Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more! | Order: AirPods 2 | New iPhones
    I am due for an upgrade and trying to decide which phone to get. I have been a long time android user but I do have a little past experience with ios. Taking photos is a big problem thing for me so I would like the best camera between the two. I also spend a lot of time outdoors whether backpacking, kayaking, or cycling so I need the longest lasting battery and best selection of outdoors accessories. Also Im not sure if it varies between the two but I need the best cell reception in low reception areas. Any recommendations?
    02-18-2019 08:25 AM
    I am also a Blackberry and Android user and now mainly use my iPhone XS as my daily driver which I love.

But, as with any device, it’s all personal preference. As far as the camera. I have used images I have taken with my XS for documentation I have published which says a lot as far as the image quality.

I have tried the camera on the S9 and it also delivers quality images. But, I use iMacs in my business and the integration between my XS and my Mac desktop is second to none.

If you use Mac computers, I would look seriously at the XS. But if you feel more comfortable with Android, then you might consider the S9.

As far as the battery, the battery on my XS last me a full day doing my normal routine and social messaging.

Last but not least you have to look at the financial end which is a huge factor in today’s market where everything is value added.

In the end, I hope your happy with whatever device you decide to get. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by bakron1; 02-18-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    02-18-2019 07:35 PM
    Cost isn't to much of a factor for me and I don't own a computer. I generally do everything from my phone. I was dead set on the XS until I heard of some reception issues. I spend a lot of time in areas of the state with little to no cell reception so I need a phone that will have great reception.
    02-19-2019 11:32 AM
    Cost isn't to much of a factor for me and I don't own a computer. I generally do everything from my phone. I was dead set on the XS until I heard of some reception issues. I spend a lot of time in areas of the state with little to no cell reception so I need a phone that will have great reception.
    As far as reception goes, I haven’t had any reception issues with my XS, but that will depend on which carrier you have? Mine is T Mobile and the coverage in my area and most of the state is great. Good luck with whatever device you decide to get.
    02-19-2019 11:58 AM
    It’s honestly the luck of the draw. Each device will have its pros & cons. I carry a X & XS, both with Verizon, and the X has much better reception. I don’t use a case on the XS, so that’s not the issue.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-19-2019 05:59 PM