What about Apple’s “responsibility” to consumers?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Regardless of how this sounds, customers are almost always 100% right, and that applies in almost every industry. Of course there are cases where complaints are not accepted but they are always entertained from a vendor point of view.

Customers are always right to want to be well served, period.

The “client is 100% right, at any given time, in any situation” popular belief is false.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
People are way too naive!!! Their responsibility is to make money, first and foremost. Same with any other business, and I ain’t mad at em

I worked as a nurse for a while before going into healthcare informatics, and my friends/family would get upset with me because I tried to tell them Medicine in America is a business, first. If it wasn’t, it wouldn’t be so unobtainable to so many people.

I don't know if it's naive. I think a lot of people have a genuine belief that the wellbeing of others should always come before a dollar so they are put off when they realize that isn't the reality. Morality will always clash with business so long as the dollar is in existence. This is why people were upset with Martin Shkreli for hiking the price of AIDS medication. As you mentioned, it's a business. So you wouldn't be upset with his actions. Others feel it to be wrong to place wealth over humanity. Some people don't care about that. Others do. I don't know if one is right or wrong but it's the way the world is and will always be.

I tend to side with the belief that we as a people should have more concern for one another. But I understand that many business' aren't going to operate that way.

X0LARIUM

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Religion. Education. Healthcare. Everything is a business today. There is no surprise there. And nothing wrong with it too. However, there are ethics. There is a very thin line between doing business and robbery. If Apple is forcing us for an upgrade through unethical ways (such as slowing older devices) that is wrong on their part. However, if they stop supporting a device, and the customer chooses to upgrade, this is their decision.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The fact that we won't "pay you first" itself shows that we (the customers) are not the stupid ones here. You are.
Oh and might I add, you too are a customer somewhere, to someone. So any way, you are just as stupid as you claim the rest of us to be. lol

I agree with you 100% and I’m glad someone finally gets what I’m trying to get across.

X0LARIUM

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That’s what I’m acknowledging. I don’t get bent out of shape over the truth like others have in this thread.

Well, what "truth" is according to you, is not the truth for everyone. Most of the people don't agree to what you are saying, me included. Customers are not stupid. They have paid the money and the deserve the right to say what they feel, they deserve respect and they deserve to be heard. Just like you, just like me.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
What’s Apple responsibilities to customers? To be truthful to them. Did they have reason to throttle the phones due to shutdowns? Yes. But not with doing it and not saying so. Apple could have avoided this mess.

This exactly. I don’t blame Apple one bit for throttling older phones with diminished batteries if it avoids other, more serious problems. Where they royally screwed up was not telling users.
The fact that Apple is offering fairly inexpensive battery replacements for out of warranty devices is a positive. They could have simply rolled back the throttling “feature” (side note: they’re giving users the ability to disable it in iOS 11.3) but they’re attempting to do what’s right. I’m actually sensing a bit of humility by a company that normally isn’t.
To reiterate...
Throttling phones to avoid instability = Good
Lack of transparency that they were doing it = Bad
Realizing they screwed up and offering multiple solutions = Good

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They have paid the money and the deserve the right to say what they feel, they deserve respect and they deserve to be heard.
Respect because they spent some money? Lol keep on thinking that. We are nothing but a statistic. We aren’t special. Gotta get over yourself.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Respect because they spent some money? Lol keep on thinking that. We are nothing but a statistic. We aren’t special. Gotta get over yourself.

Respect for the relationship that develops between a customer and a business owner. People dealing with people.
One of the things missing today is the small business where the owner not only knew their customers but, because of that relationship, provided quality service. It’s a realization that one needs the other. Without customers you have no business. Without the business customers have no product or service.
Being able to buy online in the comfort of your home is extremely convenient, but I think we’ve lost something. It clearly shows in this thread.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2