How does one go about viewing their iPhone text messages on a PC?

For example, let's say you lose or misplace your iPhone. How could you view your text messages if given access to a PC?
    10-08-2019 05:00 PM
    If you are using a Mac PC, you can set it up for Wi-Fi Calling on other devices. I regularly answer phone calls and text messages/SMS’s this way. At least it works for me and Wi-Fi Calling with my phone company.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-08-2019 06:23 PM
    If you are using a Mac PC, you can set it up for Wi-Fi Calling on other devices. I regularly answer phone calls and text messages/SMS’s this way. At least it works for me and Wi-Fi Calling with my phone company.
    Nope; using a Windows PC; One would think Apple would make this easy to do - largely out of respect to those who either lose or misplace their phone.
    10-08-2019 06:31 PM
    .......-largely out of respect to those who either lose or misplace their phone.

Oh, sorry. You were being serious. Honestly I can’t remember the last time I heard someone say they lost or misplaced their phone.

At any rate, I cannot confirm this right now, but can you log into iCloud.com and use messages there? Only thing is, if 2FA is enabled, you’re going to get asked for a code. And if you don’t have your phone then you’re going to be SOL.
    SwitchBeach likes this.
    10-08-2019 07:22 PM
    At any rate, I cannot confirm this right now, but can you log into iCloud.com and use messages there? Only thing is, if 2FA is enabled, you’re going to get asked for a code. And if you don’t have your phone then you’re going to be SOL.
    There is no web-based version of Messages right now, sadly.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-08-2019 07:29 PM

Oh, sorry. You were being serious. Honestly I can’t remember the last time I heard someone say they lost or misplaced their phone.

iMessages are not part of the iCloud website, at least that I recall.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-08-2019 07:29 PM
    Yep, confirmed. No iMessage access from the web:

How does one go about viewing their iPhone text messages on a PC?-screen-shot-2019-10-08-8.36.03-pm.png

However, you can use FIND IPHONE to locate lost device.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-08-2019 07:37 PM

For example, let's say you lose or misplace your iPhone. How could you view your text messages if given access to a PC?
    Curious.

Are you thinking you may lose your device in the future or have you already lost your device?

Personally, I'd be more worried about trying to either find my lost device or just moving forward with getting a replacement device then I would be trying to access my text messages, right?

Or is that something I'd be the only one trying to do?

Hmmmmmmmm.
    10-08-2019 07:42 PM

If you’re referring to iMessages then the answer is you cannot. As for SMS messages, if the wireless carrier provides a way for you to view the actual text messages, I’m not aware of a way to view them on a PC or Mac.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-08-2019 07:53 PM
    iMessages are not part of the iCloud website, at least that I recall.
    I believe this to be true.
    Just_Me_D and Lee_Bo like this.
    10-08-2019 08:11 PM
    Nope; using a Windows PC; One would think Apple would make this easy to do - largely out of respect to those who either lose or misplace their phone.
    I never thought of getting a Windows PC. Works fine with my Mac.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-08-2019 08:15 PM
    Apple does make it easy if you are using their hardware. In other words, if I lose or misplace my iPhone, I can still access iMessage via my Apple Watch, iMac, MacBook Pro and iPad.

It's also part of Apple's security to block unauthorized access to an iCloud account.
    10-09-2019 09:56 AM