Verizon has the deals📱:Get an iPhone 7 Plus for $5 a month
    What’s funny is that people can’t see the OP, who only has one post, set them up.
    No at all. A question was asked and I answered. The reverse was asked once at AC and I answered with the same one word answer.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Is one better than the other? Not at all.
    04-06-2019 05:28 PM
    What’s funny is that people can’t see the OP, who only has one post, set them up.
    Anyone who answers the question with one or the other is clearly speaking about their personal preference which can only lead to arguments.
    There is no best, only choice. That’s a good thing.
    Set up? Probably. But other people will come along and may get use of the answers.
    04-06-2019 05:59 PM
    I guess it depends on the metric you’re using to rate a phone. For me personally I prefer iOS because of the ecosystem, ease of use, reliability and high quality devices.
    06-15-2019 12:22 PM
    I guess it depends on the metric you’re using to rate a phone. For me personally I prefer iOS because of the ecosystem, ease of use, reliability and high quality devices.
    And THIS is why I still own iOS devices. Albeit, yes, I use Android from time to time. As we speak I have an S9+ sitting in a drawer...
    Just_Me_D and dmoskaluk like this.
    06-15-2019 02:28 PM
    I agree. I am using Android right now because of similar reasons but the big one is they are much more affordable.
    06-15-2019 02:47 PM
    I have the iPhone 7 and the Samsung Galaxy S8. While the S8 is superior specs wise and especially the camera, and Android is far more customizable, it's still Google whom I equate with Big Brother along with Facebook.

Apple takes security far more seriously. Android is fragmented while a point made in an earlier post....As Apple controls its ecosystem all compatible devices receive the iOS upgrades concurrently. There are features that I miss from the S8. The Edge panel, double pressing the power key to activate the camera. Overall I like the iPhone and how it Keychains with my iMac.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    06-15-2019 04:28 PM
    I have the iPhone 7 and the Samsung Galaxy S8. While the S8 is superior specs wise and especially the camera, and Android is far more customizable, it's still Google whom I equate with Big Brother along with Facebook.

Apple takes security far more seriously. Android is fragmented while a point made in an earlier post....As Apple controls its ecosystem all compatible devices receive the iOS upgrades concurrently. There are features that I miss from the S8. The Edge panel, double pressing the power key to activate the camera. Overall I like the iPhone and how it Keychains with my iMac.
    That's the dilemma.
    Apple equals control yet excellent collaboration between devices.
    Android equals freedom but some fragmentation between devices.
    I don't believe Apple is more serious about security. The user is the final determinant.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    06-15-2019 05:45 PM
    LMBO!!!...Kiddie Academy of Stafford...Seriously Guys/Gals. LOL
    taz323 likes this.
    06-15-2019 06:35 PM
    LMBO!!!...Kiddie Academy of Stafford...Seriously Guys/Gals. LOL
    Never been to Stafford.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 06-16-2019 at 07:56 AM.
    06-15-2019 08:29 PM
    I’m gonna keep my answer short:
    Any iPhone is better than any Android phone. Period.
    Where's the dislike button!

To the OP, there are advantages to both. But like many have stated, it comes down to personal preference. If there's a way to try both I'd recommend doing that and getting what fits you and your life the best. That admittedly has been a hard thing for me to do in the past being surrounded but users of a certain platform in my personal life. It's MUCH easier now though.
    fredriks, Tartarus, TgeekB and 3 others like this.
    06-16-2019 02:43 AM
    I’m gonna keep my answer short:
    Any iPhone is better than any Android phone. Period.
    As far as build quality goes, I would agree with that in the past, but now in the present In my opinion the quality of the higher end Android phones are Equal to iPhone.
    TgeekB and kcox52692 like this.
    06-16-2019 05:50 AM
    To add, even Apple realised the need to make a more cost effective model of the iPhone. After all, from an Android side of things, there are a plethora of very cost effective Android devices, even running the latest Android, Pie...
    calebt and kcox52692 like this.
    06-16-2019 08:12 AM
    To add, even Apple realised the need to make a more cost effective model of the iPhone. After all, from an Android side of things, there are a plethora of very cost effective Android devices, even running the latest Android, Pie...
    Agreed, and let’s all remember that competition and choice is a good thing. It drives innovation.
    calebt and kcox52692 like this.
    06-16-2019 09:46 AM
    From a survey dated December 2018 from Quota:

Android is definitely the most popular.

Is it better? Again, depends on what you want to use it for.
    06-17-2019 06:36 AM
    On top of that, I simply prefer an iPhone. Period....
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    06-17-2019 07:40 AM
    I like the iOS ecosystem better. It is consistent across devices and gets its’ updates directly from Apple.
    Lee_Bo and kcox52692 like this.
    06-17-2019 01:21 PM
    Are we still kicking this horse? :-)
    TgeekB and scruffypig like this.
    06-17-2019 02:58 PM
    Are we still kicking this horse? :-)
    Some people have to feel justified in their choice instead of accepting we all are different.
    scruffypig likes this.
    06-17-2019 03:18 PM
    To me this a question that simply cannot ever truly be answered as the real comparison is impossible to make. You want to truly find this out...

Give me and a iPhone XS Max Running iOS13 and iPhone XS Max running Android Pie.

Then, give me a Pixel or Galaxy running iOS13 and another Pixel or Galaxy running running Android Pie.

Now make your comparisons. I personally choose the iPhone every time because I choose iOS. But if I could get iOS with a different phone manufacturer I don’t know if I stick with Apple.

Maybe I’d like iOS better on a Oneplus with 12GB of RAM the fasting charging around.

I’m certainly not knocking Android at all. I just don’t think the question of iPhone versus Android phone is fair when iPhone has one single manufacturer and Android devices come from a ton of manufacturers.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    06-29-2019 08:03 PM
    This question has been asked several times. That horse is dead. Let's bury it.
    06-30-2019 07:43 AM
    This question has been asked several times. That horse is dead. Let's bury it.
    That question is practically unkillable lol

Google does have more of your data but honestly that translates to noticeably better personalised apps/services. Apple is on the other end where their control over their ecosystem is so tight that they can do the most annoying things like forcing you to pay extra for an Apple employee to replace your battery instead of someone else or slowing down old phones etc
    08-12-2019 04:58 AM
    I think one of Android's "weaknesses" is the number of devices in use.

I'm in several IT app forums and 95% of the complaints of "app X isn't doing this" threads are from Android users. It typically starts with an app update and now most of the Android users are affected. I believe the issue is the app manufacturers have to make sure their app works on 1000 different models all running similar (yet different) versions of Android.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    08-12-2019 07:05 AM
    I think one of Android's "weaknesses" is the number of devices in use.

I'm in several IT app forums and 95% of the complaints of "app X isn't doing this" threads are from Android users. It typically starts with an app update and now most of the Android users are affected. I believe the issue is the app manufacturers have to make sure their app works on 1000 different models all running similar (yet different) versions of Android.
    No doubt. You rarely hear the number of complaints about apps from Apple users as you do Android.
    08-12-2019 04:05 PM
    No doubt. You rarely hear the number of complaints about apps from Apple users as you do Android.
    If I were an app developer I would make sure it works on Huawei, Samsung, Google, Xiaomi, Sony, LG, Nokia, Oppo, Vivo, Realme and OnePlus phones before anything else. Sounds like a long list but they account for practically all Android phones.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    08-14-2019 05:55 AM
49 12