Ringtones from Itunes? I am LOST!

christinalevinee

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
Been a few years between iphones. My last ios device was the 6 before I jumped to Android and itunes has changed so damn much.

Ok, So I backed up my Itunes years ago and all the folders are there media – music, ringtones, books, podcasts etc.

When I load them into Itunes there used to be a drop down area where you could choose which ringtones (M4r or whatever) you want to upload to the phone but now I cannot see this function anywhere.

So, how do I upload ringtones to my new iphone 8+?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. I struggle with iTunes as well, so I'm not sure that I can help you, but there are very helpful people here who can, and I'm sure they'll respond soon. In the meantime, can you tell me if your ringtones are ones you purchased from iTunes, or are they ones you created yourself and uploaded onto iTunes?

gvasco

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
On the top bar below the controls where you can select to view “music” library or “movie library, when your iPhone is connected to your computer (or if wi-fi sync is enabled and both devices on the same network) you will see an icon with your device on it. When you click on it it will show you the settings for your device and you’ll be able to sync your ringtones by choosing the appropriate category on the side bar.

Edit: corrected “too” to “top”, added “bellow the controls”

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro