Sorry chum, think it was North America . I lost the original chart I was quoting .

Why do you have an iPhone?-ob-yz612_bbryms_g_20130920173416.jpg
    01-17-2018 04:03 PM
    I have been an Android fan for several years now. I always heard good things from apple fans so when an opportunity came I brought an iPhone 7. It’s a solid device with not to many complaints. For me, it’s a great second device next to my Note 8 and an opportunity to experience everything android and iOS.
    01-17-2018 05:07 PM
    I bought into the iPhone for the security and reliability.

I actually didn’t want to go Apple because of the social status. I’m not a mainstream type of guy but it’s the best platform around since webOS lost its support
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-17-2018 05:21 PM
    I bought mine because I wanted a small smartphone to last for a few years.
    I checked other compact phones but the iPhone SE had everything I need. And it does.
    I don’t know if I’ll continue with iOS in the future. I tend to go with whatever I think it’s best for me.
    TwitchyPuppy and libra89 like this.
    02-12-2018 11:11 AM
    I like Android and miss playing with rooms and such, but iPhone is more compatible in my family plus I've slowly been moving more towards the Apple eco system.
    TwitchyPuppy and tadpoles like this.
    02-12-2018 11:38 AM
    As much a fan as Android as I’ve been I just find that the iPhones take less fiddling with for me to get a nicely working device. That, plus most in my family use iOS and it just makes sense. I do keep an Huawei Mate 9 to play with but find myself preferring iPhones.
    TwitchyPuppy, X0LARIUM and libra89 like this.
    02-12-2018 04:12 PM
    I have all the Apple products starting from iMac, MacBook Pro, iPads, Apple watch, Apple TV and soon HomePod. It doesn’t make sense for me to get an Android phone.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    02-12-2018 11:19 PM
    Been a Windows Phone lover all this while. But I am never looking in that direction again. It's Goodbye Microsoft forever.

On the other hand, I always had an Android by my side as I use a lot of YouTube. However, off late, though I am 100% satisfied with my Xiaomi Note 2, I think money can buy me a better device.

Now, coming to your question, why an iPhone. Because - Steve Jobs.

That man was on a mission. He had a vision. He was a genius in the truest of sense. He not only created great products (along with others by his side of course), he also sold them with passion. With my last stint with Windows Phone/Mobile, I've seen how dis-passionate and uninterested companies can get. I want something that I can hold, and be proud of. A legacy, an institution, an icon.

And nothing suits that description better than an iPhone.

PS: I also have a Surface Pro 4, which I plan to sell at the earliest. By the year end, I wish to enter the Apple "ecosystem". BTW, I also have the first iPad Mini, which works flawlessly, and a MacBook Air which has got some display issues. That could have been my mistake because my iPad works brilliant.

BTW: When the first iPhone launched, I was very young and on my first job. Since then, I've drooled on it. I just got a little lost on my way to perfection I guess.
    TwitchyPuppy and libra89 like this.
    02-12-2018 11:20 PM
    Wife got tired of me not using iMessage so she bought me an X for Christmas knowing I wouldnt make her return it. So now I use both Android and iPhone. Shes trying to do the same thing with Facebook but that will never happen. Uninstalled that garbage years ago and no matter how much she complains that I cant see videos she sends me from there, it wont be making a return to my devices.
    TwitchyPuppy and DarkSylph like this.
    02-13-2018 08:43 AM
    For me I guess it boils down to the overall experience. iOS is a better day to day operating system in daily use. There are many things I prefer about Android, but every Android phone I've had gets glitchy and needs a restore whereas I can usually use my iPhones for a year without much fuss. There's also the integration. I've been using macOS since the OS 9 days, and you can't beat how well iOS works with macOS. iMessage plays a big factor as well.

I used the S8+ exclusively for 6 months without too many problems though and could switch to Android full time with little headache. The one thing I missed the most is my Apple Watch during that time. Now that I have the Series 3 LTE I can't see myself going back to Android full time unless I add a second line to keep an iPhone just for the Apple Watch. It's kinda crazy that my smartwatch keeps me on my smartphone platform, but I just love my watch that much.
    TwitchyPuppy and X0LARIUM like this.
    02-13-2018 09:27 AM
    As fun as Android can be with different fonts, icon packs, launchers, and ROMs it just doesn’t seems as well thought-through out-the-box as iOS. Perhaps that’s because of all the different overlays. Most folks don’t know all that can be done with Android and I feel for them. iOS is just a smoother experience, IME.
    TwitchyPuppy, libra89 and X0LARIUM like this.
    02-13-2018 01:15 PM
    I use both Android and iOS. Have a Iphone 8+ and a Samsung S8+. I really like them both and have a hard time choosing between them. I thing Android is great if you like to make it your own with different settings, themes and widgets. IPhone is a great phone if your not interested of these things and just want to use it out of the box.
    02-13-2018 01:45 PM
    As fun as Android can be with different fonts, icon packs, launchers, and ROMs it just doesn’t seems as well thought-through out-the-box as iOS. Perhaps that’s because of all the different overlays. Most folks don’t know all that can be done with Android and I feel for them. iOS is just a smoother experience, IME.
    I am exactly at that stage. I am done with tinkering and tweaking Android to achieve a "better experience". Why should I? It is Google's responsibility.
    tadpoles likes this.
    02-14-2018 02:19 AM
    I have an iPhone because they are simple to use,reliable and last a long time, I must add that, not being used to computers and electronic gadgets in general or particularly interested, once I learned how to use an iPhone I couldn’t be rsed to learn Android OS.
    tadpoles and X0LARIUM like this.
    02-14-2018 07:22 AM
64 123