Debate: iPhone 8 Plus Versus iPhone X

iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

• Total voters

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
According to some tests, it looks like the iPhone X gets significantly better battery life. I believe this is due to the OLED power savings and one other very important difference I’ve noticed. That major difference is this: iOS 11 is extremely optimized for the iPhone X. I had many strange bugs on my iPhone 7 Plus, to the point of deleting everything and downloading a clean install of iOS 11 from iTunes and restoring my data back on it. It took all afternoon and evening and still bugs persisted, multiple bugs, the entire time in had my 7 plus running iOS 11. I got the iPhone X and started fresh. I haven’t noticed the bugs that were plaguing me since the introduction of iOS 11. Of course they would want their super flagship device to be perfect, and I think they put extra optimization with iOS 11 on iPhone X, since the experience so far has been downright delectable

My battery life is about the same as my 7 plus with the iOS 11 update. So, in other words, it's not the best.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I am new to iOS and my first iPhone was 8 Plus. I was really impressed with speed and battery performance.

I am a heavy user who attends 50 to 100 calls a day with Skype usage of 30 min or less. And also I do browse for 1 hour or less , WhatsApp, 10+ email syncing, LTE on all the time, reading on Tapatalk etc

With all this it last me a day. I do heard that X last longer, but unless I do test I can’t comment. I am skipping X and will get next year iPhone with improvements.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/393c26a907dfea856d401abe4875778d.jpg

I still believe that the Plus has better battery life than the X.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My battery on the 8 plus is very similar to the X. I’ll be honest, I can’t tell a difference.

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I still believe that the Plus has better battery life than the X.

I believe in real life it did so, but in simulated test I do notice that X last 40 mins and more than 8 Plus.

Who cares about the simulated test, iPhone 8 Plus last only 4 hours and more in those test and I am getting 9 hours and more of active usage.

I believe I have one of the best iPhone and happy.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the sizes of the batteries in the X, 8 Plus, and 8? I'm just trying to see the difference in capacity.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Size is the main difference most people were not aware of how small the X is. Great device but small screen and some apps are not ready for this screen size yet and it’s causing some issues.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Size is the main difference most people were not aware of how small the X is. Great device but small screen and some apps are not ready for this screen size yet and it’s causing some issues.

Yep I think most of the co-workers I've shown it to have been surprised by the size. They thought it was going to be a Plus size with the larger screen. Had to tell them no that's the rumor for next year. I have to agree with one review site I read though that the X is the "goldilocks" zone. Bigger screen in the smaller body. I know it's what I've been hoping for since I jumped from Android two years ago. I liked the size of the phone I had then which was about the size of a 6/6s/etc. but had a bigger screen due to less bezels. The X recaptures that and more.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I’m patienty waiting for developers to update their applications.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I’m going for the X. I’ve never been concerned about battery life because I’m never far from an outlet or a portable charger. I’m not concerned about face ID vs Touch ID. I could not care less about animojis. I am a little concerned about the removal of reachability but I am most concerned about camera and size and those are the deciding factors. I have had the plus phones since the 6 plus and as much as I love the screen size I hate the overall size and the X perfectly solved that problem.
Reachability is still available. It's even faster now that it only requires a swipe down to activate.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Reachability is still available. It's even faster now that it only requires a swipe down to activate.

Yeah it’s great. I love all of the gestures so far. That original post was made after the Apple announcement and initial reactions when Rene said it was not included on the X.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I wonder why I don’t have the iPhone X. I bought one, tried to sell it, didn’t make a huge amazing profit so I kept it and gave it to my wife. I went with the ip8, partly because I cracked the screen on my ip7. I love my ip8 but the iPhone X is really nice. So much screen and that’s it. I held it up to my galaxy s8 and the s8 has more bezel on top and bottom. Any ways I always come back the price. The X is expensive and if I thought I wouldn’t have sold it for a bunch of money I probably wouldn’t have bought it. But the price is a big difference especially if you factor in buying a new one every year. I had the 6 plus but have gone with the smaller iPhones since.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why I don’t have the iPhone X. I bought one, tried to sell it, didn’t make a huge amazing profit so I kept it and gave it to my wife. I went with the ip8, partly because I cracked the screen on my ip7. I love my ip8 but the iPhone X is really nice. So much screen and that’s it. I held it up to my galaxy s8 and the s8 has more bezel on top and bottom. Any ways I always come back the price. The X is expensive and if I thought I wouldn’t have sold it for a bunch of money I probably wouldn’t have bought it. But the price is a big difference especially if you factor in buying a new one every year. I had the 6 plus but have gone with the smaller iPhones since.
I originally got my X to sell after seeing that they were listed on eBay for over $10k and then on release day when I got mine the process dropped so I ended up keeping it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
iPhone X and iPhone 8 plus internal system is same but iPhone X is first Apple mobile which has IPS LCD display for OLED same technology used by Samsung and LG. I think iPhone X is better than iPhone 8 Plus.

It's the 8 and 8 Plus that uses LCD (along with all the older iPhones). OLED is a completely different technology from LCD.

NIZMOZ44

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I had a 7 plus, and now an 8 plus, and the battery is much better on the 8 plus. Not sure what they changed, but it is much better.

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Go for 8Plus it’s the best and still holds Touch ID, on the other hand X looks ugly with that notch and Face ID sucks . I also don’t like iPhone X weired aspect ratio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2