Which operating system is better - iOS or Android?

slimsupplement

Jun 30, 2019
Visit site
I have always been an iPhone guy, but I want to hear from someone who knows a lot about the android and the iPhone to truly see which operating system is better.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is the iphone better than the android?

I have always been an iPhone guy, but I want to hear from someone who knows a lot about the android and the iPhone to truly see which operating system is better.

There is no better. There is only “better for your use case, for your needs”.

These kind of threads have been created many times and it usually ends up with perceptions rather than a scientific answer.

If you have the means to use both devices, you’ll find a suitable answer for yourself.

As for me, I have never had the need to even try out android, so I can’t answer your question.

Good luck.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Is the iphone better than the android?

This question had been asked several times already. That horse is dead, let's bury it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

****I edited the thread topic to be in line with the focal point of your post***

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what you consider most important. Android allows for much more user customization of the interface. IOS is usually more stable and often easier to use. At least 95% of the capabilities are present in both operating systems.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
For me it’s iOS. I used Android when it first launched until the iPhone 4S launched and I never switched back. iOS has never disappointed me and just work.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I still like the simplicity of IOS, I know Android has more features and is customizable, but there is something to be said about simplicity and reliability.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My choice is iOS, it is the system I learnt, it always works.Some acquaintances of mine who were trumpeting the superior qualities of Android phones a few years ago are now using Apple phones.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
For me it’s

iOS: stability, more streamlined complex apps with more features, smoothness

Android: more apps, freedom in customisation

I have an iOS phone and a tab s4 android tablet. I needed one of each but I notice I spend more time on my iPhone

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Of course this is subjective. There is no real answer.

I agree. Although I feel that people most ‘qualified’ or who’s answers I most trust are those who use both platforms and spend a roughly equal amount of time on both (it also helps if their devices are up-to-date and have similar release dates)

G Y

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Both are great OS systems. They really are. Google has come a long way and I appreciate what they bring to the table. I actually moved to a Note 10 Plus and used it for about a week before returning it and ordering my 11 Pro Max. I have been with Apple iOS since the first iPhone. I have 4 Apple 4K TV’s, 2 iPad Pros, and a 2018 MacBook Pro. I am very well immersed in the ecosystem. And that one change was too much of a pain in the ***. It wasn’t because android was bad, it does a lot of things better than iOS (yes, better) but then iOS does a lot of things better than Android. One thing that really stood out is the apps, apps just work better, look better and are much more polished than android. Once I removed the iPhone out of the picture, my phone usage became frustrating. I got used to laying in bed and using my iPad to message my friends and have messaging forwarded while I got some night time reading in, not having to reach for my iPhone. I went to a company event and almost everyone there was using iOS and sharing photos taken that evening via airdrop. I was left out. I missed being able to be AirPlay via video and to my HomePod...the list goes on. And I frankly had no desire to change everything else in my home to be able to do all that with android. iOS works for me. Android works for others, and unfortunately not for me. But boy does that phone do some cool stuff.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Palm OS FTW!!!!!!!

YES. WebOS was amazing.

I still have my Pre and a Pixi Plus that I fire up occasionally. Sadly my Touchpad (firesale even) long gave up the ghost, but I had that puppy dual booted with android and loved it to bits.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711