What do you NOT LIKE about iPhone?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That I have to be on WiFi to download software updates! I have unlimited data and it makes no sense not giving me an option!

I don't like the fact that Apple doesn't trust me to manage my own files. I don't want access to anything other than my files. I want the ability to access the local storage on my phone and use it in anyway I see fit. Similar to Android. On Android, I can download music files from any source and play those files from any music player of my choosing. I don't even want another music player, if I could simply download music from any source and play it in the native music player I'd be happy. The ability to move any music I have in my iCloud storage into my music player.

I don't like the fact that the Dialer isn't predictive. How we are in 2018 and I can't type the name from the dialer or get it to offer suggestions based on my contacts is insane!!

I want to plug my iPhone X into my computer and drag and drop photos, videos, files, and music onto my iPhone WITHOUT having to use that ****** iTunes. Also, iTunes needs to die.

I totally agree with all of the above!!! Apple definitely needs to give us a dark theme and option to get rid of/hide the dock (I hate apps on my 1st home screen).

The battery on my iPhone is pretty bad. I’ve always had pretty dismal results with my iPhones. Nothing near what  has ever suggested anyway.

I can’t recall having any battery issues. I’m not one to do all the battery saving stuff either and I usually get at least 15hrs use & 25hrs+ standby on my X, which is my main device. My 8 comes pretty close to that as well, but it’s being used in a different manner.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Besides what's already been said, as a former/in hibernation Android user I'd love to see custom icons for apps. I'm guessing that's gonna have to be an Apple provided feature though since they don't allow 3rd party keyboards on password screens I'm pretty sure they're not going to allow apps that modify icons on the springboard either as they'll probably see that as a security issue. Still, there might be a way to sandbox it and make it work.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Besides what's already been said, as a former/in hibernation Android user I'd love to see custom icons for apps. I'm guessing that's gonna have to be an Apple provided feature though since they don't allow 3rd party keyboards on password screens I'm pretty sure they're not going to allow apps that modify icons on the springboard either as they'll probably see that as a security issue. Still, there might be a way to sandbox it and make it work.

Apps can have an icon change setting. Carrot Weather is one of them, as well as MLB At Bat. I believe the reason for stock keyboard with passwords is for security reasons. So a third party app can’t read your passwords. That being said, it’s annoying and unless you browse settings of apps, you won’t know if they’ve implemented the icon change option, which usually a paid feature.

EDIT: I forgot about Apollo, and screenshots.

299a523730100cf07dbb7d95114a0eab.jpg

7fe96178b4e5de2f331aa4fb3e5f2194.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Apps can have an icon change setting. Carrot Weather is one of them, as well as MLB At Bat. I believe the reason for stock keyboard with passwords is for security reasons. So a third party app can’t read your passwords. That being said, it’s annoying and unless you browse settings of apps, you won’t know if they’ve implemented the icon change option, which usually a paid feature.

Nah I'm talking about Android style where you apply an icon pack that skins every app with a new icon. Not just a specific app changing its own icon.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
For me it's the lack of customization, the notch, stale OS, can't do certain things unless I'm on Wi-Fi, notifications, the phone dialer, can't download from outside sources or use other default apps, apple car play like I can't use Waze and I dislike Siri.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
For me it's the lack of customization, the notch, stale OS, can't do certain things unless I'm on Wi-Fi, notifications, the phone dialer, can't download from outside sources or use other default apps, apple car play like I can't use Waze and I dislike Siri.

So you pretty much hate everything about iOS. Why do you stay? I’m just curious because if I had that many personal issues I’d be finding a new ecosystem.
Again, I’m not arguing your points, just wondering what keeps you using iOS.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So you pretty much hate everything about iOS. Why do you stay? I’m just curious because if I had that many personal issues I’d be finding a new ecosystem.
I did. Have the note 8. Sold my X. I buy numerous phones. I use everything.

I always return to the iPhone eventually. But if like to see these things fixed. Especially the OS. Spice it up some.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I did. Have the note 8. Sold my X. I buy numerous phones. I use everything.

Oh gotcha. I wish I were that eclectic! I bought an HTC Evo 4g that I hated and switched to an iPhone 4 after that. That was my last run with Android. Clearly both the Android hardware and software have gotten a million times better since then but I’m way too invested in Apple at this point.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh gotcha. I wish I were that eclectic! I bought an HTC Evo 4g that I hated and switched to an iPhone 4 after that. That was my last run with Android. Clearly both the Android hardware and software have gotten a million times better since then but I’m way too invested in Apple at this point.
I hear that. Ah the evo. That phone had so many issues. The best thing for me was the release of movies anywhere app. At least I was able to consolidate the vast majority of my iTunes movies so I could watch them on android and anywhere really.

I look forward to seeing the next iPhone. I'm sure as always when it's released I'll have z stroke trying to order the thing like always lol.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

I share a lot of the same gripes. I keep using IOS because I use both. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I do find IOS has more weaknesses of the two. I like my IOS due to battery life and timely updates. That's about it.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Simply have a notification system similar to Android's, and iOS would have been all I needed. As it stands I would need both operating systems to fulfill my Smartphone needs.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I have been waiting for true multitasking abilities on iPhone for years. I want split screen and picture in picture. Picture in picture is what I want the most. It's my favorite feature on my Galaxy note 8. I also have an iPhone 8 Plus but the reason I have been switching back and forth all these years is for the lack of these features on iPhone. If I had these I would never buy another Android device as long as I lived. Please Apple, give us some real multitasking capabilities with the next iteration of large iPhones.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard can’t be sized down for 1-handed use and the double touch home button doesn’t shrink the keyboard. Also not liking new home button on my 8. I miss a real moving button, especially when I push it while sitting on a counter or with gloves. I could unlock my SE with gloves my clicking the home button and typing the code. Now it doesn’t register my click VERY unhelpful at work.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard can’t be sized down for 1-handed use and the double touch home button doesn’t shrink the keyboard. Also not liking new home button on my 8. I miss a real moving button, especially when I push it while sitting on a counter or with gloves. I could unlock my SE with gloves my clicking the home button and typing the code. Now it doesn’t register my click VERY unhelpful at work.

You can move the stock keyboard left and right as well as get many typing features with third-party keyboard apps. The latter includes well supported and very good ones like Microsoft's SwiftKey purchase.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
You can move the stock keyboard left and right as well as get many typing features with third-party keyboard apps. The latter includes well supported and very good ones like Microsoft's SwiftKey purchase.

Really? I downloaded Swiftkey cause a quick google search showed it was resizable...I didn’t realize it meant on android only. I’ll look a bit further into keyboard adjustments then thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal