We are looking at used phones and hubs said in his findings phones after the 5 can be moved to any carrier. Is that accurate?
    05-28-2019 08:18 AM
    We are looking at used phones and hubs said in his findings phones after the 5 can be moved to any carrier. Is that accurate?
    If the phone is unlocked AND meets the carrier’s technology then yes. I’m not sure about now, but there was a time when you couldn’t use a CDMA device on a GSM network and vice versa, if I recall correctly.
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    05-28-2019 08:43 AM
    If the phone is unlocked AND meets the carrier’s technology then yes. I’m not sure about now, but there was a time when you couldn’t use a CDMA device on a GSM network and vice versa, if I recall correctly.
    Many moons ago, CDMA and GSM were different, until LTE. LTE is GSM only and that’s why Verizon and Sprint have SIM cards now. As for using the device on another carrier, I do believe Apple started putting all the radios in all the phones. So the phone would need to be unlocked to use on another network. If you’re not sure, you can always check the model number of the phone to see which bands it has access to.
    05-28-2019 08:48 AM
    Many moons ago, CDMA and GSM were different, until LTE. LTE is GSM only and that’s why Verizon and Sprint have SIM cards now. As for using the device on another carrier, I do believe Apple started putting all the radios in all the phones. So the phone would need to be unlocked to use on another network. If you’re not sure, you can always check the model number of the phone to see which bands it has access to.
    Thanks for the verification, sir.
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    05-28-2019 08:59 AM
    Not disputing the LTE being GSM but Sprint doesn’t have SIM cards at least not in the removable sense
    05-28-2019 09:11 AM