Regardless of how this sounds, customers are almost always 100% right, and that applies in almost every industry. Of course there are cases where complaints are not accepted but they are always entertained from a vendor point of view.
    02-14-2018 06:07 PM
    Keep ‘em coming, folks. I love this stuff.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-14-2018 06:21 PM
    Regardless of how this sounds, customers are almost always 100% right, and that applies in almost every industry. Of course there are cases where complaints are not accepted but they are always entertained from a vendor point of view.
    I don't know about all that, lol.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    02-14-2018 06:25 PM
    People are way too naive!!! Their responsibility is to make money, first and foremost. Same with any other business, and I ain’t mad at em🤷🏾*♀️

I worked as a nurse for a while before going into healthcare informatics, and my friends/family would get upset with me because I tried to tell them Medicine in America is a business, first. If it wasn’t, it wouldn’t be so unobtainable to so many people.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-17-2018 11:09 PM
    Apple chose to adversely affect the performance of devices, they didn't have to
    That's it. That's all I am saying. You are not obliged to push updates. And like I said, I am fine with my iPad Mini stock on iOS 9.something. But if they screw and deliberately slow the systems in the wake of "updating", they are obligated to the T.
    02-18-2018 06:37 AM
    Regardless of how this sounds, customers are almost always 100% right, and that applies in almost every industry.
    Speaking as a retail store owner, the customer is a moron.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    02-21-2018 09:52 AM
    Speaking as a customer, I won’t be in your shop.
    02-21-2018 10:57 AM
    Customers are always right to want to be well served, period.

The “client is 100% right, at any given time, in any situation” popular belief is false.
    Quis89 and tadpoles like this.
    02-21-2018 12:06 PM
    People are way too naive!!! Their responsibility is to make money, first and foremost. Same with any other business, and I ain’t mad at em

I worked as a nurse for a while before going into healthcare informatics, and my friends/family would get upset with me because I tried to tell them Medicine in America is a business, first. If it wasn’t, it wouldn’t be so unobtainable to so many people.
    I don't know if it's naive. I think a lot of people have a genuine belief that the wellbeing of others should always come before a dollar so they are put off when they realize that isn't the reality. Morality will always clash with business so long as the dollar is in existence. This is why people were upset with Martin Shkreli for hiking the price of AIDS medication. As you mentioned, it's a business. So you wouldn't be upset with his actions. Others feel it to be wrong to place wealth over humanity. Some people don't care about that. Others do. I don't know if one is right or wrong but it's the way the world is and will always be.

I tend to side with the belief that we as a people should have more concern for one another. But I understand that many business' aren't going to operate that way.
    02-21-2018 12:31 PM
    Customers are always right to want to be well served, period.

The “client is 100% right, at any given time, in any situation” popular belief is false.
    Agreed.
    TwitchyPuppy and tadpoles like this.
    02-21-2018 12:31 PM
    It’s unfortunate that you believe that.
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    02-21-2018 05:14 PM
    I certainly wouldn't want to buy from your store. Mutual respect is very important and makes everything much easier.
    Tartarus likes this.
    02-21-2018 06:57 PM
    Maybe you should post the name of your store for all to see.
    02-21-2018 07:13 PM
    Maybe you should post the name of your store for all to see.
    I would if I was stupid.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-21-2018 07:20 PM
    I would if I was stupid.
    Or honest and transparent.
    scruffypig and X0LARIUM like this.
    02-21-2018 07:33 PM
    Or honest and transparent.
    Ok, pay me first.
    02-21-2018 10:54 PM
    Ok, pay me first.
    The fact that we won't "pay you first" itself shows that we (the customers) are not the stupid ones here. You are.
    Oh and might I add, you too are a customer somewhere, to someone. So any way, you are just as stupid as you claim the rest of us to be. lol
    BreakingKayfabe and Speedygi like this.
    02-22-2018 12:19 AM
    Religion. Education. Healthcare. Everything is a business today. There is no surprise there. And nothing wrong with it too. However, there are ethics. There is a very thin line between doing business and robbery. If Apple is forcing us for an upgrade through unethical ways (such as slowing older devices) that is wrong on their part. However, if they stop supporting a device, and the customer chooses to upgrade, this is their decision.
    Speedygi likes this.
    02-22-2018 12:26 AM
    The fact that we won't "pay you first" itself shows that we (the customers) are not the stupid ones here. You are.
    Oh and might I add, you too are a customer somewhere, to someone. So any way, you are just as stupid as you claim the rest of us to be. lol
    I agree with you 100% and I’m glad someone finally gets what I’m trying to get across.
    02-22-2018 12:37 AM
    I agree with you 100% and I’m glad someone finally gets what I’m trying to get across.
    LOL..it's not you vs us. You are us.
    02-22-2018 02:51 AM
    LOL..it's not you vs us. You are us.
    That’s what I’m acknowledging. I don’t get bent out of shape over the truth like others have in this thread.
    02-22-2018 03:03 AM
    That’s what I’m acknowledging. I don’t get bent out of shape over the truth like others have in this thread.
    Well, what "truth" is according to you, is not the truth for everyone. Most of the people don't agree to what you are saying, me included. Customers are not stupid. They have paid the money and the deserve the right to say what they feel, they deserve respect and they deserve to be heard. Just like you, just like me.
    TgeekB and Speedygi like this.
    02-22-2018 03:31 AM
    What’s Apple responsibilities to customers? To be truthful to them. Did they have reason to throttle the phones due to shutdowns? Yes. But not with doing it and not saying so. Apple could have avoided this mess.
    This exactly. I don’t blame Apple one bit for throttling older phones with diminished batteries if it avoids other, more serious problems. Where they royally screwed up was not telling users.
    The fact that Apple is offering fairly inexpensive battery replacements for out of warranty devices is a positive. They could have simply rolled back the throttling “feature” (side note: they’re giving users the ability to disable it in iOS 11.3) but they’re attempting to do what’s right. I’m actually sensing a bit of humility by a company that normally isn’t.
    To reiterate...
    Throttling phones to avoid instability = Good
    Lack of transparency that they were doing it = Bad
    Realizing they screwed up and offering multiple solutions = Good
    TwitchyPuppy and Annie_8plus like this.
    02-22-2018 07:09 AM
    They have paid the money and the deserve the right to say what they feel, they deserve respect and they deserve to be heard.
    Respect because they spent some money? Lol keep on thinking that. We are nothing but a statistic. We aren’t special. Gotta get over yourself.
    02-22-2018 10:58 AM
    Respect because they spent some money? Lol keep on thinking that. We are nothing but a statistic. We aren’t special. Gotta get over yourself.
    Respect for the relationship that develops between a customer and a business owner. People dealing with people.
    One of the things missing today is the small business where the owner not only knew their customers but, because of that relationship, provided quality service. It’s a realization that one needs the other. Without customers you have no business. Without the business customers have no product or service.
    Being able to buy online in the comfort of your home is extremely convenient, but I think we’ve lost something. It clearly shows in this thread.
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    02-22-2018 06:04 PM
117 ... 2345