Dell Technologies Cyber Savings Event - Up to 45% off

I am also using Android with no itch. It's fabulous.
    02-26-2020 12:16 AM
    Started out with Android in the beginning.

Then I got the itch to try iOS.

Never looked back. :-)
    I started with Blackberry, then Android. I have no desire but then again I have no desire to get a new iPhone either. I’m chillin for a while

Also...Android just isn’t the best for some of the software I test for work.
    02-26-2020 08:50 PM
    Well. I once again gave in to the itch and bought a Note 10. I phoned my carrier and requested a return kit for it the very next day lol. I will never ever doubt my intuition again. See, I had a very hard time pulling the trigger on ordering the phone and I should’ve paid attention to my hesitation. I hated every second of setting it up. I’m so deep into the Apple ecosystem with all my devices it felt bizarre trying to implement an android device into all of that. I didn’t wanna give access to all those intrusive permissions, and put myself at risk for getting my banking info stolen again, and countless other insecurities. I just did not have the effort left in me to move into this device. Ugh. I guess I’m perfectly satisfied and comfortable with Apple and need to stop thinking I’m gonna warm up to android again. I’m too old and set in my ways now, it used to be fun. No longer the case. Today’s lesson: Be happy with what you have. No more switching for me. I’m here to stay.
    nikkisharif and iwoodland like this.
    02-27-2020 03:41 PM
    I am laughing so hard right now.
    Honestly, you and I both know, come September, we'll both be doing our online orders for the latest iPhone.

I started with Blackberry, then Android. I have no desire but then again I have no desire to get a new iPhone either. I’m chillin for a while

Also...Android just isn’t the best for some of the software I test for work.
    nikkisharif and iwoodland like this.
    02-28-2020 12:31 PM
    Yep, I feel your pain. Alas, I will say, I wish Apple would allow US, the owners of the device(s), to fully change the layout.

Years ago, I used to wish that Apple adopted a similar style to Android, to allow overlays. But, over time, I have learned, that would probably confuse the older generation, versus keeping things simplistic.

I just want a transparent dock, and to place my icons ANYWHERE on the screen.

Okay, mini rant over.

Well. I once again gave in to the itch and bought a Note 10. I phoned my carrier and requested a return kit for it the very next day lol. I will never ever doubt my intuition again. See, I had a very hard time pulling the trigger on ordering the phone and I should’ve paid attention to my hesitation. I hated every second of setting it up. I’m so deep into the Apple ecosystem with all my devices it felt bizarre trying to implement an android device into all of that. I didn’t wanna give access to all those intrusive permissions, and put myself at risk for getting my banking info stolen again, and countless other insecurities. I just did not have the effort left in me to move into this device. Ugh. I guess I’m perfectly satisfied and comfortable with Apple and need to stop thinking I’m gonna warm up to android again. I’m too old and set in my ways now, it used to be fun. No longer the case. Today’s lesson: Be happy with what you have. No more switching for me. I’m here to stay.
    TgeekB and Auronda40 like this.
    02-28-2020 12:37 PM
    I am laughing so hard right now.
    Honestly, you and I both know, come September, we'll both be doing our online orders for the latest iPhone.
    Lol Idk..I’m not too fond of these extremely large phones & I don’t care a bunch about camera features anymore. We’ll see what happens in September, but I’m pretty content with my X & XS.
    02-28-2020 08:35 PM
    Yep, I feel your pain. Alas, I will say, I wish Apple would allow US, the owners of the device(s), to fully change the layout.

Years ago, I used to wish that Apple adopted a similar style to Android, to allow overlays. But, over time, I have learned, that would probably confuse the older generation, versus keeping things simplistic.

I just want a transparent dock, and to place my icons ANYWHERE on the screen.

Okay, mini rant over.
    I have been wanting picture in picture on an iPhone since the Galaxy S3. Still holding my breath lol. If Apple would’ve given us split screen and picture in picture I wouldn’t even look in the direction of android. I’m telling you it’s the biggest reason I keep flip flopping.
    02-29-2020 09:41 PM
    Not anymore.
    03-01-2020 02:29 AM
    Went to iOS in 2013, that’s where I am staying.
    03-01-2020 05:09 AM
    I have been wanting picture in picture on an iPhone since the Galaxy S3. Still holding my breath lol. If Apple would’ve given us split screen and picture in picture I wouldn’t even look in the direction of android. I’m telling you it’s the biggest reason I keep flip flopping.
    I see that some apps like twitter feature picture in picture. I think Vimeo does too. Worth a shot at trying out.
    Auronda40 likes this.
    03-01-2020 08:18 AM
    I use different OS's on a weekly basis. I am not tied into any one OS. I prefer Android over IOS and Apple watch over Android wear or Tizen.
    03-10-2020 01:46 PM
    This is why I use both. Neither, to me, is perfect. Each has their good and bad points. It’s so easy to switch back and forth so I never get bored and have the best of both worlds.

I’ve never been a fanboy type. I like variety.
    Agreed, but currently the only thing keeping my iPhone in use is the Apple watch. Unfortunately, I can't use my Apple watch with any of my Android phone even though my Tizen watch can work with my iPhone even thought it's limited.
    03-10-2020 01:48 PM
    I use different OS's on a weekly basis. I am not tied into any one OS. I prefer Android over IOS and Apple watch over Android wear or Tizen.
    Yes, for me Apple Watch is the absolute star in Apple ecosystem right now. I use it every single day, without exception... With my Note 10+.

Strange, but since most of time I'm in a known WiFi network range, and I have my old iPhone X to setup, instal and uninstall apps and change my watch faces, I really don't see any single problems receiving my main notifications and using my main apps with it. Could be much better if we could pair it with Android devices but, hey, if this was the case so it wouldn't be Apple anymore, right?
    DEman19901 likes this.
    03-10-2020 03:53 PM
    Being I am loyal to both Apple and Blackberry and I am also an ambassador on the iMore and CB forums, I switch between IOS and Android using my Blackberry Key2.

I have the apps all I use in the both the Google and Apple stores and can easily switched between the two platforms. The one thing I don’t like about Android is the notes. My Apple notes are password protected and this is not available in Google Keep.

As far as which one I like best, I will still say the integration between IOS and my Apple desktop is the best in the business and that’s where Apple really shines. But that’s if your using Mac OS, the PC folks might have some input on that.

In the end it’s about what you feel comfortable using. I will always be loyal to Blackberry because that’s what I used in the early days and I have a lot of friends on the CB forums.

But, I still enjoy switching back and forth between the two operating systems, keeps me up on the technology on both sides of the fence.
    Last edited by bakron1; 03-31-2020 at 12:16 PM.
    03-30-2020 05:38 PM
    I always want to try the newest Note and now the S20 Ultra. But I always remember that no matter the size of battery iPhone will always be better
    03-31-2020 02:46 AM
    Being I am loyal to both Apple and Blackberry and I am also an ambassador on the CB forums, I switch between IOS and Android using my Blackberry Key2.

I have the apps all I use in the both the Google and Apple stores and can easily switched between the two platforms. The one thing I don’t like about Android is the notes. My Apple notes are password protected and this is not available in Google Keep.

As far as which one I like best, I will still say the integration between IOS and my Apple desktop is the best in the business and that’s where Apple really shines. But that’s if your using Mac OS, the PC folks might have some input on that.

In the end it’s about what you feel comfortable using. I will always be loyal to Blackberry because that’s what I used in the early days and I have a lot of friends on the CB forums.

But, I still enjoy switching back and forth between the two operating systems, keeps me up on the technology on both sides of the fence.
    BTW, technically you’re Ambassador here as well. For that matter, across the Mobile Nations properties also.

I’m also loyal in a similar manner to BlackBerry too.
    bakron1 likes this.
    03-31-2020 08:14 AM
    BTW, technically you’re Ambassador here as well. For that matter, across the Mobile Nations properties also.

I’m also loyal in a similar manner to BlackBerry too.
    Yep and I am tech junkie and try and support the entire Mobile Nations platform as best as I can and enjoy doing it.
    03-31-2020 08:23 AM
    I started off using Android and got very frustrated with the fragmentation that was going on at the time, waiting for the carrier to step on an update and load it up with bloat ware, battery life, etc... Google has made significant progress over the course of the years and the OS does have its strong points and the customizable features are a huge selling point for a lot of people. With that being said, when I switched over to IOS (iPhone 5s) it felt like a breath of fresh air and provided the fluid experience that I was looking for. I still pay attention to what is going on with Android, I simply have no desire to switch back...
    04-19-2020 11:43 AM
    I started off using Android and got very frustrated with the fragmentation that was going on at the time, waiting for the carrier to step on an update and load it up with bloat ware, battery life, etc... Google has made significant progress over the course of the years and the OS does have its strong points and the customizable features are a huge selling point for a lot of people. With that being said, when I switched over to IOS (iPhone 5s) it felt like a breath of fresh air and provided the fluid experience that I was looking for. I still pay attention to what is going on with Android, I simply have no desire to switch back...
    I wouldn’t be able to tell you what the latest offerings from Android are. That’s not a knock on Android, but more of a thumbs up for Apple. With that being said, I do long for “Blackberry” periodically, and I’m not talking about what I dub as Android-berry....
    tmx31415 likes this.
    04-19-2020 12:21 PM
    Ewww, gross.
    No, I don’t think or long or fantasize about other smartphones OSes.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-20-2020 11:34 AM
    Yes I do. And am doing so right now lol

Currently android with a Note 9 which I love but seeing the hype and unboxing fever of the new SE has gotten me intrigued by ios and iPhones again.

Wife has had an phone for years now and I flip back and forth. Android was my first smartphone in 2010/11 and then went to my first iphone in 2012 ish. It's been ios to android to ios to android since at each upgrade.

Working in IT I like to keep up with the OS as I'm often expected to help configure things.

Used to use the iCloud photo sharing area with my wife and all directly in the photos app with no fuss. That is one major thing that is now harder with me being in the android world.
    ivantwilliams and nikkisharif like this.
    04-24-2020 08:04 AM
46 12