As a smartphone user, we are all different, i.e. some will only use an iOS device, or only an Android device.
    Then, you have those of us, that use both, and often, too.

So, with that, curious, if you're using one OS, say iOS, and you stat getting an itch to use the other, in this example, Android, do you give in, and buy an Android, or way for the itch to pass? Especially at the astronomical prices of smartphones these days.

This is merely for conversation, so let's not seep into an iOS versus Android conversation. Thanks all for participating.
    02-19-2020 02:44 PM
    Once I started using IOS .. No no itch .
    joemd60, wenrob and aximtreo like this.
    02-19-2020 02:49 PM
    I have never experienced such an itch! It's iOS for me. I realize that many people go back and forth between different operating systems, but it's not for me.
    joemd60 likes this.
    02-19-2020 02:55 PM
    Been an iOS user from the very beginning.
    I loathe the idea of even trying out another OS, blergh.
    Annie_M, kataran, joemd60 and 1 others like this.
    02-19-2020 02:58 PM
    Started out with Android in the beginning.

Then I got the itch to try iOS.

Never looked back. :-)
    02-19-2020 04:14 PM
    As a smartphone user, we are all different, i.e. some will only use an iOS device, or only an Android device.

So, with that, curious, if you're using one OS, say iOS, and you stat getting an itch to use the other, in this example, Android, do you give in, and buy an Android, or way for the itch to pass? Especially at the astronomical prices of smartphones these days.

This is merely for conversation, so let's not seep into an iOS versus Android conversation. Thanks all for participating.
    This is why I use both. Neither, to me, is perfect. Each has their good and bad points. It’s so easy to switch back and forth so I never get bored and have the best of both worlds.

I’ve never been a fanboy type. I like variety.
    Golurk likes this.
    02-19-2020 04:25 PM

Excellent question, Ivan. With that being said, I’m pretty set in my preferred smartphone OS and the only itch I get is to update it to the latest dev beta when released....
    02-19-2020 04:29 PM
    As a method to the madness, I just changed the case on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Here’s hoping the itch wears off. LOL
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-19-2020 06:51 PM
    Never owned an android device but helped many people set theres up and still never got that itch
    Tartarus and Just_Me_D like this.
    02-19-2020 07:39 PM
    I've never used an Android. So, no itch!
    Tartarus likes this.
    02-19-2020 07:58 PM
    I get this itch all the time. But I keep returning the android phones and coming back to iOS. Lately I’ve been eyeballing the Note 10 Plus yet again even after returning it 4 times. True definition of insanity: executing the same behavior and expecting a different result. That’s me. Totally insane. However this time I haven’t been able to pull the trigger and actually buy the phone again. I always feel like I’m cheating on my iPhone when I get the android device and end up returning it. Ugh. Why can’t I just be happy with what I have. I love the ecosystem, I’ve got the iPads, the iMac, the air pods, Apple TV, yet thoughts of that galaxy note 10 plus keep sliding back in. Luckily I’ve been able to resist this time. Maybe I’ve beaten it lol.
    02-19-2020 08:14 PM
    I like all of them. The OS's. I always have an Android around, usually a cheaper one. I have a Moto G5 Plus because it was only $200, I rooted it, and I wanted an unrooted Android for a work phone, so I bought a Nokia 6.1. However, when I signed that line up with Cricket I did get a ZTE Blade X Max. I used my main line on iOS and generally upgraded annually. I did not get the 11, but I did just get a OnePlus 7t. So I use iOS and Android and lament the loss of Blackberry and Windows Phone. I started on Blackberry, and I did have a cheaper Windows Phone for a bit too.
    ivantwilliams likes this.
    02-19-2020 08:19 PM
    I’ve used them all. BB from 05 thru 09. Then iOS , then Android, then Windows Phone, back to Android, then back to iOS. From 2013 thru 2018 I had the current + sized iPhone and the current Samsung Note every year. I was out of control. Finally I settled on iOS and quit switching. The things that keep me locked in on iOS now are iMessage, FaceTime, Apple Watch and the “Find My” app.
    ivantwilliams and aximtreo like this.
    02-19-2020 08:40 PM
    Nope, no itch, devices work great together and fits my needs. If it aint broke,dont fix it.
    02-19-2020 10:39 PM
    No itch since i came from windows mobile. iOS has been really good so far since using the 11 pro max. But it’s good to know we have options. So yeah no itch
    02-20-2020 05:52 AM
    I get this itch all the time. But I keep returning the android phones and coming back to iOS. Lately I’ve been eyeballing the Note 10 Plus yet again even after returning it 4 times. True definition of insanity: executing the same behavior and expecting a different result. That’s me. Totally insane. However this time I haven’t been able to pull the trigger and actually buy the phone again. I always feel like I’m cheating on my iPhone when I get the android device and end up returning it. Ugh. Why can’t I just be happy with what I have. I love the ecosystem, I’ve got the iPads, the iMac, the air pods, Apple TV, yet thoughts of that galaxy note 10 plus keep sliding back in. Luckily I’ve been able to resist this time. Maybe I’ve beaten it lol.
    If you don’t already have one get an Apple Watch. That helps.
    02-20-2020 05:54 AM
    Maybe you’re just into tech that’s all
    02-20-2020 06:07 AM
    I work in IT, and often, I have felt I switch, merely to keep up with the ever changing technology.
    And, to be honest, with the amount of money I have spent on iOS/Apple, I should not even be considering a change.

Rolling with a different case on my device today. Let's see how I do - LOL
    nikkisharif and aximtreo like this.
    02-20-2020 06:33 AM
    I have helped people with their Android phones, but I have no desire to switch from my iPhone and Apple devices.
    02-20-2020 07:38 AM
    However, if Apple prices keep going up, I have no problems, repeat NO PROBLEMS, moving everything on iCloud and going back to Google and Android.
    phlamethrowre, aximtreo and TgeekB like this.
    02-20-2020 08:11 AM
    Nope no itch here as iOS suits me just fine as a former BlackBerry lover. Plus I'm heavily invested in the ecosystem but still have no desire to switch to Android.
    02-20-2020 09:02 AM
    No desire for a long time but I also supervise or oversee multiple tech platforms. There are dozens of Apple and Android devices for me to touch if I want to and too often I have to.

What drives no changing for a while are:

1) The continuity and handoff features with Macs.
    2) The in and out of warranty support for my phone being a primary tool for work.
    3) Some privacy matters related to authentication and general use.
    4) Hardware age life cycle.
    02-20-2020 11:09 AM
    No,not even slightly, I was given a year old 3GS by a mate that was trimming his staff, learnt iOS as far as I need to,it works ! No need for me to play sillybuggers learning another system .
    ivantwilliams and Annie_M like this.
    02-20-2020 02:55 PM
    However, if Apple prices keep going up, I have no problems, repeat NO PROBLEMS, moving everything on iCloud and going back to Google and Android.
    That’s the great advantage of Android, variety and affordability.
    Will be interested to see how the new iPhone 9/SE does. I think Apple finally woke up.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-20-2020 03:29 PM
    I hear you! And, with the latest Samsung devices coming in at around $1499, it will be interesting to see what iPhones sell for in September.

A mortgage payment, anyone?

aximtreo likes this.
    02-20-2020 07:12 PM
42 12