Why do you have an iPhone?

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Then got so wrapped into the ecosystem that I don’t want to leave now.

Then got so wrapped into the ecosystem that I CANNOT leave now, LOL

I have been a mobile device freak ever since Apple "Newton" era (it was actually well made at the time, although bulky and heavy). Since then I was using Palm Pilot and series of others, always wishing that Apple coming up with a real stuff, which came very late. But I have been buying every iteration of the iPhone since then (except X. I am on 8 now). Being such a gadget freak that I am, I flirted with Samsung Galaxy some 7 years or so ago "for 3 days", and kicked it out as if it was a plague. Then, when I was replacing my iPhone, I used a Blackberry Bold 9780 as a stopgap and was fascinated by it. So, much so that I added a new line for it (I never parted my iPhone). It lasted about a year or so, but when Blackberry abruptly abandoned the legacy device and came up with the stupid OS10 with the iPhone look-a-like, I was so disappointed. They lost the mind, and I barked constantly on Crackberry forum, thus accumulated some 1000 posts quickly there. All along, I was an iPhone user, because of all the reasons folks stated above. Plus, I've been immersed in the Apple ecosystem too deeply, changing anything does not make sense to me at all, and I absolutely do not feel like experimenting any other platform at all. Ultimately, iPhone just works. Then again, recent Apple may have lost its past mojo, which irritates me sometimes :)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Google is the reason I switched to iPhone. No other reason. I'll never go back to an Android, regardless of whether or not one comes out that's better than an iPhone.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I get a choice of phones through work. Since I've been using Nexus/Pixel phones as my personal device the last few years, I ask for iPhones so that I can experience the best of both worlds.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I originally bought an iPhone (iPhone 4 in late June 2011) because I wanted an actual smartphone. All my phones before it were Nokias, either dumbphones or feature phones and as much as I loved Nokia, I wanted more. I ended up returning to Nokia in November 2012 with Windows Phone but then returned to iPhone in September 2015 when the 6s was released. It's just the best phone I've ever used and has everything I could want in a smartphone.

Gadgetgirl38

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I like the operating system. I like the reliability and how frequent we get updates. My workplace apps are iOS so for the training I do for new staff, it makes the most sense. I like their customer service given at the Apple Store. I literally get no customer service for any Android device I have ever owned.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
because I’ve had one since I was given a 3GS,and iOS was not too hard to learn,and it always works and...
And I like it enough not to change to something more complicated.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Because I hate Android and Google way of doing business. My privacy isn't on sale. If Apple stop respecting that, I'll stop using iPhone as well (and will become "smartphoneless" since I'll have no options then...)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Because I hate Android and Google way of doing business. My privacy isn't on sale. If Apple stop respecting that, I'll stop using iPhone as well (and will become "smartphoneless" since I'll have no options then...)

Actually, there's quite a few smartphones out there that are not Apple or Android. But are they as secure as Apple, probably not but you'll still have options.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Because blackberry started sucking so I made the switch at the time of the iPhone 3G.

That is around the time I initially left Blackberry. I went and purchased an iPhone 3G that I liked, but in my heart, I was still a Blackberry guy so when the 3G fell off the coast of South Carolina, I didn't even get upset. My daughter, who was there with me, was very upset because she has her sights on it...(laughing)...That evening, I went to an AT&T store in North Charleston and purchased the original Blackberry Bold (9000). I held onto it for a bit before switching over to the Droid Incredible, and later, the EVO 4G. After that, I purchased the iPhone 4S and have been using an iPhone ever since.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I took a circuitous way to having an iPhone...
I had a Zune HD MP3 player and liked it, but after awhile I wished that it had a built in speaker that I could play back music through, and a camera on it would have been nice as well. So since it had neither of those things I considered & ended up purchasing an iPod Touch (my gateway iOS device) which did have those. After some time with using the iPod Touch, I resented the fact that I had to search out WiFi hotspots to go online in Safari, or to be able to make use of online functionality in apps. So, I would daydream of the iPod Touch having a cellular radio, like the iPads had the option of, and their limited pay as you need it data plans. I held off on going with an iPhone as I didn’t want to enter into a contract with a carrier...
But, starting with the iPhone 4S (a White/64GB one), I’ve been a satisfied user of iPhones since then. I had no prior cellphone before the 4S.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Because blackberry started sucking so I made the switch at the time of the iPhone 3G.

I jumped ship (officially) about a year or so ago. Was using passport and z30....tried the dtek 60 and 50 but didn’t like it. Also just got rid of the keyone......just don’t like android/BB

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
That is around the time I initially left Blackberry. I went and purchased an iPhone 3G that I liked, but in my heart, I was still a Blackberry guy so when the 3G fell off the coast of South Carolina, I didn't even get upset. My daughter, who was there with me, was very upset because she has her sights on it...(laughing)...That evening, I went to an AT&T store in North Charleston and purchased the original Blackberry Bold (9000). I held onto it for a bit before switching over to the Droid Incredible, and later, the EVO 4G. After that, I purchased the iPhone 4S and have been using an iPhone ever since.

Ahh!!!.....the good ol’ 9000....best phone I ever had!!!!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I was BlackBerry all the way until they went Android and stopped support of their products with Apple I have support ,regular updates and a device that works the way it should ,and all my family and friends have iPhones and we connect frequently .

Exactly my same reasons for going with Apple.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Because I got a 8 plus for the price of a mid range Android and a great phone plan which is only for iPhones.

I still have my Note 8 as well which is now being used as my work phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner