What do you NOT LIKE about iPhone?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve heard some people say they don’t see enough Apple criticism on iMore. So let’s jump into it then, I’d like to keep this an active thread if possible. I’ll post my own dislikes later, for now, what do you not like about the iPhone? Any of them.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the fact that Apple doesn't trust me to manage my own files. I don't want access to anything other than my files. I want the ability to access the local storage on my phone and use it in anyway I see fit. Similar to Android. On Android, I can download music files from any source and play those files from any music player of my choosing. I don't even want another music player, if I could simply download music from any source and play it in the native music player I'd be happy. The ability to download mail attachments and store them on my device. The ability to move any music I have in my iCloud storage into my music player.

I still don't like not having a headphone jack but I've adjusted.

I don't like the fact that the Dialer isn't predictive. How we are in 2018 and I can't type the name from the dialer or get it to offer suggestions based on my contacts is insane!!

Why Apple has pushed Bluetooth tech (Apple Watch, AirPods) yet STILL doesn't offer trusted devices (the ability to have paired connections circumvent the lock screen) is also crazy. Again...2018. This ability is on the Macbook and it's awesome. It's also on Android.

Those are just a few things.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the fact that Apple doesn't trust me to manage my own files. I don't want access to anything other than my files. I want the ability to access the local storage on my phone and use it in anyway I see fit. Similar to Android. On Android, I can download music files from any source and play those files from any music player of my choosing. I don't even want another music player, if I could simply download music from any source and play it in the native music player I'd be happy. The ability to download mail attachments and store them on my device. The ability to move any music I have in my iCloud storage into my music player.

Well stated, sir, and I'm in full agreement with it....:cool:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I still don’t like the fact I can’t change my default apps. I really don’t like Apple’s native apps for the most part. This point aligns with others about the ability to access files and media in all sources. Obviously the price is a big thing too, it’s getting really out of hand now. I would like some more customization options as well, a dark theme for my X would be great too. Unless I’m missing something, I also can’t add any shows on Apple Music to my library and I have to search for it every single time I want to listen to an episode.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Oh god, where do I begin?

*No customization. Apple lost many customers because people cannot easily put apps/folders wherever they want on the homescreen. Also, Apple needs to create an app drawer. I want to hide the apps, not see every one of them. Also, the widget game on iOS is severely lacking. I'd love to drag and drop widgets onto one of my homescreens. That'd make iOS so much better.

*I want to have the ability to access my files easily. I want to plug my iPhone X into my computer and drag and drop photos, videos, files, and music onto my iPhone WITHOUT having to use that ****** iTunes. Also, iTunes needs to die.

*The phones cost too damn much. The 256GB iPhone X should only be $949, not $1,149.

There's more, but I'm tired and that's all I can think of for now.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't like Apples dialpad, you can't search for contacts on it and you always have to go through contacts instead of just typing name with t9 function

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
The battery on my iPhone is pretty bad. I’ve always had pretty dismal results with my iPhones. Nothing near what  has ever suggested anyway.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The battery on my iPhone is pretty bad. I’ve always had pretty dismal results with my iPhones. Nothing near what  has ever suggested anyway.

I have the same with my devices.

I have notifications for individual people on twitter, Instagram and Facebook enabled.
I have analytics for Apple and developers and such enabled.
I have auto brightness enabled for brightness.
I have all location services set to ‘while in use’ except for Facebook, that one is always on ‘never’.
I have Background App Refresh enabled for all the apps.

If I were to disable some of these, I’d squeeze maybe another 2 hours of battery life out of it. It’s not worth the hassle for me. I use my phone like I want. Crippling my device by disabling some stuff to get the best battery life is just twisted thinking in my opinion. A flip phone would have served me better in that case.

TL:DR Don’t worry about battery life, it’s personal and depends on how you use your device and what’s enabled and what is not on it.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same with my devices.

I have notifications for individual people on twitter, Instagram and Facebook enabled.
I have analytics for Apple and developers and such enabled.
I have auto brightness enabled for brightness.
I have all location services set to ‘while in use’ except for Facebook, that one is always on ‘never’.
I have Background App Refresh enabled for all the apps.

If I were to disable some of these, I’d squeeze maybe another 2 hours of battery life out of it. It’s not worth the hassle for me. I use my phone like I want. Crippling my device by disabling some stuff to get the best battery life is just twisted thinking in my opinion. A flip phone would have served me better in that case.

TL:DR Don’t worry about battery life, it’s personal and depends on how you use your device and what’s enabled and what is not on it.

True. I know it’s rather petty of me to constantly worry about it. I enjoy my iPhone, and that’s what matters.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
True. I know it’s rather petty of me to constantly worry about it. I enjoy my iPhone, and that’s what matters.

I used to be the same, until I got some power banks for cheap from the local convenience store.
I have one always with me.
Having an iPhone 7 Plus definitely made the need for the power banks unnecessary though. I hardly use them anymore.

fjd726

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Ios 11 is probably the worst software to date on an iphone. This thing is laggier than any android phone I've used in the past. The iphone 'just works" argument is long gone imo. Every iteration seems to be getting worse instead of being improved upon. Even the X is laggy. Apple is resting on it's laurels. I moved on to a pixel because of it. If you want just works and buttery smooth, try one. I've been with the iphone since the first one.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Ios 11 is probably the worst software to date on an iphone. This thing is laggier than any android phone I've used in the past. The iphone 'just works" argument is long gone imo. Every iteration seems to be getting worse instead of being improved upon. Even the X is laggy. Apple is resting on it's laurels. I moved on to a pixel because of it. If you want just works and buttery smooth, try one. I've been with the iphone since the first one.

Haven’t noticed any lag issues on my iPhone 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711