How long will Apple maintain its status?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since its debut, the iPhone has been the standard by which all other smartphones are judged. With that being said, how much longer do you think Apple can maintain that status?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: How long will Apple maintain it’s status?

It the technology world who knows, something could be released tomorrow and it’s all over for everybody else. They’ve had a good run though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How long will Apple maintain it’s status?

It the technology world who knows, something could be released tomorrow and it’s all over for everybody else. They’ve had a good run though.

You’re right about that...

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I think like any large corporation Apple will have their highs and lows however I feel they will maintain their number one status for years to come .

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think like any large corporation Apple will have their highs and lows however I feel they will maintain their number one status for years to come .

I think you’re right, but again, time will tell.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I really don't have any special feelings for any corporation. But I fear what new tech could bring in terms of surveillance and other privacy attacks. Because of this I really hope Apple can afford to be innovative again, since it's the only brand I still trust in this matter. Google, it's devices and, even, Android became much better than Apple counterparts some time ago, but I really can't pay what it charge for its new technologies. Hope Apple can catch up well and quickly.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Probably forever. Think about how often they lag behind the competition in some innovative areas yet they remain on top year over year for the most part. They're almost invincible. Lol

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
It's the ecosystem that many of us are locked into. When the benefit is outweighed by other considerations, then you might begin to see the store point down.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I really don't have any special feelings for any corporation. But I fear what new tech could bring in terms of surveillance and other privacy attacks. Because of this I really hope Apple can afford to be innovative again, since it's the only brand I still trust in this matter. Google, it's devices and, even, Android became much better than Apple counterparts some time ago, but I really can't pay what it charge for its new technologies. Hope Apple can catch up well and quickly.
I hear ya, and I, too fear an increased amount or surreptitious surveillance via our so-called smart devices especially in this day and age where people actually believe that they "have the right to know everything" about anyone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Probably forever. Think about how often they lag behind the competition in some innovative areas yet they remain on top year over year for the most part. They're almost invincible. Lol
Yeah, but EVERYTHING has an expiration....Remember RIM (Blackberry) and Palm, Inc.? They were king for a while, too....:cool:

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but EVERYTHING has an expiration....Remember RIM (Blackberry) and Palm, Inc.? They were king for a while, too....:cool:

You are correct and in RIM'S case the two guys at the top were mainly responsible however cannot see it happening at Apple but.......

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
If Apple continues to charge ridiculous prices for phones, its status will fall. It's pretty clear this year that consumers don't want to pay $1,100-$1,500 for a cell phone. Apple's stock has been tumbling (it has lost a quarter of a trillion of dollars in the last few months); Apple won't release sales figures for iPhone anymore because they know not as many people are buying the new phones; and carriers are actually giving away free and/or discounted iPhones to entice people to buy them.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If Apple continues to charge ridiculous prices for phones, its status will fall. It's pretty clear this year that consumers don't want to pay $1,100-$1,500 for a cell phone. Apple's stock has been tumbling (it has lost a quarter of a trillion of dollars in the last few months); Apple won't release sales figures for iPhone anymore because they know not as many people are buying the new phones; and carriers are actually giving away free and/or discounted iPhones to entice people to buy them.

If all of that indeed true then how Apple responds with the 2019 iPhone models may prove to be quite interesting.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site

Since I’ve been a longtime BlackBerry owner and I’ve recently got my first new iPhone for myself, Apple is doomed..... I’m a contra indicator.... Sell your Apple

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711