I’ve heard some people say they don’t see enough Apple criticism on iMore. So let’s jump into it then, I’d like to keep this an active thread if possible. I’ll post my own dislikes later, for now, what do you not like about the iPhone? Any of them.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-22-2018 12:39 PM
    I wish we could place icons wherever we’d like. That’s it.
    Just_Me_D and metllicamilitia like this.
    01-22-2018 12:58 PM
    That I have to be on WiFi to download software updates! I have unlimited data and it makes no sense not giving me an option!
    01-22-2018 01:11 PM
    Apps like terrarium tv and showbox are blocked
    01-22-2018 02:25 PM
    The cost.... and that's it.
    metllicamilitia and X0LARIUM like this.
    01-22-2018 02:36 PM
    The cost.... and that's it.
    I hear you there that's probably my only complaint also ,when they come out with updated new ones every year it can get expensive .
    01-22-2018 03:28 PM
    I don't like the fact that Apple doesn't trust me to manage my own files. I don't want access to anything other than my files. I want the ability to access the local storage on my phone and use it in anyway I see fit. Similar to Android. On Android, I can download music files from any source and play those files from any music player of my choosing. I don't even want another music player, if I could simply download music from any source and play it in the native music player I'd be happy. The ability to download mail attachments and store them on my device. The ability to move any music I have in my iCloud storage into my music player.

I still don't like not having a headphone jack but I've adjusted.

I don't like the fact that the Dialer isn't predictive. How we are in 2018 and I can't type the name from the dialer or get it to offer suggestions based on my contacts is insane!!

Why Apple has pushed Bluetooth tech (Apple Watch, AirPods) yet STILL doesn't offer trusted devices (the ability to have paired connections circumvent the lock screen) is also crazy. Again...2018. This ability is on the Macbook and it's awesome. It's also on Android.

Those are just a few things.
    01-22-2018 03:37 PM
    I don't like the fact that Apple doesn't trust me to manage my own files. I don't want access to anything other than my files. I want the ability to access the local storage on my phone and use it in anyway I see fit. Similar to Android. On Android, I can download music files from any source and play those files from any music player of my choosing. I don't even want another music player, if I could simply download music from any source and play it in the native music player I'd be happy. The ability to download mail attachments and store them on my device. The ability to move any music I have in my iCloud storage into my music player.

Well stated, sir, and I'm in full agreement with it....
    metllicamilitia likes this.
    01-22-2018 06:49 PM
    I still don’t like the fact I can’t change my default apps. I really don’t like Apple’s native apps for the most part. This point aligns with others about the ability to access files and media in all sources. Obviously the price is a big thing too, it’s getting really out of hand now. I would like some more customization options as well, a dark theme for my X would be great too. Unless I’m missing something, I also can’t add any shows on Apple Music to my library and I have to search for it every single time I want to listen to an episode.
    01-22-2018 10:57 PM
    Oh god, where do I begin?

*No customization. Apple lost many customers because people cannot easily put apps/folders wherever they want on the homescreen. Also, Apple needs to create an app drawer. I want to hide the apps, not see every one of them. Also, the widget game on iOS is severely lacking. I'd love to drag and drop widgets onto one of my homescreens. That'd make iOS so much better.

*I want to have the ability to access my files easily. I want to plug my iPhone X into my computer and drag and drop photos, videos, files, and music onto my iPhone WITHOUT having to use that ****** iTunes. Also, iTunes needs to die.

*The phones cost too damn much. The 256GB iPhone X should only be $949, not $1,149.

There's more, but I'm tired and that's all I can think of for now.
    01-22-2018 11:50 PM
    I hate notch on iPhone X
    RobertP1 likes this.
    01-23-2018 01:17 AM
    I don't like Apples dialpad, you can't search for contacts on it and you always have to go through contacts instead of just typing name with t9 function
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-23-2018 01:50 AM
    No customization, no true dark theme, and no outsourced music
    01-23-2018 11:33 PM
    The price.
    01-27-2018 12:12 PM
    The battery on my iPhone is pretty bad. I’ve always had pretty dismal results with my iPhones. Nothing near what  has ever suggested anyway.
    01-28-2018 07:27 AM
    The battery on my iPhone is pretty bad. I’ve always had pretty dismal results with my iPhones. Nothing near what  has ever suggested anyway.
    I have the same with my devices.

I have notifications for individual people on twitter, Instagram and Facebook enabled.
    I have analytics for Apple and developers and such enabled.
    I have auto brightness enabled for brightness.
    I have all location services set to ‘while in use’ except for Facebook, that one is always on ‘never’.
    I have Background App Refresh enabled for all the apps.

If I were to disable some of these, I’d squeeze maybe another 2 hours of battery life out of it. It’s not worth the hassle for me. I use my phone like I want. Crippling my device by disabling some stuff to get the best battery life is just twisted thinking in my opinion. A flip phone would have served me better in that case.

TLR Don’t worry about battery life, it’s personal and depends on how you use your device and what’s enabled and what is not on it.
    SprSynJn likes this.
    01-28-2018 07:44 AM
    I have the same with my devices.

I have notifications for individual people on twitter, Instagram and Facebook enabled.
    I have analytics for Apple and developers and such enabled.
    I have auto brightness enabled for brightness.
    I have all location services set to ‘while in use’ except for Facebook, that one is always on ‘never’.
    I have Background App Refresh enabled for all the apps.

If I were to disable some of these, I’d squeeze maybe another 2 hours of battery life out of it. It’s not worth the hassle for me. I use my phone like I want. Crippling my device by disabling some stuff to get the best battery life is just twisted thinking in my opinion. A flip phone would have served me better in that case.

TLR Don’t worry about battery life, it’s personal and depends on how you use your device and what’s enabled and what is not on it.
    True. I know it’s rather petty of me to constantly worry about it. I enjoy my iPhone, and that’s what matters.
    01-28-2018 08:13 AM
    True. I know it’s rather petty of me to constantly worry about it. I enjoy my iPhone, and that’s what matters.
    I used to be the same, until I got some power banks for cheap from the local convenience store.
    I have one always with me.
    Having an iPhone 7 Plus definitely made the need for the power banks unnecessary though. I hardly use them anymore.
    01-28-2018 08:25 AM
    Ios 11 is probably the worst software to date on an iphone. This thing is laggier than any android phone I've used in the past. The iphone 'just works" argument is long gone imo. Every iteration seems to be getting worse instead of being improved upon. Even the X is laggy. Apple is resting on it's laurels. I moved on to a pixel because of it. If you want just works and buttery smooth, try one. I've been with the iphone since the first one.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    02-13-2018 05:36 PM
    Ios 11 is probably the worst software to date on an iphone. This thing is laggier than any android phone I've used in the past. The iphone 'just works" argument is long gone imo. Every iteration seems to be getting worse instead of being improved upon. Even the X is laggy. Apple is resting on it's laurels. I moved on to a pixel because of it. If you want just works and buttery smooth, try one. I've been with the iphone since the first one.
    Haven’t noticed any lag issues on my iPhone 7.
    02-13-2018 06:10 PM
    Haven’t noticed any lag issues on my iPhone 7.
    My 7+ has been lag free with great battery life. I’m very happy I decided to try apple last year.
    TgeekB and RobertP1 like this.
    02-13-2018 06:26 PM
    I haven’t noticed any lag on my SE, 6s, 6s Plus, or two Xes. They all run iOS 11 great.
    02-16-2018 02:14 AM
    Customization and headphone jack first to come to mind
    02-16-2018 05:36 AM
    That I have to be on WiFi to download software updates! I have unlimited data and it makes no sense not giving me an option!
    I don't like the fact that Apple doesn't trust me to manage my own files. I don't want access to anything other than my files. I want the ability to access the local storage on my phone and use it in anyway I see fit. Similar to Android. On Android, I can download music files from any source and play those files from any music player of my choosing. I don't even want another music player, if I could simply download music from any source and play it in the native music player I'd be happy. The ability to move any music I have in my iCloud storage into my music player.

I don't like the fact that the Dialer isn't predictive. How we are in 2018 and I can't type the name from the dialer or get it to offer suggestions based on my contacts is insane!!
    I want to plug my iPhone X into my computer and drag and drop photos, videos, files, and music onto my iPhone WITHOUT having to use that ****** iTunes. Also, iTunes needs to die.
    I totally agree with all of the above!!! Apple definitely needs to give us a dark theme and option to get rid of/hide the dock (I hate apps on my 1st home screen).

I can’t recall having any battery issues. I’m not one to do all the battery saving stuff either and I usually get at least 15hrs use & 25hrs+ standby on my X, which is my main device. My 8 comes pretty close to that as well, but it’s being used in a different manner.
    Yesterday 10:48 PM