Do you always pick the same color phone regardless?

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
What criteria do you take into account when choosing the phone color you purchase?

Given the option I always would choose a blue phone. If it was between black or silver I went with black.

When I switch to iPhone from Android and purchased the iPhone XS I bought the white iPhone. Part of it was the case I wanted from Speck. Then I bought the Silver Apple Watch 4 since I had a white phone.

Just curious about the rest of the population out there.

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone Color

I generally stick with black because whatever case I put on it will mostly hide the color.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

My first iPhone was black. Then my next two iPhones were the silver and white combination. My 8 Plus is the "gold" but it has more of a rose/copper tone to it. I have been drawn to the product red and the midnight green in the current iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Max. And I'm really excited about the rumors of a Navy Blue iPhone. Since clear cases have improved, I don't have to worry about covering up the color of my iPhone. All of that said, and considering that all my color choices have been neutral, I have wondered about growing weary of a bolder or brighter phone after a while.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

All my phones up until the XS have been Space Grey. I wanted the classic traditional look. While waiting for the XS I fell in love with a clear case for the X and when I found out it would fit the XS I ordered silver. Went with Silver and a clear case on my Pro Max as well. If they were ever to do a Pro in the lavender they did for the 11 I’d get that in a heartbeat. My kids are rocking 11s in red and yellow. Manufacturers have tons of clear cases now so “customizing” your phone’s look and showing off the color is easy.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site

If they were ever to do a Pro in the lavender they did for the 11 I’d get that in a heartbeat. My kids are rocking 11s in red and yellow. Manufacturers have tons of clear cases now so “customizing” your phone’s look and showing off the color is easy.

That lavender is one of the best colors ever on a phone.

As Annie said above a Navy Blue might pull me away from the white/silver.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

What criteria do you take into account when choosing the phone color you purchase?

Given the option I always would choose a blue phone. If it was between black or silver I went with black.

When I switch to iPhone from Android and purchased the iPhone XS I bought the white iPhone. Part of it was the case I wanted from Speck. Then I bought the Silver Apple Watch 4 since I had a white phone.

Just curious about the rest of the population out there.

I tend to choose a color that’s suitable for both business and personal environments. I’m conservative with colors so it won’t be flashy....:)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I prefer Space Grey, but I venture out occasionally. I’m currently rocking a Space Grey X and a Gold XS.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't care what color the back of the phone is because it's always in a case. But for me, the front always has to be black.

I usually get Space Gray or whatever version has a black front.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Has to be black, the face is all you can see anyway,but I wouldn’t feel right buying anything but black or space grey. Years ago I had a series of coloured Nokias,none of them lasted more than a year, this may have affected my perception of coloured phones !?

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
All my Android and iPhones have been black with the exception of the 6S which I got in white. It ended up not liking it because with the big bezels, it looked hideous when the screen was off. The contrast between the screen and bezels was a big turn off. That wouldn't be an issue with the X and up.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's all in how I'm feeling at the time. My iPhone history dates back to the 4S. I went with the black at the time because it was sleek, imo. I had a black 5 and then with the 5S I switched to the silver. I stuck with the silver color scheme with the 6 and the 6S. When the 7 rolled around, I feel in love with the matte black option so my 7 Plus was Matte Black (still by favorite iPhone to this day). Then the X released and I went with the black. Throughout all the years, I always admired the gold but I never pulled the trigger. So when the 11 Pro released...I jumped at the Gold and I'm happy with it.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't…

I had the black iPhone 4, because white wasn't available when I got that one. Then, white/silver iPhone 5, gold iPhone 6s and green iPhone 11 Pro.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I like the silver models for a long time until they came out with the gold ones. I always liked the limited edition red model and always thought it would have been cool to come out with a special midnight blue model.

When I went to the Apple store to check out the iPhone 11 Pro and seen the green model up close, I picked one up with the matching leather case and have been happy with the purchase.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR