Class action suit alleges Apple lies to customers over size and resolution of iPhone X, XS and XS Max

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Class action suit alleges Apple lies to customers over size and resolution of iPhone X, XS and XS Max

I didnt know for sure if its okay to link off site here, so I copy and pasted the text.

"A class action lawsuit launched on Friday accuses Apple of making fraudulent marketing claims about both the size and pixel count of its OLED iPhone displays, claiming the company literally cuts corners.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/applei...er-size-resolution-of-iphone-x-xs-xs-max/amp/

What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Class action suit alleges Apple lies to customers over size & resolution of iPhone X, XS & XS Ma

The lawsuit is something Apple has to deal with. It doesn’t bother me at all. There will always be people who bring lawsuits against those with deep pockets. Class action lawsuits enrich the lawyers and not the customers.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Class action suit alleges Apple lies to customers over size & resolution of iPhone X, XS & XS Ma

It’s not going to go through and I’m laughing at this lol

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

The lawsuit is something Apple has to deal with. It doesn’t bother me at all. There will always be people who bring lawsuits against those with deep pockets. Class action lawsuits enrich the lawyers and not the customers.

I would take your edit as saying its okay to link off site. I wasnt sure if that was okay here. Some forums dont like it when people do that.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

People with nothing else better to do with their time.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I would take your edit as saying its okay to link off site. I wasnt sure if that was okay here. Some forums dont like it when people do that.

Hi Damien,

It’s okay to reference or link to a no MONA site on occasion.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

The plaintiffs aren't wrong. Apple has been hiding the notch in all its advertising. And its screen size is all BS considering the notch cuts into everything. And the iPhone X's display is a lot smaller than advertised. Rounded corners should never be ignored.

But if Apple gets sued, then Google, Samsung, and everyone else should be sued for false advertising.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The plaintiffs aren't wrong. Apple has been hiding the notch in all its advertising. And its screen size is all BS considering the notch cuts into everything. And the iPhone X's display is a lot smaller than advertised. Rounded corners should never be ignored.

But if Apple gets sued, then Google, Samsung, and everyone else should be sued for false advertising.

In my opinion, the lawsuit is petty. Despite the photographs depicting the sides of the new iPhones, full frontal photographs, news reports, blog articles and even snippets from Apple’s keynote showed the world what the devices actually looked like BEFORE they went on sale. In addition, we live in an age of knowledge at one’s fingertips so a simple Google search would’ve produced the same frontal images.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

In my opinion, the lawsuit is petty. Despite the photographs depicting the sides of the new iPhones, full frontal photographs, news reports, blog articles and even snippets from Apple’s keynote showed the world what the devices actually looked like BEFORE they went on sale. In addition, we live in an age of knowledge at one’s fingertips so a simple Google search would’ve produced the same frontal images.

Exactly.
Who on the planet doesn’t know they have a notch. Clearly just looking for free money. Current day America.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

There is also fine print online for the iPhones that says that resolution is taken from a full square, so....*

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Which same fine print also states ‘(actual viewable area is less).’ Not exactly hiding/denying this point. Just, not making it as pronounced as I’m sure that it will be any minute now, lol.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Which same fine print also states ‘(actual viewable area is less).’ Not exactly hiding/denying this point. Just, not making it as pronounced as I’m sure that it will be any minute now, lol.

But the fine print isn't included in advertising materials.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

But the fine print isn't included in advertising materials.

Which is why I think that if nothing else comes from this lawsuit, Apple (probably) will make that caveat more pronounced going forward with regards to that. Time will tell...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Which is why I think that if nothing else comes from this lawsuit, Apple (probably) will make that caveat more pronounced going forward with regards to that. Time will tell...

Yeah, that seems like the most likely outcome. It will probably affect all companies though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I go to a restaurant, I want my food to look as delicious as the advertised image on the menu, however, I am repeatedly disappointed. I learned that the ‘advertised image’ on the menu (a mere photograph) is not the same as the actual purchased item and what I actually purchased was in the description underneath the advertised image...

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When I go to a restaurant, I want my food to look as delicious as the advertised image on the menu, however, I am repeatedly disappointed. I learned that the ‘advertised image’ on the menu (a mere photograph) is not the same as the actual purchased item and what I actually purchased is what was described underneath the advertised image...

My plate never looks anything like what is depicted on photos. It still tastes yummy, though, so I don’t complain about it.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As others have stated, Apple keeps a team of lawyers available to deal with lawsuits which I am afraid to say in the tech sector are a regular occurrence.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

There is also fine print online for the iPhones that says that resolution is taken from a full square, so....*

That requires reading. As we all know, plenty of people aren't capable of it.