8 Plus or an X?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6 that was just declared dead and I’m looking around. I originally wanted an 8 but now for a bit more some folks are selling their X. I heard about an antenna issue with some of the newer phones and am worried about going for an X.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have an 8 Plus and am biased... not that there's nothing wrong with the X either. One thing to consider is that the 8 Plus still has touch ID, while the X uses Face ID. They are both very good phones. In regards to your comment about antenna issues, I'm not aware of those type of issues with either the 8 Plus or the X. I'm still using the 8 Plus and love it. And I know that many are still using the X and are happy.

If I were in the market to buy a new phone, I would seriously look at the Xs Max or the XR.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes! Face ID! I forgot bc I got sticker shock and I wouldn’t even consider the X when it was released! They do have the Memoji but I need to resist spending twice as much for that feature. 🤦🏽*♀️ I’m totally going used. I think like with cars I won’t buy another new phone! I better look back at the 8 +.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8 Plus and am biased... not that there's nothing wrong with the X either. One thing to consider is that the 8 Plus still has touch ID, while the X uses Face ID. They are both very good phones. In regards to your comment about antenna issues, I'm not aware of those type of issues with either the 8 Plus or the X. I'm still using the 8 Plus and love it. And I know that many are still using the X and are happy.

If I were in the market to buy a new phone, I would seriously look at the Xs Max or the XR.

I am also pleased with my 8 Plus, my son has a XR and I helped him set it up , Very,Very Nice device .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6 that was just declared dead and I’m looking around. I originally wanted an 8 but now for a bit more some folks are selling their X. I heard about an antenna issue with some of the newer phones and am worried about going for an X.

I purchased both an iPhone 8 and an iPhone X when they were released. I did not, however, get an iPhone 8 Plus because I had already used every plus sized iPhone before it and decided it was time for me to go smaller. I’m glad I did.

I said on numerous occasions that I was content with my iPhone 8, but I was curious about the iPhone X. Well, the iPhone 8 became my backup device. FaceID works flawlessly for me and the size of the iPhone X is great. If you prefer the larger size and TouchID then go with the iPhone 8 Plus, but if you prefer the FaceID, a medium sized device and bezel-less display then go with the iPhone X. Either will be fine, in my opinion.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
We have hundreds of employees so by the numbers I've seen and see all the Apple phones have been good for quite a while.

-Many really value the all-screen of an X, XS or XR.
-Many really value the battery life of the large phones.
-It seems like anyone going from a 6 to 7+ or newer notices the battery life and camera improvements.
-Some who've gone from X to XS or Max feel facial recognition is much better while others debate that. It seems better to me.
-Some of my users really appreciate the latest phones having that "Gigabit LTE" in addition to latest cameras.

I can't help you with what form factor but advise one of two choices where you get the latest (neither of those) or a bargain.

Good luck.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I purchased both an iPhone 8 and an iPhone X when they were released. I did not, however, get an iPhone 8 Plus because I had already used every plus sized iPhone before it and decided it was time for me to go smaller. I’m glad I did.

I said on numerous occasions that I was content with my iPhone 8, but I was curious about the iPhone X. Well, the iPhone 8 became my backup device. FaceID works flawlessly for me and the size of the iPhone X is great. If you prefer the larger size and TouchID then go with the iPhone 8 Plus, but if you prefer the FaceID, a medium sized device and bezel-less display then go with the iPhone X. Either will be fine, in my opinion.

So the X is the smaller one? I had sticker shock so I couldn’t hear the presentation after the price. I was thinking of trying a plus but some the X are being sold for about as much as an 8 + so it’s almost a no brainer to get a newer phone.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
We have hundreds of employees so by the numbers I've seen and see all the Apple phones have been good for quite a while.

-Many really value the all-screen of an X, XS or XR.
-Many really value the battery life of the large phones.
-It seems like anyone going from a 6 to 7+ or newer notices the battery life and camera improvements.
-Some who've gone from X to XS or Max feel facial recognition is much better while others debate that. It seems better to me.
-Some of my users really appreciate the latest phones having that "Gigabit LTE" in addition to latest cameras.

I can't help you with what form factor but advise one of two choices where you get the latest (neither of those) or a bargain.

Good luck.

Is the XS supposed to be the plus version or the larger version of the X line? I’m a bit confused on those models.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Is the XS supposed to be the plus version or the larger version of the X line? I’m a bit confused on those models.

I suggest visiting the Apple site (or a store). XS is the current flagship line and Max is the large version. Unlike 7 or 8 family they have same cameras. XR is a very nice way to get the all screen type and large battery advantage but it is a single camera phone. For some the two cameras is very important and not so much for others.

I don't know who or what declared your 6 dead but that could be another reason for an Apple Store visit. They take the old phones in any condition and give credible advice.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I heard about an antenna issue with some of the newer phones and am worried about going for an X.

Where did you "hear" this? I'm sure if, IF there were an "issue" then the news would be plastered all over the interwebs.

At any rate, I'm still rocking the 7+. If the camera on the new phones later this year are as good as I'm reading, then I may upgrade........and I really don't care WHAT the camera hump looks like.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X were released by Apple in the Fall of 2017. The iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR were released a year later in the Fall of 2018.

Right! Because I wanted the X until I heard the price! So is the X one of the larger phones? I was thinking of going with a plus. I decided against it originally and went with a 6 but Ive been considering going bigger.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Where did you "hear" this? I'm sure if, IF there were an "issue" then the news would be plastered all over the interwebs.

At any rate, I'm still rocking the 7+. If the camera on the new phones later this year are as good as I'm reading, then I may upgrade........and I really don't care WHAT the camera hump looks like.

Verizon! Take it or leave it 🤷🏽*♀️ but you’ve been good!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I suggest visiting the Apple site (or a store). XS is the current flagship line and Max is the large version. Unlike 7 or 8 family they have same cameras. XR is a very nice way to get the all screen type and large battery advantage but it is a single camera phone. For some the two cameras is very important and not so much for others.

I don't know who or what declared your 6 dead but that could be another reason for an Apple Store visit. They take the old phones in any condition and give credible advice.

I was there and they declared it dead. I didn’t look at any phones because I headed downstairs to VZW to see what my options are and that is insurance replacement with another 6 for $200 which makes no sense at this point. After sticker shock with the X I stopped paying attention so I’m a bit unsure on what’s what. I was considering an 8+ but looking at the used market I might just get an X but I wasn’t sure if that was a larger screen or was that the XS.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I was there and they declared it dead. I didn’t look at any phones because I headed downstairs to VZW to see what my options are and that is insurance replacement with another 6 for $200 which makes no sense at this point. After sticker shock with the X I stopped paying attention so I’m a bit unsure on what’s what. I was considering an 8+ but looking at the used market I might just get an X but I wasn’t sure if that was a larger screen or was that the XS.

There are websites like swappa.com that’ll be good places to look at used phones but also  sells refurbished ones. Check there too:

https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/iphone#mn_p

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I hadn’t heard of that one! I’ve been checking Marketplace and hubs is on Craig’s List.

Swappa makes sure the phone has a clean esn and isn’t locked or on an account with outstanding balance.

you will pay more at apple but it comes with a year warranty and is straight from the source so no worries. You pay more for peace of mind.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2