I’ve been around long enough to know that certain communications between businesses and consumers are by design. If that is indeed true then leaks must play a significant part for Apple.

With that being said, what benefit(s) do you think leaks provide to Apple?
    Annie_M likes this.
    04-21-2020 08:58 AM
    For one thing, it keeps the Apple Brand present at all times in the mind of consumers! Even when other phones are being introduced by other manufacturers, there's always some sort of current speculation about what's next for Apple.
    04-21-2020 09:01 AM
    Leaks provide an off hand survey, per se', to the product about to be released.

Similar to what other companies do with product releases, they have a soft release, to a select market. Based on the statistics from that, make adjustments (if needed), then release to the masses...
    This is exactly what I was thinking, but in the past there have been leaks with mostly negative reaction and Apple went ahead with the plan...if I’m remembering correctly.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-21-2020 09:43 AM
    Whether a leak is planned or not, probably the biggest benefit to them when they are beneficial is creating hype around an upcoming product. It might just get someone who wasn't going to buy it to re-think things and buy it after all. At the same time I can see it being harmful if someone was already on the fence, sees the leak, takes the gamble that it's real (whether it ends up being or not) and goes off and buys the competing product instead. I know that all sounds kind of generic, but I think it kind of covers leaks at a high level and you'd have to debate leaks for a specific product to narrow in a more specific benefit. (or I could just need caffeine this morning lol)
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    04-21-2020 12:04 PM
    It creates a little excitement amongst those people who need help to know what they might want.....
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-21-2020 04:23 PM
    As with most folks on these forums, I have been around since the early days and being Apple is one of the most secretive companies and go through great lengths to protect information related to product releases.

I pretty much wait and see what shows up on the Apple website when the pre ordering process officially starts.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-22-2020 04:46 PM
    To use the Tax Preparer words: Free; free free publicity. Another analogy to use is to throw it against the wall and see what sticks.
    Just_Me_D and bakron1 like this.
    04-23-2020 07:26 AM
    Free promotion and market tester / reaction.
    If adjustable, they will adjust, if not then they will just find solution or prepare what to say or counter.
    It also give them some rough forecast for their production or next phone trend
    The more the speculation trend in the market, also impact to their stocks value
    05-17-2020 03:25 PM
    I’ve been around long enough to know that certain communications between businesses and consumers are by design. If that is indeed true then leaks must play a significant part for Apple.

With that being said, what benefit(s) do you think leaks provide to Apple?
    Like any other company, it creates excitement and anticipation, especially if there is something very different in the leak than what was expected.

I hate leaks though because not everything in them comes true, sometimes an early prototype leaks and then the final version of the device comes out with things missing from the prototype for example Reverse Charging being pulled at the 11th hour in the 11 Pro series yet still having some of that hardware remaining in the final units.
    06-06-2020 06:50 PM