Besides what's already been said, as a former/in hibernation Android user I'd love to see custom icons for apps. I'm guessing that's gonna have to be an Apple provided feature though since they don't allow 3rd party keyboards on password screens I'm pretty sure they're not going to allow apps that modify icons on the springboard either as they'll probably see that as a security issue. Still, there might be a way to sandbox it and make it work.
    Apps can have an icon change setting. Carrot Weather is one of them, as well as MLB At Bat. I believe the reason for stock keyboard with passwords is for security reasons. So a third party app can’t read your passwords. That being said, it’s annoying and unless you browse settings of apps, you won’t know if they’ve implemented the icon change option, which usually a paid feature.

EDIT: I forgot about Apollo, and screenshots.

02-20-2018 07:01 PM
    Apps can have an icon change setting. Carrot Weather is one of them, as well as MLB At Bat. I believe the reason for stock keyboard with passwords is for security reasons. So a third party app can’t read your passwords. That being said, it’s annoying and unless you browse settings of apps, you won’t know if they’ve implemented the icon change option, which usually a paid feature.
    Nah I'm talking about Android style where you apply an icon pack that skins every app with a new icon. Not just a specific app changing its own icon.
    02-21-2018 01:46 AM
    For me it's the lack of customization, the notch, stale OS, can't do certain things unless I'm on Wi-Fi, notifications, the phone dialer, can't download from outside sources or use other default apps, apple car play like I can't use Waze and I dislike Siri.
    02-28-2018 01:06 AM
    For me it's the lack of customization, the notch, stale OS, can't do certain things unless I'm on Wi-Fi, notifications, the phone dialer, can't download from outside sources or use other default apps, apple car play like I can't use Waze and I dislike Siri.
    So you pretty much hate everything about iOS. Why do you stay? I’m just curious because if I had that many personal issues I’d be finding a new ecosystem.
    Again, I’m not arguing your points, just wondering what keeps you using iOS.
    02-28-2018 05:37 AM
    So you pretty much hate everything about iOS. Why do you stay? I’m just curious because if I had that many personal issues I’d be finding a new ecosystem.
    I did. Have the note 8. Sold my X. I buy numerous phones. I use everything.

I always return to the iPhone eventually. But if like to see these things fixed. Especially the OS. Spice it up some.
    Rob Phillips and libra89 like this.
    02-28-2018 05:44 AM
    I did. Have the note 8. Sold my X. I buy numerous phones. I use everything.
    Oh gotcha. I wish I were that eclectic! I bought an HTC Evo 4g that I hated and switched to an iPhone 4 after that. That was my last run with Android. Clearly both the Android hardware and software have gotten a million times better since then but I’m way too invested in Apple at this point.
    areyes163 likes this.
    02-28-2018 05:49 AM
    Oh gotcha. I wish I were that eclectic! I bought an HTC Evo 4g that I hated and switched to an iPhone 4 after that. That was my last run with Android. Clearly both the Android hardware and software have gotten a million times better since then but I’m way too invested in Apple at this point.
    I hear that. Ah the evo. That phone had so many issues. The best thing for me was the release of movies anywhere app. At least I was able to consolidate the vast majority of my iTunes movies so I could watch them on android and anywhere really.

I look forward to seeing the next iPhone. I'm sure as always when it's released I'll have z stroke trying to order the thing like always lol.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    02-28-2018 06:10 AM
    Lack of AOD and LED notification light. It's a pain having to wake the screen for everything.
    02-28-2018 11:31 AM
    I share a lot of the same gripes. I keep using IOS because I use both. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I do find IOS has more weaknesses of the two. I like my IOS due to battery life and timely updates. That's about it.
    02-28-2018 11:36 AM
    Simply have a notification system similar to Android's, and iOS would have been all I needed. As it stands I would need both operating systems to fulfill my Smartphone needs.
    02-28-2018 04:41 PM
    I have been waiting for true multitasking abilities on iPhone for years. I want split screen and picture in picture. Picture in picture is what I want the most. It's my favorite feature on my Galaxy note 8. I also have an iPhone 8 Plus but the reason I have been switching back and forth all these years is for the lack of these features on iPhone. If I had these I would never buy another Android device as long as I lived. Please Apple, give us some real multitasking capabilities with the next iteration of large iPhones.
    03-15-2018 12:13 PM
    The keyboard can’t be sized down for 1-handed use and the double touch home button doesn’t shrink the keyboard. Also not liking new home button on my 8. I miss a real moving button, especially when I push it while sitting on a counter or with gloves. I could unlock my SE with gloves my clicking the home button and typing the code. Now it doesn’t register my click VERY unhelpful at work.
    03-15-2018 07:05 PM
    The keyboard can’t be sized down for 1-handed use and the double touch home button doesn’t shrink the keyboard. Also not liking new home button on my 8. I miss a real moving button, especially when I push it while sitting on a counter or with gloves. I could unlock my SE with gloves my clicking the home button and typing the code. Now it doesn’t register my click VERY unhelpful at work.
    You can move the stock keyboard left and right as well as get many typing features with third-party keyboard apps. The latter includes well supported and very good ones like Microsoft's SwiftKey purchase.
    ruger141 likes this.
    03-15-2018 07:55 PM
    You can move the stock keyboard left and right as well as get many typing features with third-party keyboard apps. The latter includes well supported and very good ones like Microsoft's SwiftKey purchase.
    Really? I downloaded Swiftkey cause a quick google search showed it was resizable...I didn’t realize it meant on android only. I’ll look a bit further into keyboard adjustments then thanks.
    03-15-2018 07:57 PM
    Holy cow how did I not know about the stock “one handed keyboard” option! Thanks so much.
    03-15-2018 07:59 PM
    Really? I downloaded Swiftkey cause a quick google search showed it was resizable...I didn’t realize it meant on android only. I’ll look a bit further into keyboard adjustments then thanks.
    I don't know if Swiftkey has what you want. I sure wish it had Microsoft's now gone Flow feature for one handed.

My main point is there are options including from credible developers.
    03-15-2018 08:11 PM
    The Gboard keyboard by google is also letting me set it to one handed mode after I activated that function in the keyboard settings. It’s swipe function works very well.
    03-15-2018 08:25 PM
    I have been waiting for true multitasking abilities on iPhone for years. I want split screen and picture in picture. Picture in picture is what I want the most. It's my favorite feature on my Galaxy note 8. I also have an iPhone 8 Plus but the reason I have been switching back and forth all these years is for the lack of these features on iPhone. If I had these I would never buy another Android device as long as I lived. Please Apple, give us some real multitasking capabilities with the next iteration of large iPhones.
    Why would you want this on a phone? On a tablet, maybe. I’m just curious.
    03-16-2018 04:40 PM
    Why would you want this on a phone? On a tablet, maybe. I’m just curious.
    Believe me, it can be incredibly useful. There have been times where split screen on my Android phones have been a godsend rather than switching back and forth between apps on my iPhone.
    03-16-2018 07:01 PM
    Believe me, it can be incredibly useful. There have been times where split screen on my Android phones have been a godsend rather than switching back and forth between apps on my iPhone.
    I guess I just don’t use my phone the same way as some others. I understand the uses, I just don’t need them as much others. I have my iPad Pro for that. Different strokes...
    03-16-2018 07:18 PM
    I don’t like how I have to back it up every two weeks. Same with ipad...and on wifi. Annoying.
    03-21-2018 12:06 AM
    That damn black bezel. It’s sleek but it does have its downsides, like showing every little lint.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-08-2018 07:51 PM
    1: Lack of an App drawer (I don't want folders on my screen).
    2: Lack of a mute icon on the top right of the screen when the physical mute button is set to mute the phone.
    3: The inability to add widgets to any of the Home screens.

Otherwise, I'm happy with my device.
    General Tso and steelrain82 like this.
    05-15-2018 12:27 PM
    I don’t like how I have to back it up every two weeks. Same with ipad...and on wifi. Annoying.
    Mine automatically backs up every day without me having to do anything. Same with my iPad.
    Tartarus, flyinion and iwoodland like this.
    05-15-2018 12:31 PM
    I just came across this thread so excuse my “better late than never” 2 cents of my thoughts.

Just a few gripes:

1) the dock. Dam.mit why can’t this be an option to be visible or not visible.

2) I’d like to be able to place my icons where I want them on the screen. ie. if I want just four in a box shape in the middle of my screen then let me have that option !

3) I hate folders- an app draw would be nice.

4) price, but then again android devices are up there in cost too these days.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-21-2018 08:54 AM
72 123