I originally bought an iPhone (iPhone 4 in late June 2011) because I wanted an actual smartphone. All my phones before it were Nokias, either dumbphones or feature phones and as much as I loved Nokia, I wanted more. I ended up returning to Nokia in November 2012 with Windows Phone but then returned to iPhone in September 2015 when the 6s was released. It's just the best phone I've ever used and has everything I could want in a smartphone.
    01-14-2018 01:08 PM
    I like the operating system. I like the reliability and how frequent we get updates. My workplace apps are iOS so for the training I do for new staff, it makes the most sense. I like their customer service given at the Apple Store. I literally get no customer service for any Android device I have ever owned.
    01-14-2018 03:09 PM
    because I’ve had one since I was given a 3GS,and iOS was not too hard to learn,and it always works and...
    And I like it enough not to change to something more complicated.
    MB64, tadpoles and wenrob like this.
    01-15-2018 12:32 PM
    The iPhone fits best for what I want in a smartphone.
    My reasoning, too. And if it gets to a point where an iPhone doesn't fit best for what I want in a smartphone I will happily move to another device.
    MB64 likes this.
    01-15-2018 01:23 PM
    Because I hate Android and Google way of doing business. My privacy isn't on sale. If Apple stop respecting that, I'll stop using iPhone as well (and will become "smartphoneless" since I'll have no options then...)
    MB64 likes this.
    01-15-2018 02:00 PM
    Because I hate Android and Google way of doing business. My privacy isn't on sale. If Apple stop respecting that, I'll stop using iPhone as well (and will become "smartphoneless" since I'll have no options then...)

Actually, there's quite a few smartphones out there that are not Apple or Android. But are they as secure as Apple, probably not but you'll still have options.
    01-15-2018 06:35 PM
    It works...for me!
    01-15-2018 06:48 PM
    I’m an  fanboy, but if Ruby starts up Palm again, I will jump ship! Still miss my Pre
    comiken205 likes this.
    01-15-2018 06:49 PM
    Because blackberry started sucking so I made the switch at the time of the iPhone 3G.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-15-2018 07:00 PM
    Because blackberry started sucking so I made the switch at the time of the iPhone 3G.
    That is around the time I initially left Blackberry. I went and purchased an iPhone 3G that I liked, but in my heart, I was still a Blackberry guy so when the 3G fell off the coast of South Carolina, I didn't even get upset. My daughter, who was there with me, was very upset because she has her sights on it...(laughing)...That evening, I went to an AT&T store in North Charleston and purchased the original Blackberry Bold (9000). I held onto it for a bit before switching over to the Droid Incredible, and later, the EVO 4G. After that, I purchased the iPhone 4S and have been using an iPhone ever since.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-15-2018 07:13 PM
    I took a circuitous way to having an iPhone...
    I had a Zune HD MP3 player and liked it, but after awhile I wished that it had a built in speaker that I could play back music through, and a camera on it would have been nice as well. So since it had neither of those things I considered & ended up purchasing an iPod Touch (my gateway iOS device) which did have those. After some time with using the iPod Touch, I resented the fact that I had to search out WiFi hotspots to go online in Safari, or to be able to make use of online functionality in apps. So, I would daydream of the iPod Touch having a cellular radio, like the iPads had the option of, and their limited pay as you need it data plans. I held off on going with an iPhone as I didn’t want to enter into a contract with a carrier...
    But, starting with the iPhone 4S (a White/64GB one), I’ve been a satisfied user of iPhones since then. I had no prior cellphone before the 4S.
    Just_Me_D and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    01-15-2018 07:51 PM
    I jumped ship (officially) about a year or so ago. Was using passport and z30....tried the dtek 60 and 50 but didn’t like it. Also just got rid of the keyone......just don’t like android/BB
    RobertP1 and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-15-2018 07:56 PM
    That is around the time I initially left Blackberry. I went and purchased an iPhone 3G that I liked, but in my heart, I was still a Blackberry guy so when the 3G fell off the coast of South Carolina, I didn't even get upset. My daughter, who was there with me, was very upset because she has her sights on it...(laughing)...That evening, I went to an AT&T store in North Charleston and purchased the original Blackberry Bold (9000). I held onto it for a bit before switching over to the Droid Incredible, and later, the EVO 4G. After that, I purchased the iPhone 4S and have been using an iPhone ever since.
    Ahh!!!.....the good ol’ 9000....best phone I ever had!!!!
    Just_Me_D and RobertP1 like this.
    01-15-2018 07:57 PM
    I was BlackBerry all the way until they went Android and stopped support of their products with Apple I have support ,regular updates and a device that works the way it should ,and all my family and friends have iPhones and we connect frequently .
    Exactly my same reasons for going with Apple.
    01-15-2018 09:44 PM
    Because I got a 8 plus for the price of a mid range Android and a great phone plan which is only for iPhones.

I still have my Note 8 as well which is now being used as my work phone
    01-16-2018 10:38 AM
    Lots of reasons... but if I had to pick one.... FAMILY!!! Between imessage,Facetime, Find Friends...that is how I communicate with my kids who are away in college !
    01-16-2018 10:52 AM
    I jumped ship (officially) about a year or so ago. Was using passport and z30....tried the dtek 60 and 50 but didn’t like it. Also just got rid of the keyone......just don’t like android/BB

I wish BB10 survived. It was a great work OS
    Just_Me_D and ksassy like this.
    01-16-2018 10:57 AM
    Yes, another ex-Blackberry guy here. Actually I had almost all iPhones (minus 6, 7 and both 8's since I bought the X) but always trying "alternative" OS's. Android I hated since its beginning, because of the ads model business as I said before and the bugs. Tons of bugs. Ouch, that bugs... Even though I had a few Android gadgets too... All my Samsungs had some kind of outrageous bugs. Don't use the brand anymore even freely. But, actually, I liked a lot the Xiaomi MIX, which I still use with a fake Google account sometimes.

But talking about alternative OS's. I had various BB, and really loved that gorgeous Bold 9000, the first one. But was really addicted to N900's Maemo system. Nokia deserved that bankruptcy for retire that system and that concept. I even installed Debian with OpenOffice in it (actually it's still here). A truly hack smartphone. Then I had all 3 Pre models and the Veer, really used to love webOS as well. For me, by far, the best OS I've ever used, even better than BBOS 10 of my Passport, IMHO. Had, too, a few WindowsPhone gadgets, all versions, all very promising but every single one always sabotaged by Microsoft...

Stories resumed, I almost have to use iPhone, now, for lack of options. I really liked the new UI introduced in X, remember me the beloved webOS gestures. But if you ask me if I love iOS, no, I don't love it. But since it's the only viable option now for me, it works well for what I need.
    01-16-2018 12:23 PM
    12 yrs on Android and the past 5 with Samsung from the Note 2 to Note 4, then the Note 7. We know what happened there
    To the note 5 and just fed up. Been a yr on Apple and happy thus far
    01-16-2018 04:25 PM
    To continue. I made the complete jump over. No going back. Iphone 7+ and now have the 8+. Ipad 12.9. Mac Pro
    Apple Watch series 3 from the 2. AirPods and also the pencil. Love it all
    01-16-2018 04:27 PM
    I have it as I've been using it since 3GS days in 2009, and I've been in the Apple ecosystem since then.
    01-16-2018 07:55 PM
    I love iPhones it’s my life.
    Snoweagle likes this.
    01-16-2018 10:32 PM
    You Americans and your BB ...
    On the other side I was an huge Nokia/Symbian fan before joining iOS with the iPhone 3G.
    01-17-2018 12:43 AM
    In 2009 BlackBerry held 20 percent of the smartphone market only slightly behind Symbian and was the second largest smartphone operating system in the world however we all know what happened since .
    01-17-2018 02:37 PM
    In 2009 BlackBerry held 20 percent of the smartphone market only slightly behind Symbian and was the second largest smartphone operating system in the world however we all know what happened since .
    Is that only in North America? Worldwide stats are different
    01-17-2018 03:34 PM
64 123