First off, I am pretty clueless as to anything "Iphone". I've always been an Andriod user, but I am finally ready to make the switch. Here's my dilemma: My brother recently purchased an iPhone 7 Plus for his girlfriend on his Verizon account. Long story short, he and his girlfriend broke up and he now has a practically brand new Iphone but is not able to access anything or re-set the phone since she has the Find My I-Phone activated. She refuses to give him the password. Even though he purchased the phone and it is on his account is there anything he can do? He wants me to take the phone and use it, but we cant access the phone so we are at a loss. Since he has insurance on the phone, someone said that he can report it stole, pay the deductible and get a new phone. Is this our only option? Thank you in advance for any advice!
    10-09-2017 10:45 AM
    First off, I am pretty clueless as to anything "Iphone". I've always been an Andriod user, but I am finally ready to make the switch. Here's my dilemma: My brother recently purchased an iPhone 7 Plus for his girlfriend on his Verizon account. Long story short, he and his girlfriend broke up and he now has a practically brand new Iphone but is not able to access anything or re-set the phone since she has the Find My I-Phone activated. She refuses to give him the password. Even though he purchased the phone and it is on his account is there anything he can do? He wants me to take the phone and use it, but we cant access the phone so we are at a loss. Since he has insurance on the phone, someone said that he can report it stole, pay the deductible and get a new phone. Is this our only option? Thank you in advance for any advice!
    So is the phone on his or her iCloud account?
    10-09-2017 10:55 AM
    It is on her icloud account. He purchased it through his carrier and the service is through his carrier, but everything on the phone is through her email/icloud.
    10-09-2017 11:08 AM
    So is the phone on his or her iCloud account?
    It is on her icloud account. He purchased it through his carrier and the service is through his carrier, but everything on the phone is through her email/icloud.
    10-09-2017 11:12 AM
    Ok, so as far as I know, there is no way to unlock it without having access to that iCloud account. But I suggest you wait if and see if someone else here knows a trick.
    10-09-2017 11:15 AM
    Pretty much a paperweight without her info.
    10-09-2017 05:06 PM
    You're out of luck without the Apple ID and password for the account. Maybe he could strike a deal with her.
    10-09-2017 05:37 PM
    If he has the purchase receipt then he can take it to apple and they can un iCloud lock it
    libra89 likes this.
    10-11-2017 09:35 PM