8 Plus or an X?

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’ve always bought from the carrier except a 6 from a older member of my church for my teen and it was like new. You have a point.

Me too. I bought my wife an 8plus from a church member who was gonna turn the phone in. They only wanted $149 for it.

If I’m buying and can’t find someone I know selling I go with swappa or 

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Right! Because I wanted the X until I heard the price! So is the X one of the larger phones? I was thinking of going with a plus. I decided against it originally and went with a 6 but Ive been considering going bigger.

The iPhone X, in regard to its size, is between the iPhone 6, 6S, 7, 7S and 8 and their Plus counterparts. It’s big but not too big, in my opinion.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone X, in regard to its size, is between the iPhone 6, 6S, 7, 7S and 8 and their Plus counterparts. It’s big but not too big, in my opinion.
Yup. It's almost better not to think of the X as a bigger phone that the 6, 7, etch and instead think of it as a similar size phone which simply uses more of the available space on the front for a screen

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon! Take it or leave it ????????????*♀️ but you’ve been good!

Did you get an official memo from Verizon or get hearsay from a retail employee? There's a difference. We have enterprise accounts with two carriers including Verizon. We have reps who visit us to insure their networks and devices are working well enough. I can't recall any bulletin or warning for recent phones except for stuff fixed in software updates.

We have a delivery business and managers traveling all with 7, 8, X, XS and XR phones. Some of our phones have been on both carrier networks. All that stands out is Verizon's network is superior.

All the phones currently sold are good. I think it goes this way. I'm a power user, news junkie, and a photographer so I value in the flagship model phones. One of our executives only does phone calls, a little bit of text messaging, and on occasion checks email. He forgets to charge his phone. He just got satisfaction with a new 7 Plus after dropping his 6 in a toilet. Both are fine decisions.

:)

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you get an official memo from Verizon or get hearsay from a retail employee? There's a difference. We have enterprise accounts with two carriers including Verizon. We have reps who visit us to insure their networks and devices are working well enough. I can't recall any bulletin or warning for recent phones except for stuff fixed in software updates.

We have a delivery business and managers traveling all with 7, 8, X, XS and XR phones. Some of our phones have been on both carrier networks. All that stands out is Verizon's network is superior.

All the phones currently sold are good. I think it goes this way. I'm a power user, news junkie, and a photographer so I value in the flagship model phones. One of our executives only does phone calls, a little bit of text messaging, and on occasion checks email. He forgets to charge his phone. He just got satisfaction with a new 7 Plus after dropping his 6 in a toilet. Both are fine decisions.

:)

Nope that’s what she said and it spooked me that folks who have an expensive phone with no recourse. I think I’m looking for a phone beyond the 7 anyway. Well I’m just looking for a newer phone that won’t be end of live in a couple years and not pay too much for It! I’m a homeschooling Mama and it’s my sole device. My iPad 3 is pretty in a drawer these days unless I’m watching something.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Y’all have been so helpful! So the XR is only a single camera? Is that different from the other models? Im looking at one and wondering if that would be an issue.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Nope that’s what she said and it spooked me that folks who have an expensive phone with no recourse. I think I’m looking for a phone beyond the 7 anyway. Well I’m just looking for a newer phone that won’t be end of live in a couple years and not pay too much for It! I’m a homeschooling Mama and it’s my sole device. My iPad 3 is pretty in a drawer these days unless I’m watching something.

That sounds like nonsense to me. We get visits from our wireless carrier reps where each wants all the business and both want our operations to work well. All the first tier phones are fine. A current model with "Gigabit LTE" would likely get you the most performance.

Y’all have been so helpful! So the XR is only a single camera? Is that different from the other models? Im looking at one and wondering if that would be an issue.

I suggest looking at Apple's own content here. XR has one good camera. XS models have two. A single camera can't replicate the telephoto, soon or depth effect stuff as well as the two camera models. The two camera are very important for some people and their choice. One of our directors chose XR because he could not know or think two cameras would be important, didn't value the benefits of OLED screen, but liked the XR size and batter life specs.

There are no rights or wrongs here. No one in our enterprise who got the late model phones has any dissatisfaction I know of. The only person I know who switched did it because he wanted an Android phone he could root.

This needs to be your decision. The top tier late model and flagship phones are all great. Apple gives you the top performance and specs in two physical sizes with a really good alternative if two cameras and best display technology are not vital.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

My friends who have the Xr don’t miss the telephoto camera at all. For the price you can’t beat the XR. Hands down one of the best overall iPhones around.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My friends who have the Xr don’t miss the telephoto camera at all. For the price you can’t beat the XR. Hands down one of the best overall iPhones around.

You are spot-on, sir. A good friend of mine asked me a few days ago which iPhone should she replace her broken iPhone 8 with and I immediately told her to get an iPhone XR. She took my recommendation and purchased one and raves about how much she loves it.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You are spot-on, sir. A good friend of mine asked me a few days ago which iPhone should she replace her broken iPhone 8 with and I immediately told her to get an iPhone XR. She took my recommendation and purchased one and raves about how much she loves it.

If I was gonna buy a new iPhone this year I would’ve gotten an XR. The ONLY thing I didn’t care for was the thickness but it’s not a deal breaker at all. 95% of the higher end phones at 75% (and cheaper if you shop around) of the price.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to tell y’all that I got the.....X-R! I was to get an XS and the person went silent and well I need a phone! Then this am here they go! 🤦🏽*♀️ I’m enjoying it though especially now that I got a pop socket for stability trying to reach across! Do they have the one hand like the plus models? Trying to find it. Wondering if coming from the 6 the XS might have been better but no looking back! Got an Otterbox Pop since there glass on the back too and a Bodyguardz as usual on the front! And this is it for me! I’m kinda over grabbing the latest and greatest. Maybe that will change but at least for now....unless it cleans and cooks....thanks again!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to tell y’all that I got the.....X-R! I was to get an XS and the person went silent and well I need a phone! Then this am here they go! * I’m enjoying it though especially now that I got a pop socket for stability trying to reach across! Do they have the one hand like the plus models? Trying to find it. Wondering if coming from the 6 the XS might have been better but no looking back! Got an Otterbox Pop since there glass on the back too and a Bodyguardz as usual on the front! And this is it for me! I’m kinda over grabbing the latest and greatest. Maybe that will change but at least for now....unless it cleans and cooks....thanks again!

To enable “Reachability”, go to Settings → General → Accessibility and then enable the toggle next to “Reachability”.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to tell y’all that I got the.....X-R! I was to get an XS and the person went silent and well I need a phone! Then this am here they go! * I’m enjoying it though especially now that I got a pop socket for stability trying to reach across! Do they have the one hand like the plus models? Trying to find it. Wondering if coming from the 6 the XS might have been better but no looking back! Got an Otterbox Pop since there glass on the back too and a Bodyguardz as usual on the front! And this is it for me! I’m kinda over grabbing the latest and greatest. Maybe that will change but at least for now....unless it cleans and cooks....thanks again!

You won’t be disappointed. The Xr is the best deal on an  smartphone at the moment. What color did you go for?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You won’t be disappointed. The Xr is the best deal on an  smartphone at the moment. What color did you go for?

The guy was selling white and black so I decided to try white since my 6 was gold. I put it in a Mauvelous Otterbox Pop case though since there’s glass on the back now. Bodyguardz glass as usual on the front.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

CongratsThe XR is a great device!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73