Is an Android phone better than an Iphone?

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I've been thinking of getting a new phone. It seems that some people prefer Android phones than Iphones. I'm not sure what the differences are. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Kiddie Academy of Stafford

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Again the discussion of which device and/or OS is better. I am 63 and have been around the industry since the early days and have used Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Palm OS and IOS and they all had their unique features.

Again it’s a personal choice decision. Android is popular because it’s more customizable and their are folks out there who root their devices and like flashing custom ROM’s.

IOS also has its unique features and two very important ones for myself being I use Apple desktops is the integration between the iPhone and my desktop which to myself is second to none.

Also, let’s not forget what got IOS to where they are today is the simplicity of the OS, a lot of folks just want something that works. In the end it’s up to the end user, you have to choose what works best for you.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I own one of each. I have the iPhone Max and the LG 7 ThinQ. I like both but it's easier to do what I want and need to do on the iPhone. When the OS software is updated on the iPhone, most all iPhone models from the 5 up gets the same OS Update. You can't say that about most android phones.

I switched back and forth for the past month and settled on the iPhone; Android phone up for sale.

As Same Malone from the TV show Cheers once said: "And that's one man's opinion."

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I own one of each. I have the iPhone Max and the LG 7 ThinQ. I like both but it's easier to do what I want and need to do on the iPhone. When the OS software is updated on the iPhone, most all iPhone models from the 5 up gets the same OS Update. You can't say that about most android phones.

I switched back and forth for the past month and settled on the iPhone; Android phone up for sale.

As Same Malone from the TV show Cheers once said: "And that's one man's opinion."

I feel that you get what you pay for in an iPhone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
First of all, let me welcome you to iMore. It's great that you are here, and I am confident that you will be able to get the answers to your questions. In regards to your first question, I chose the iPhone for the ecosystem Apple has established. I think that it's safer and more secure. I like that there are frequent updates. I think that it's easy to use, and that's not a bad thing. I also have an iPad and an Apple Watch. They all work together and I can't imagine doing without any of them.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Is an Android phone better than an Iphone?

Is Ford better than Chevy? Is Honda better than Toyota? Is renting better than buying?

They all have their strengths and weaknesses. Bottom line is, if you want a device that just works, then get an iPhone. However, if you want total customization, go with Android.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
It's 2 good systems but the are good in different ways. Android is more flexibel with its widgets and choices in layout. You can really make it your own. IOS is a great device that just works, it's stable and lagg free and everything is optimized. I have had one Android and one IOS device for a long time and switched between them but now I have landed with XS Max just beqause I think it's a great device

BUT, this is my impressions. It's impossible to tell you what you will like.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking of getting a new phone. It seems that some people prefer Android phones than Iphones. I'm not sure what the differences are. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Kiddie Academy of Stafford

To answer the thread question, some people, the answer is yes and to others, the answer is no.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
They tell us that Android phones are more flexible, and you can customise them. I like my phone to work every time without fiddling about,and am pleased that Apple updates often.iPhone for me.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I’ve gone back and forth for years, starting with the original iPhone. Currently using a Nokia 7.1.
Most people have given good, general statements; iPhones are simple to use and Android is customizable. Both have all the apps.
I feel it’s a matter of style, kind of like the style of automobile you drive. It might be for function (you need a truck to carry tools for work) or more preference (a convertible because you live in a warm climate). Neither is better, one just fits your lifestyle better right now.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Is Android better than iPhone? Is iPhone better than Android? No. There is only what works best for you and suits your needs. Which platform is better is a very subjective and personal question. You just have to try them out and decide which is best for you.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That depends on the user.
Do you value privacy and polish, or home screen customization and compromise.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
This isn't the best place to make this question, hands down. Ask here, and almost everybody will tell you iPhone is better. Ask in Android Central and almost everybody will swear Android rules. In my opinion this question have no meaning nowadays. Both have strengths and both have failures. Go to a store, try both and make your own decision, to making questions unfortunately won't help you

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
This isn't the best place to make this question, hands down. Ask here, and almost everybody will tell you iPhone is better. Ask in Android Central and almost everybody will swear Android rules. In my opinion this question have no meaning nowadays. Both have strengths and both have failures. Go to a store, try both and make your own decision, to making questions unfortunately won't help you

Well said.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods