones and an iPad and they all get my test messages and Facetime.

These are the little things that always bring me back to an iPhone. With my 12 Pro Maxes I’m thinking I may stay awhile...loves these phones.

I’m glad my iPhones are not Androids.
    I sometimes tell people it’s not that I dislike Android smartphones because I don’t. I simply like the iPhone better. It fits “me”. Know what I mean?
    12-05-2020 02:46 PM
    I do dislike Android. And I will continue to do so.

As you already stated, demanding from Apple they make the iPhone or iOS like Android is not healthy nor something Apple should take into consideration.

You either love it or leave it.
    aximtreo and Just_Me_D like this.
    12-05-2020 02:49 PM
    I believe people jump between the two because they find lackings in both that coincidentally they satisfy for the other group of users.

IOS doesn't have widgets like Android and so Apple made widgets for IOS.

Android doesn't have simplicity like IOS so they create apple-like themes for Android.

It's a chicken egg problem.
    12-05-2020 06:10 PM
    I don't like Pipo who use iPhones...LOL
    12-06-2020 07:02 AM
    I sometimes tell people it’s not that I dislike Android smartphones because I don’t. I simply like the iPhone better. It fits “me”. Know what I mean?
    BINGO!!!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-06-2020 07:07 AM
    I have also been around the industry since the early days and I remember my first cell phone was a Motorola brick that was supplied to me by the company I worked for and required using the mobile operator to make a call.

As with others out there, I have had all the major operating systems I.e blackberry, android, windows mobile and IOS. I will still always be loyal to the blackberry brand and all those operating systems had their good and bad points.

Now many years later, I have chosen IOS and a Blackberry Key2 (Android) as my daily drivers. I still tell folks who ask me which is the best platform, my response is always the same.

Whatever works best for your needs, in this day and age, the differences between IOS and Android is personal choice, period.

They both do the job and the companies using these operating systems are still making wheelbarrows of money, the rest is just water under the bridge.
    Just_Me_D and Spencerdl like this.
    12-06-2020 07:31 PM
    I remember the early mobile phones with the lead acid battery and a standard handset,in a satchel, I remember the very first motorola bricks and the scramble to get hold of government issue batteries for them, I used and wore out Nokia phones until someone gave me a 3GS, I learnt Apple phones (ish !) Never have I found the slightest need to go to Google and it’s children for an OS, what I have works well, I think I’ll stick !
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-07-2020 10:09 AM
    Let me start by saying I know everyone is different with varying viewpoints.

With that being said, I’m the type of person who will generally and thoroughly research a product before purchasing it. Not always, but generally. I’ve had mobile phones for 31 years (since 1989). When I returned to using the iPhone (iPhone 4S) from having used a Droid Incredible and EVO 4G, I knew exactly what I was getting.

I didn’t demand that Apple make my iPhone to be like my Android phones nor did I expect it to be. It irks me sometimes when people trash the iPhone simply because it doesn’t allow users to do certain things the way they can on an Android smartphone.

Remember the BlackBerry by RIM? It now runs a Google operating system and [to me], it’s no longer a BlackBerry. Can you imaging putting the Google OS on the iPhone? I don’t want that. I like the iPhone. I like what it can and can’t do. It’s a freakin’ iPhone....(Laughing).
    I'd love to have some Google OS capabilities on Apple hardware. I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro Max right now and I'd love for it to have Apple Pencil capabilities. Why doesn't it? It seems like that large display is just a waste. I long for more. I don't want a million app icons on my home screen. I think the notification dot is irritating and should be removed when swiping away a notification on the lock screen. I don't want widgets that I can't interact with, like swiping to delete/archive emails, etc.

There's much I love about Apple, but it could really take some awesome features from Android and incorporate it into iOS. I still hang onto an Android phone (Pixel 5 right now) because so much of Android is good.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-07-2020 12:49 PM
    I'd love to have some Google OS capabilities on Apple hardware. I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro Max right now and I'd love for it to have Apple Pencil capabilities. Why doesn't it? It seems like that large display is just a waste. I long for more. I don't want a million app icons on my home screen. I think the notification dot is irritating and should be removed when swiping away a notification on the lock screen. I don't want widgets that I can't interact with, like swiping to delete/archive emails, etc.

There's much I love about Apple, but it could really take some awesome features from Android and incorporate it into iOS. I still hang onto an Android phone (Pixel 5 right now) because so much of Android is good.
    I agree that so much of Android is good. I was recently issued a Google Pixel 2 for app testing / Demo purposes and the device is really nice. With that being said, I still prefer the iPhone and iOS. In addition, I still prefer the two brands to remain distinctly different. To each his or her own, right?....
    grover5 likes this.
    12-07-2020 01:56 PM