I know this it the era of the large slab phones and everyone wants a bigger model with a better screen and so on!

But, lately I have heard a lot of folks telling me they would love to see a smaller model like the 5s updated with a more memory and a better screen, so it would fit better in their hand and pocket?

It seems forum factor has become an issue again. I have even heard folks who would prefer just having a nice flip phone like the older Motorola Razor that would just provide call and some basic message and notification functions.

Just though I would throw this out there and see what folks think?
    07-10-2019 05:44 AM
    A smaller phone isn’t for me, but I can see that there is a need out there for people who want one. There seems to be such a huge outcry for a updated SE! As for a flip phone, I’m not sure. I know there are people who use them and don’t wanna be bothered by a smart phone, but I just can’t see it from a personal standpoint.
    07-10-2019 07:59 AM
    People want an impossibility that companies like Samsung are trying to fix. Small phone and big screen.
    07-10-2019 08:58 AM
    Me personally, I could never go back to any phone smaller than the X/XS and I have a XS Max. I’ve only seen people on Macrumors post about wanting a SE sized phone, but never out in the real world. Despite the rumors for next year with a 5.4, 6.1 and 6.7 sized iPhone, I don’t see Apple coming out with anything smaller than 5.4. I think the era of SE sized phones is over. Same as TouchID.
    JML5150 likes this.
    07-11-2019 05:44 AM
    more memory and a better screen
    When you say "memory", do you refer to RAM, or storage space?
    JML5150 likes this.
    07-11-2019 08:38 AM
    In my area of travels I only see Phablet size smartphones (iPhone & Android). I personally will never go back to a smaller screen size. I have never heard or know anyone who uses a smartphone saying their going back to a "dumb phone"....NEVER.
    07-11-2019 11:45 AM
    Factor in that by the time many of us have the age and resources available to splurge on a phone, it had better be big as we can no longer see well enough read small screens
    bakron1 and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-11-2019 02:50 PM
    I certainly won't go back to a small iPhone. Too hard to see stuff. I have no issues using a Plus or Max size at all.
    07-11-2019 03:48 PM
    I gave up my SE kicking and screaming but now my X wouldn’t allow me to go smaller again.
    07-11-2019 09:51 PM
    I actually enjoyed the size of my 8. Going any larger than my X/XS will definitely not work for me, since these are kind of bordering on too large. I enjoyed the plus sized phones for a while, but they just don’t fit into my lifestyle anymore. As far as the SE goes, I could never go that small, but I have a coworker that loves his SE. To each their own
    kataran and Annie_8plus like this.
    07-13-2019 11:19 AM
    If I could have an SE sized phone along with my 6s Plus on the same line, without having to switch out the SIM card, I'd do that. Like for trips to the market. Just for phone calls. Don't need a big screen phone for that. But, not possible.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-13-2019 01:08 PM
    If I could have an SE sized phone along with my 6s Plus on the same line, without having to switch out the SIM card, I'd do that. Like for trips to the market. Just for phone calls. Don't need a big screen phone for that. But, not possible.
    I’m exactly like you.
    For most general uses, my SE can’t be beat. You don’t even notice it’s in your pocket.
    My Xr is awesome and the larger screen, speed of processor, better camera are awesome. It even has much better battery life. But I hate carrying it in my pocket.
    kataran and bakron1 like this.
    07-13-2019 01:16 PM
    I would very much like an SE size phone with a maximised screen for my next iPhone, I have the XS, it is too big for out and about, if I want a bigger screen indoors I have iPads. In fact my old 4s is the ideal physical size ( still running by the way !)
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-13-2019 01:27 PM
    It seems clear to me that Apple would be wise to offer many size options because we have so many different preferences.
    dmoskaluk, TgeekB and nikkisharif like this.
    07-14-2019 09:21 AM
    I’d consider purchasing an iPhone the size of the 4/4S and 5 if it had a full display like that of the newer model iPhones.
    bakron1 and nikkisharif like this.
    07-14-2019 10:10 AM
    4s was my first iPhone and IMHO it had the best 'build quality' of all. Maybe it's being small but quite heavy simply gave that impression, (and it was truly 'pocket-sized')
    Just_Me_D and bakron1 like this.
    07-14-2019 10:32 AM
    I’d consider purchasing an iPhone the size of the 4/4S and 5 if it had a full display like that of the newer model iPhones.
    I am with you on this one, get rid of the bezel and make the screen full size like the newer models, update the memory and processor and I am all in.
    Last edited by bakron1; 07-15-2019 at 05:23 AM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-14-2019 05:25 PM
    It seems clear to me that Apple would be wise to offer many size options because we have so many different preferences.
    I think you’re right and maybe why they are rumored to be doing something like that in 2020.
    While I agree with most that the SE, while I love it, is becoming too small for my old tired eyes the great thing about it is it’s pocketability (if that’s a word!). Love my Xr but it’s a bit large for shorts pockets in summer.
    07-14-2019 05:52 PM
    I was hoping that was exactly what they were going to do but I guess not.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-14-2019 05:53 PM
    This seems great for me in theory, but my thumb nails would be an issue when typing. I’d, definitely, take a full display option of the 8 though.
    07-28-2019 02:19 PM
    Surprisingly my 13 year old son wants nothing bigger than the 6/7/8 form factor since the determining factor for him is pocketability. Even when he was offered a brand new XR he said no and instead chose to upgrade his 6 with a refurb 7 from Apple which shocked the heck out of me. I'm not sure what he's going to do in the future but I hope the rumored 5.4 size for 2020 will meet his needs otherwise he's gonna have to face the music. For me my 40+ year old eyes need the biggest phone they offer LOL!!
    nikkisharif and Annie_8plus like this.
    07-28-2019 03:18 PM
    Surprisingly my 13 year old son wants nothing bigger than the 6/7/8 form factor since the determining factor for him is pocketability. Even when he was offered a brand new XR he said no and instead chose to upgrade his 6 with a refurb 7 from Apple which shocked the heck out of me. I'm not sure what he's going to do in the future but I hope the rumored 5.4 size for 2020 will meet his needs otherwise he's gonna have to face the music. For me my 40+ year old eyes need the biggest phone they offer LOL!!
    I think it’s awesome that he got what he wanted even though it wasn’t the newest most trendy model. Good for him for being so practical!
    ksassy and nikkisharif like this.
    07-28-2019 04:50 PM
    I think it’s awesome that he got what he wanted even though it wasn’t the newest most trendy model. Good for him for being so practical!
    Ultimately the color jet black overruled everything plus he was partially responsible for funding a portion of his own money towards the cost. He wants to save his coins for a bigger future upgrade. I’m glad he was invested in the decision and chose wisely with his money. Trying to raise him right and to work for what he wants
    nikkisharif and Annie_8plus like this.
    07-28-2019 05:18 PM
    This seems great for me in theory, but my thumb nails would be an issue when typing. I’d, definitely, take a full display option of the 8 though.
    Nails, no problem for me but seeing as pocket size hasn't changed much ( other than a very appreciated benefit of my standard 'Caribbean Dress Uniform' ie every day 'going out duds' being cargo shorts & shirt-jac ( called a guyabera in some places) as visual acuity decrease with age, a big factor in choosing a screen- size, and it's definitely 'bigger is better'. Too soon old......
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-29-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-29-2019 11:48 AM