Is an Android phone better than an Iphone?

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been an Android user for a long time and also used them side by side. Now I only use my XS Max, don't even have an Android anymore. With that said, I still think they both are good phones. Different but good in different ways. Android has its benefits with it's widgets and possibility to customize and IOS is stable and just works, IOS is perfectly customized with apps and battery life. The real question is witch you like

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
What’s funny is that people can’t see the OP, who only has one post, set them up.
Anyone who answers the question with one or the other is clearly speaking about their personal preference which can only lead to arguments.
There is no best, only choice. That’s a good thing.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I like and use both, but if we're talking build quality I think iPhone always had the edge.
I never liked Samsung, but I think the S10 is a real well built phone.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
What’s funny is that people can’t see the OP, who only has one post, set them up.

No at all. A question was asked and I answered. The reverse was asked once at AC and I answered with the same one word answer.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Is one better than the other? Not at all.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who answers the question with one or the other is clearly speaking about their personal preference which can only lead to arguments.
There is no best, only choice. That’s a good thing.

Set up? Probably. But other people will come along and may get use of the answers.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess it depends on the metric you’re using to rate a phone. For me personally I prefer iOS because of the ecosystem, ease of use, reliability and high quality devices.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I guess it depends on the metric you’re using to rate a phone. For me personally I prefer iOS because of the ecosystem, ease of use, reliability and high quality devices.
I agree. I am using Android right now because of similar reasons but the big one is they are much more affordable.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I have the iPhone 7 and the Samsung Galaxy S8. While the S8 is superior specs wise and especially the camera, and Android is far more customizable, it's still Google whom I equate with Big Brother along with Facebook.

Apple takes security far more seriously. Android is fragmented while a point made in an earlier post....As Apple controls its ecosystem all compatible devices receive the iOS upgrades concurrently. There are features that I miss from the S8. The Edge panel, double pressing the power key to activate the camera. Overall I like the iPhone and how it Keychains with my iMac.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I have the iPhone 7 and the Samsung Galaxy S8. While the S8 is superior specs wise and especially the camera, and Android is far more customizable, it's still Google whom I equate with Big Brother along with Facebook.

Apple takes security far more seriously. Android is fragmented while a point made in an earlier post....As Apple controls its ecosystem all compatible devices receive the iOS upgrades concurrently. There are features that I miss from the S8. The Edge panel, double pressing the power key to activate the camera. Overall I like the iPhone and how it Keychains with my iMac.
That's the dilemma.
Apple equals control yet excellent collaboration between devices.
Android equals freedom but some fragmentation between devices.
I don't believe Apple is more serious about security. The user is the final determinant.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I’m gonna keep my answer short:
Any iPhone is better than any Android phone. Period.
Where's the dislike button!

To the OP, there are advantages to both. But like many have stated, it comes down to personal preference. If there's a way to try both I'd recommend doing that and getting what fits you and your life the best. That admittedly has been a hard thing for me to do in the past being surrounded but users of a certain platform in my personal life. It's MUCH easier now though.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I’m gonna keep my answer short:
Any iPhone is better than any Android phone. Period.

As far as build quality goes, I would agree with that in the past, but now in the present In my opinion the quality of the higher end Android phones are Equal to iPhone.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
To add, even Apple realised the need to make a more cost effective model of the iPhone. After all, from an Android side of things, there are a plethora of very cost effective Android devices, even running the latest Android, Pie...

Agreed, and let’s all remember that competition and choice is a good thing. It drives innovation.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
From a survey dated December 2018 from Quota:

631c6996f2b57fdb08a54ef2d99f236e.jpg

Android is definitely the most popular.

Is it better? Again, depends on what you want to use it for.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

On top of that, I simply prefer an iPhone. Period....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2