Notification LED!!!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I know there probably has been a few post about this in the past, but I have always like the notification LED from my early days of Blackberry and even when I was using my Nexus series devices in the Android world.

I have always thought it would be a nice touch to have the LED on the iPhone, some folks have blasted me in the past for even bringing up the idea, but the idea has always been in the back of my mind.

Forget using the camera light, not the same as a multi color LED that can be programmed different notification functions. Just though I would see what folks think?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I know there probably has been a few post about this in the past, but I have always like the notification LED from my early days of Blackberry and even when I was using my Nexus series devices in the Android world.

I have always thought it would be a nice touch to have the LED on the iPhone, some folks have blasted me in the past for even bringing up the idea, but the idea has always been in the back of my mind.

Forget using the camera light, not the same as a multi color LED that can be programmed different notification functions. Just though I would see what folks think?

Oh heck no. It’s the most annoying thing there is. It’s distracting and totally unnecessary for my use case.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If it was done the way Blackberry had it, I’d use it. I don’t think any of the current options are as good. It was nice being able to see the color of the LED on my Blackberry and know if it was important or not. Also, with an Apple Watch, it’s kind of moot since all notifications go to my wrist right away anyway.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If I didn't have an Apple Watch, I'd probably like to have it. I did like having multi colored notifications depending on if it was a text message, email or something else.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

So did i initially coming from BB, but it's been that long you are flogging a dead horse, ain't going to happen. With tap to wake and a apple watch its not needed. Would be more of a nuisance having a different colour light flashing or whatever all the time. My XR is on silent 24/7.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I missed from my BlackBerry was that flashing LED notifications light ,I would welcome it on my iPhone .

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
For me, it is what I miss most in the iPhone world.
Tap to wake doesn't cut it for me, as it turns the screen on way more often than wanted (why not eg double tap to wake like on the current Blackberry Key-devices).
Even if tap to wake would work better for me, this constant turning the screen on to check if something has arrived annoys me.
An Apple Watch is no option for me, as I own a very nice and expensive mechanical watch, which I will wear for the rest of my life.
I have to say, after getting better used to glide typing, and even dictating, which both works ok-ish, the notification LED is what I miss even more than the physical keyboard.
But hey - Apple decided that I don't need a LED, so I'll have to live without it.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I didn’t miss a notification light or LED with my first iPhone. My phone on vibrate was enough, since my phone was in my pocket when not in use. Now, since having an Apple Watch for a few years, my watch does all the heavy lifting, in that it is way better than having a blinky LED. My Tissot is sitting in its’ box.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No ! every device I have is set up for manual searches, I don’t want my phone pestering me. The decision to look at something is mine alone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I had to do an image search to figure out exactly what @bakron1 was talking about!!! :laughing:

I can see the merits of having a feature like this, especially for those who might have accessibility needs. Personally, I probably wouldn't use it, but if we're keeping score here, it seems that the responses are pretty much evenly divided at this point.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As I stated in my original post, I was just seeing what folks thought? That’s why we have these forums to begin with, a great source for information related to our beloved iPhones and Apple products.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well this topic is as old as the iPhone itself...LOL. Yes, I would like a notification light. I honestly like "bells and whistles"..the more the better.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
The first thing I missed coming from BlackBerry was the multicolored LED but getting an Apple Watch shortly after resolved that for me. I'd still welcome it on my iPhone if it were offered. Heck even a matching multicolored dot notification on my Apple Watch would be nice too.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nah. I haven’t even thought about the LED in years.
I used to love BeBuzz but to me it was more of a fun thing. I couldn’t load apps on my work BB so I only used it on my personal BB to identify family and friends.
But nah....I’ve gone way past that time. I prefer getting taps on my wrist from my Apple Watch.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nah. I haven’t even thought about the LED in years.
I used to love BeBuzz but to me it was more of a fun thing. I couldn’t load apps on my work BB so I only used it on my personal BB to identify family and friends.
But nah....I’ve gone way past that time. I prefer getting taps on my wrist from my Apple Watch.

OH MY, are my eyes deceiving me? Well hello STRANGER.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2