We’ve been bamboozled!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Holy cow where did you read that!? That was no where near what he said! The worst thing we can do is to read words and create additional meanings that aren't there. He said, "don't be blind to facts". From that you see, "XR purchasers are blind and their phone is crap"?????

It's how it came across to me. Strong insinuations.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Interesting.

31164e65acbffbde3c9a23c5502c5f71.jpg

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
38151eafecba9144d3b087a3b8af0ea5.jpg

People who aren't Apple can't tell the difference when buying , I have to really explain the subtle differences while they are looking at them , what usually catches the eye is bezel before what the screen is made of .

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181107/38151eafecba9144d3b087a3b8af0ea5.jpg

People who aren't Apple can't tell the difference when buying , I have to really explain the subtle differences while they are looking at them , what usually catches the eye is bezel before what the screen is made of .

Brian, I looked at the XR at the Apple Store yesterday, and the screen looked absolutely beautiful. I didn't get the chance to see the XS Max. But I assume it's a bit more beautiful. Can't go wrong with either.

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Brian, I looked at the XR at the Apple Store yesterday, and the screen looked absolutely beautiful. I didn't get the chance to see the XS Max. But I assume it's a bit more beautiful. Can't go wrong with either.

I'm selling more Xr's to people coming from 6 and 6s , people need to know processors same, camera other that dual lense is the same, portrait mode feature avail on both, plus the difference is cost and money saved could go to the Apple watch series 4 which can be put on 24 monthly installments as low as 20$ a month

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with the XR. If I had waited until it came out to upgrade, rather than doing it ASAP after the XS was launched, I may have went with it. Now that I have been spoiled with the dual-lens camera, the extra gig of RAM, I dont know if I would be okay with the XR. If it had the extra gig of RAM, and the ability to do portrait mode shots of objects as well as human faces right out of the box, that would make a huge difference for me. I could deal without having the OLED, stainless frame, and better back glass. I would have it in a case anyway. The not having 3D touch would get me as well, I use it a lot, mostly for the trackpad feature on the keyboard. I think I could possibly get over that though, since it still has the trackpad, but is implemented differently from what I understand.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with the XR. If I had waited until it came out to upgrade, rather than doing it ASAP after the XS was launched, I may have went with it. Now that I have been spoiled with the dual-lens camera, the extra gig of RAM, I dont know if I would be okay with the XR. If it had the extra gig of RAM, and the ability to do portrait mode shots of objects as well as human faces right out of the box, that would make a huge difference for me. I could deal without having the OLED, stainless frame, and better back glass. I would have it in a case anyway. The not having 3D touch would get me as well, I use it a lot, mostly for the trackpad feature on the keyboard. I think I could possibly get over that though, since it still has the trackpad, but is implemented differently from what I understand.

You just explained why the XS is better than the XR.

Oct 6, 2018
Visit site
I felt the same when I compared the XR to the Max side by side. Unless I really studied the screens, I couldn’t tell the difference. Not surprising though as the LCD on the XR is the best in the business.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how I was bamboozled. If the point was diminishing returns with the most expensive model I could agree.

There was no doubt my choosing the XS Max over the XR got me the latest version of two cameras I valued so much with my 7 Plus and their biggest screen so I got what I wanted and can't see how there was any deception.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I felt the same when I compared the XR to the Max side by side. Unless I really studied the screens, I couldn’t tell the difference. Not surprising though as the LCD on the XR is the best in the business.

Although I could tell the difference between the OLED and the LCD, it confirmed my suspicion that the LCD display was a knockout. The screen is a delight, in my opinion. I also think the iPhone XR is getting an unfair rap as being cheap when it’s not. Less expensive? Yes. Cheap? Heck no!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Although I could tell the difference between the OLED and the LCD, it confirmed my suspicion that the LCD display was a knockout. The screen is a delight, in my opinion. I also think the iPhone XR is getting an unfair rap as being cheap when it’s not. Less expensive? Yes. Cheap? Heck no!

Totally agree, have been using Xr for close to a month, and it hasn't let me down. The screen, quickness's and how smooth it runs, and the battery puts it over the top. My whole intent was to go in and walk out with the Xs max. But felt the size of the Xr fit me better. Cheap Phone, heck no. I say Bargain.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree, have been using Xr for close to a month, and it hasn't let me down. The screen, quickness's and how smooth it runs, and the battery puts it over the top. My whole intent was to go in and walk out with the Xs max. But felt the size of the Xr fit me better. Cheap Phone, heck no. I say Bargain.

No doubt about it, sir...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW